Joy

Back To December.

All of them gathered beside the pool and both newly-wed just couldn’t hold their happiness any longer. “So, what’s the “big news” that you guys have mentioned? It’d better be big.” said Hyoyeon, grabbing a bite of the apple that she took out of nowhere.

 

“You tell—” Jessica whispered to Donghae, blushing like a little kid. “Me? Do you want to tell them yourselves? I think it’s better since they’re your best sisters for life—” Donghae brushed the back of her hair and waited for her reply. She just shyly shook her head and looked into his eyes.

 

“Yah! Both of you just called us over to watch the cheesy scenes huh? I know we’re all pitiful singles—” the girls said in unison and smiled. It was good to see their friends with a blessed, happy marriage.

 

Donghae sniffed and took Jessica’s hand. He placed it on his thigh and looked at the girls, “Well—we’re gonna be parents soon.” Right after he announced it, he could feel a gush of joyfulness on himself. I’m gonna be a dad.

 

Yuri who was gulping down her Coke choked; Taeyeon and Tiffany just widened their eyes in disbelief; Yoona and Seohyun remained speechless; Hyoyeon, Sunny, Sooyoung had the most overreacted reaction among them all as they yelled together, “Jessica Jung is pregnant?!”

 

After coming to their senses, the girls all swarmed around Jessica and flooded her with their concerns. “Why didn’t you tell us earlier? We could at least buy baby stuffs on the way here!”

 

“It’s still early Tiff—we don’t even know about the gender of the baby yet—”

 

Donghae left them and walked towards the maids to drop orders. From a distance, he smiled widely when he saw his wife was so delightful with her friends. In order to give them some short moment alone, he paced into the house to take something for her.

 

Hyoyeon laid her head on Jessica’s lap out of blue. She placed her ears nearer to her belly and soon, she glued her ear on Jessica’s stomach. “What are you doing?” asked the leader. “You might hurt her—”

 

“Shhh—” the girls went into a silent mode since the choding’s face was serious. What was she up to? After a while, she got right back into the position and questioned, “Yah—why couldn’t I feel your baby kicking? Isn’t the drama scene usually—” Sooyoung gave a light knock on Hyoyeon’s head and argued, “She’s not even months pregnant yet! Do you want to feel my kick now?” Their kiddy-like actions made the girls laugh, “Don’t be too loud—I don’t want my niece or nephew to be a talkative like both of you—” said Sunny with her eye-smile.

 

“Well unnie, can I suggest a name for your baby?” Yoona touched Jessica’s still-flat-stomach softly. “Hmm? Well, voice it out. I might consider it—”

 

The girls started to scream out the unusual or “so-called-unique” names out. “Rilakkuma!” “No Jessie! Totoro is pretty much a cool name!” “What about Minnie Lee?”

 

Jessica just laughed upon hearing her friends’ suggestions. “Can’t you guys suggest a name not according to cartoon characters?” They all started to mess around and chit-chatted until Jessica sneezed several times straight. “Are you alright, unnie?” Seohyun asked anxiously.

 

“I’m alright—Just a little—”

 

“Cold—” Donghae continued her line. “Here you go—” He placed a big coat all over her shoulder to make sure she was warm. “It’s pretty windy now—do you want to move in? It’ll be warmer—”

 

“No—it’s okay. Go prepare the food, pabo Hae—” She gently flicked on Donghae’s forehead and grinned to assure that she was alright. “Girls, please help me to take care of my precious for a while—” he tapped Jessica’s shoulder before returning to the barbeque spot.

 

“We’re really happy for you, Sica-ah—I’m sure he’ll be a great daddy and husband.”

 

“I’m sure—too.” Jessica smiled warmly at Donghae who constantly turned back to examine her.

 

I couldn’t be any happier.

 

 

I last updated on the last day of July and now it’s already the 14th of October. Sorry for the very, very late update readers! Hope you guys can understand me and I really hope you enjoy the update above, I know it’s short. Anyway, leave some comments okay? :)