Eunseo

Back To December.

“Perfect.” The photographer looked at the camera with much satisfaction. “No doubt that you’re crowned as the fashion model among the idols."

 

“Thanks—” Being humble, she bowed and thanked the staffs on set before making her way to the make-up room where her things were located at. Her steps slowed down as her headache was getting worse. “Are you okay?” a guy was standing in front of her without her notice. “You look pale.”

 

“I’m okay.” She slightly brushed her bangs aside before lifting her head up. To her dismay, it was him, the male model that she just had photo shoot with. He was honoured as the rising-star in the model industry nowadays; the great looks he had had earned him many teenage girls’ hearts. “You don’t look like you’re fine, though.” He answered, watching her leaning against the wall and constantly rubbing her temple. He began to get concerned, “Is there anything that I can help you with?”

 

“My bag..” She murmured, slowly pointed at the room which were steps away. He rushed to the room and returned to her sight in a flash of light. She gently took it over and started to rummage through her bag to search for her car keys. “Thanks—” she flashed a brief smile, “See you another time—nice working with you.” Before she turned to leave, he interrupted; “Are you driving home?”

 

She nodded, “Why?”

 

“Obviously you can’t. So let me drive you home.” Although they had just known each other two hours ago, she didn’t turn down the help as she clearly knew that she wouldn’t be able to drive with her dizziness bugging her. “Alright—Thank you.”

 

/

 

Donghae arrived at Eunseo’s hotel's lobby at 2. She had informed him that she changed her mind and demanded him to reach on time. “I’m going out now, so get your cameras ready.” She ended the call with a wicked smile once she stepped out of the elevator. As soon as she spotted him; she threw herself into his broad arms which made him had a step backward to balance himself. She loosened her grip and stared at him who was still being speechless. “Why aren’t you looking that happy?”

 

“What’s with calling me to arrive here way before the 7 o clock dinner?” He questioned.

 

“Just thought..you might want a family night later.” She answered back innocently and sounded almost sincere. Donghae refused to believe that she was actually this ‘good’, but he didn’t ask more either. “Let’s go to my place. I don’t want to spend so much time here doing nothing.” She intertwined her fingers as his and dragged him to the elevator. Photos – saved.

 

‘Pictures are safe with me; make sure you get what I've wanted."

 /

 

“Thanks..” she said weakly when he opened car’s door for her. “My driver would send you back to the company later.”

 

“There’s no such need—I can hail a cab anyway.” He grinned, “So—see you soon then.” She simply wore a smile and headed straight back into the house. She felt like she was all drained out as she walked up the stairs. Lying flat on the bed, she took her phone out and texted her friends; Dinner’s cancelled.

 

/

 

“What does she mean by dinner’s cancelled? I’ve sacrificed my date just for this dinner and now she’s telling me that it’s cancelled.” Hyoyeon raged at her phone as she read the message. “This girl has never changed!”

 

“Date..what date, unnie? With who?” Seohyun’s innocent question burst Sooyoung into laughter. “Seohyun ah—you should know her ‘date’ means none other than her television. What else does she do during the free days?”

 

“Oh shut up Soo.” Hyoyeon took a large bite of her lasagne and continued, “I’m still going though. Not for the dinner but for Jaiden. Fair enough.”

 

“Count me in.” Yuri added from afar. “Me too me too!” the shorties of the group later interrupted. 

 

“People like you—speechless.”

 

/

 

"So tell me, what do you actually want?" Donghae asked impatiently, almost yelling at her face.

 

"I'm pretty sure the news of your mum receiving that packaged had reached to you." Eunseo snatched her pack of cigarette and lit it up. She motioned towards the balcony and lied against the rail. "What do you think I actually want?" It was a solid silence of 5 minutes where none of them spoke. After putting the cigarette down on the ashtray, she walked into the living room once again and sat alongside Donghae.

 

"I'll give you a way out." She took a gulp of her vodka and continued, "$3 mil GBP in 2 days in my bank account for you to buy back your happy memories in London. I'm assured that this amount of money is nothing for you."

 

"Okay, if that's what you asked for." Donghae replied almost immediately, "After this is done, please stop bothering me and my family."

 

Eunseo chuckled bitterly. With another take of alcohol, she muttered; "I wish I were like you, you know? To have someone drawing you out from falling any further in this." With that, he knew she was referring to his mum. To be honest, if she didn't happen to be in London that time; Donghae couldn't imagine how his life would turn out to be right now. He saw her lied her back on the couch and looked at the bottle of pills situated on the table. He observed that her both of her hands were shaking slightly, and he assumed it was due to the high from the drugs she consumed.

 

"Unlike me..years had past and I'm still a mess with no happy ending definitely."

 

Before her hands reached the bottle; Donghae quickly seized it off the table. "You know it ain't good for you. You should stop."

 

She was completely taken aback by his act. For her, they were never that close to begin with. What they shared was that reckless days where he was miserable and she was just living her "normal" life on drugs; stripping herself and searching for someone who was wealthy enough to provide her money for her needs. They were more like bullheaded friends with benefits rather than the couple that she mentioned earlier. She pitied herself in many ways at times. "No one has ever said that to me--" She fought hard not to let her tears fell, "Everyone I met just drove me further down and won't pick me right back up. No one's saving me. And I can't be saved."

 

For some reason now; Donghae's hatred for her wasn't as strong as compared to the previous days. Her words seemed to signal him that all of her acts these few days were an act; all of these that led up to a blackmail of $5 mil pound was forced by someone else behind her. He gently motioned his hand towards her back to comfort her and witnessed her wincing in pain. He instantly knew something was wrong. He slowly rolled her sleeves up only to have uncovered her bruised hands. She took of the cardigan and revealed a fresh wound behind her back. It was such a jaw-dropping scene for him to watch. "Who did this to you?!"