Mixed Feelings.

Back To December.

“Here—” Donghae gently nudged Jessica’s shoulder when he was back to her side. “Take this—” He passed her a cup of hot chocolate that he bought minutes ago.

 

“Thanks—” she turned back and glared at the booth. “It wasn’t there before right?” she asked blankly.

 

“Yeah—as I said—everything changed—” he then took a sip of his hot drink and remained silent. He didn’t look at Jessica either, leaving her to be confused with his feelings, what had I done wrong? His focus was only at the beach’s scenery, the waves.

 

For a long moment, neither of them moved. This is seriously torturing me. Why did he have to stir my mind up? She thought. She carefully moved her head to the left and glimpsed at Donghae’s side profile. That sharp nose—that hair—and everything that is perfect. How can you say everything changed?

 

Realizing that Jessica’s gaze was prettily locked on his, Donghae knew he should at least talk something, anything, but nothing came to his mind. The memories came rushing back then, all of them. Finally, he broke the silence by asking, “Do you still remember this place?”

 

“Of course I still do—” she let out a short laugh. “It’d been long since I last stepped this clear sand—”

 

“Really?” he asked, attempting to find words to continue. But once again, he found himself back to the awkward piece of inarticulateness.

 

Jessica saw his expression and misinterpreted it. “I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable—” she explained. “Did I—say something that offended you earlier?” she asked, hoping the answer would be a no.

 

“No—no. Don’t say that—I mean—I was supposed to be the one to apologize—Don’t mind me, I was—just—I don’t know. Suddenly, I’m just—emotional.” His words started to tremble, feeling nervous. He sniffled, “I was just—thinking back the memories we had here—” And at that moment, Jessica was unsure whether she did see a drop of twinkling tears fell from his eyes.

 

“It was awesome—but I lost it.” he answered bitterly. He was no longer the hyper and the naughty Donghae hours ago, Jessica sensed that. The blue sky was slowly turning into a dark-orange azure. The people also began to leave the spot, walking pass them with eyes full of inquisitiveness. Jessica quickly lowered down her hoodies even more in case she was recognized out.

 

“Do you want to leave now?” asked Donghae. “I’m sorry that I wasted the whole afternoon of yours—and asked you to spend like, hours without much words, sitting here like—stupid.”

 

“It’s okay—”

 

Donghae gripped her arm, in order to help her got up from sitting. He softly patted her pants to shove the sand away. “I’m sorry—if it’s an improper action—I’m really sorry about it.”

 

Jessica looked into his eyes and uncontrollably giving him a seductive grin. “Are you really that Donghae?” She bent over to take the paper cup to be disposed, “You aren’t that you—Donghae doesn’t apologize much—” After that, she took steps away from him. “She’s right—why do I keep apologizing?”

 

“Dongh—” as Jessica wanted to turn around and called out his name, he felt an abrupt back hug, causing her to staggered a little forward due to the strong impact. “Don’t—don’t move.” Donghae’s head was leaning against Jessica’s, and they stayed at that fixed position for a few minutes. Both of them could feel each other’s racing heartbeats during that icy, yet warm atmosphere. What is going on now?

 

“Is there no way back? Back to the past?” he asked, mildly turning her face to him. He almost stopped there; aware that if he got the words out, he might not be friends with her anymore—and the situation might even get worsen. “You have no idea how much the last few days have caused me—that whole week. That whole week that I was alert that you already have a—boyfriend.”

 

Jessica glanced into his sincere eyes but he avoided it. He was paralyzed that he couldn’t forge ahead. “Meeting you back—has been the best thing that’s ever happened to me—but then—it wasn’t just that perfect. I have no confidence in overcoming these endless regrets.” He hesitated, knowing that if he stopped now, he’d never be able to say it anyone other than her. “I love you—” he whispered. Almost voiceless. The time had seriously stopped.

 

He just confessed to me. “I know it’s—just ridiculous. This whole thing. Since you already have a boyfriend—I shouldn’t be telling you this. But I’m that—kind of person that doesn’t like to keep words inside—it makes me feel, depressed. Well—just—forget it.” He briefly smiled, not giving Jessica a chance to respond. Right then, he immediately regretted.I meant it, Jessica. The setting sun slowly descending down the horizon, yet, its dim glow still able to shine through them, causing Jessica’s blond hair to glaze more appealingly.

 

In frenzy, with the blood and emotions all rushing into his brain, he smoothly placed his curved hand around her sharp-figured-face, and gazed intensely into her dark watery eyes. “I—” he arched his body and slowing, following the flow, his lips intertwined with hers. Like years ago, Jessica was dumbfounded.He just kissed me, I mean—he is kissing me. “Have always loved you—and I love you—” he said gently and brushed her fringe to aside, and kissed her forehead again, “and I’ll always love you—”

 

Upon hearing the sweet words, Jessica’s eyes sprinkled, and sparked with tears. Tears of touched, tears of joy. Although GD did kiss her, but the kiss that she received from Donghae, wasn’t feeling the same. “Perhaps—your feelings are the—same as mine? Will you give me another chance?” She didn’t think much, she wanted this, she’d always wanted all this back, although she knew she’d hurt GD, but the love between them were completely different. “I love you—oppa—Why do you have to mess up my—” This time, her lips were already closed before she finished her sentence, she let herself go along with the outflow, the moment that she’d imagined of. All the unwanted anger, fear, had gone to nowhere. As Donghae’s arms were around her tiny waist, she moderately encircled her arm around his neck.

 

/

 

“Coming!” yelled Tiffany from the living room, running at her limit towards the door. “Ah—it’s you—Welcome in—”

 

GD took one step in before she shut the door up. “Jessie isn’t home yet—” Tiffany blurted out in English. “It’s okay—I’ve bought some pizzas when I was on my way here—hope you girls enjoy it—” he answered.

 

“Thank you!!” Sooyoung snapped out and rushed towards the dining table, opening up each box to search for her favourite. “Could you please don’t embarrass yourself in front of a guest?” asked Sunny. “Wash your hands first!” she yelled.

 

GD laughed at the girls’ actions. “Don’t—mind them.” said Tiffany, feeling a little disappointed on Sooyoung’s action. “Don’t worry—we always mess around at our dorm too. It’s alright. I don’t mind—”

 

“Really? That was new—but I think it’s better than her—” she quietly pointed at the shikshin and shook her head. “Set yourself down—I’ll get you a cup of drink—” she led GD to the living room. He was wondering around when Tiffany was gone. It was the first time he was here, in their dorm, as usual; he stopped taking steps at the doorway. He grinned at the pink decorations situated on sides, and the photos that the girls had taken. On the big wall, there was a big poster of SNSD’s Genie, while beside the TV, there were photos that they captured all together in casual clothes.

 

“Here you go—Is Coke okay for you?”

 

“Sure—anything—When is Sica coming back?”

 

“Uhh—well, I don’t know about that too—” she answered attentively, in case she accidentally spit out the fact that Jessica had been together with Donghae.

 

“She’s with—” as Sooyoung almost erupted the truth, “Eat this!” Yuri immediately squeezed a piece of pepperoni pizza into . “Be quiet and eat—”

 

GD turned his attention back to Tiffany again, who was now wearing an awkward smile. “They’re—” he laughed. “Well—SNSD aren’t like what others think huh—” he joked. “Have you guys been in contact with her?”

 

“We called her once this afternoon—Why?”

 

“We were on the phone—but then the call was hung.”

 

“Maybe her phone was out of battery—” Tiffany tried to his worries away.

 

“Sica hung the phone?” the girls on the dining table began to joke around and were off to their own land of imagination.

 

“You girls! Be quiet!” demanded Tiffany while GD was answering his call on the couch. “You better not let him know about Donghae’s thing—He—”

 

“Uhh I’m really sorry—But I think I gotta go now.”

 

“That’s early—you haven’t been here for half an hour—” answered Yuri.

 

“Hyung just called—I gotta be back to the studio now—We have to discuss on our upcoming project, and the meeting with the sunbaes was urgent—” said GD while grabbing his car keys and were ready to leave.

 

“Hope everything goes well—see you next time—” said the girls.

 

“Would you girls do me a favour? Pass my message to Jessica. Tell her that I miss her, and ask her to call me right after she’s home—” GD said and gave them a wink before he dashed out.

 

“Sooooo sweeeettt—Where’s my boy?” said Sooyoung once again, dreaming.

 

“Yah! Stop dreaming and eat!” the girls all went up to Sooyoung and made her mouthful of pizzas, launching their pranks on each other.

 

P.S/ GD, i'm sorry :S hope you guys like this chapter anyway! as usual, drop comments so that i can improve :)