Where Did You Go?

Back To December.

“Where are you going, ma’am?” Jessica was about to creep her way to her car in the garage without the driver’s notice as his back was facing her. But just as she almost reached the car door, she was being called out. “Sir has ordered me to drive you—you can’t drive alone.”

 

She put on a smile and faced him, “I’ll be back just in 30 minutes, it’s alright for that right?” she lied.

 

“But—”

 

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve already informed him.” She said, hoping that he would just take it and let her off. By watching his face, she knew he was in a big confusion. “Don’t worry—you won’t lose your job, I promise. So..” she pointed at him, telling him that he was blocking her way, “Would you mind to excuse me?”

 

/

 

Later that night, Jessica put down the novel that she bought earlier and walked out of her room cautiously. She held on one of the maids and questioned, “Is Hae back yet?”

 

“Yeah—sir is back.” Weird, why didn’t he come into our room first? “He’s in the office now—”

 

“Thanks—” She smiled warmly and headed towards the direction that the maid had pointed. As soon as she opened the door, she was surprised to see Donghae angrily tossed crumpled sheets of papers towards the floor. “Hae—what’s wrong?”

 

He remained quiet, didn’t even bother to give her a look. He felt that a pair of warm arm encircling his neck and a soft whisper, “What’s wrong hmm?” She hesitated, “Hey talk to me—you’re scary like that”

 

“Can you leave me alone now? I’m busy—” Why was he acting like that? Is this a prank? Or did he find out that this afternoon—

 

Jessica tried to make things less awkward although she was fear of the current situation and the attitude that he was having at that moment. She tidied up the messed up files on the table and replied softly, “I’ll wait for—”

 

“Don’t you understand what I’m talking about?” He gripped her arm and pushed her away; he wasn’t aware that his action might have hurt her, but he couldn’t help himself as anger was slowly taking control on him. “I asked you to leave.”

 

“Why are—”

 

“Why didn’t you listen to me?”

 

“I—”

 

“Why are you always this stubborn Sica? You thought I really didn’t know anything just because I purposely didn’t call and check on you this whole afternoon?” Donghae suddenly flew off the handle and continued, “Didn’t I warn you this morning?”

 

“I’m sorry—but—”

 

“You’re sorry? You’re carrying a baby, our baby; this means that you’re already a mom, no longer a teenager that enjoyed having fun without any worries. What if something happens to you and the baby? Have you ever thought of that? Why can’t you think about the consequences before you did anything?”

 

Jessica quickly wiped her tears as they slowly dropped off the edge of her eyes. Although Donghae was still irritated that time, he had an urge to pull her into his arms. He stretched his arm and clenched her arm again, but she retraced back and showed pain in her face. Actually she did winch in pain minutes ago when Donghae first express his anger but he wasn’t aware of it. “What’s wrong with your arm?”

 

She fearfully shook her head, “Nothing.”

 

“There must be something that you’re hiding.” He lifted up her sleeves and discovered bruises, “When did you get this?”

 

“It was crowded—some of them just accidentally elbowed me so I—”

 

“Again. This all wouldn’t have had happened if you weren’t that stubborn. There wasn’t even any guard beside you; even your friends were with you, but they are girls too Sica, how can they protect you?” Donghae’s blood started to boil, “Go back and rest. I still have a lot of work to do and I don’t want you to bother me.”

 

Jessica made tracks back to her room, sobbing quietly under the covers. She recalled back what Donghae had said to her and she was regret about her action that she did earlier. “I’m sorry—” she murmured.

 

“Ma’am—” The maid knocked on the door.

 

“Come in—”

 

She placed a cup of hot milk beside the table and was ready to leave Jessica alone, however she was halted. “Where’s Hae? Is he still in the office?”

 

“No, sir just went out—”

 

/

 

Jessica was awakened by the nightmare she had during midnight, realizing no one was beside her. She took a peek on the table clock, and it showed 1.30 a.m. She picked up her phone and started to dial for his number, but she was unable to reach him with several calls she made. Where are you?

 

P.S/ Ah I'm so sorry for this chapter, I didn't know what I was typing and I kind of think that this chapter is disappointing :(