Our blessed family

Back To December.

Two months ago, Jessica had experienced the most painful thing in her whole life. Donghae and she had planned to have a home birth instead of delivering their first baby in the hospital; which they didn’t have to worry about the hospital policies and regulations as well as the media’s reports or any kind of things that will invade their privacy. She wouldn’t forget the feelings she had that particular morning. After her water broke, she felt disheartened and clearly uncomfortable that she couldn’t even release the fist that she’d been clenching.

 

Donghae, being the more panic one; of course took any orders that the doctor gave to help relieve Jessica’s pain. He, the doctor and a few nurses set up an inflatable birth tub—a kiddie wading pool in their big bedroom and filled it with warm water which could help to ease the pain of her strong contractions. Jessica leaned against Donghae who has climbed into the tub with her. “Why does it hurt so much—” asked Jessica weakly, grimacing through one contraction after another.

 

“You’re having a hard labor—but you’re doing great.” The doctor replied back.

 

Donghae gripped on her hand hardly; although he was happy that they both were going to meet their baby soon, but looking Jessica in pain had totally tore his heart apart. “Couldn’t you give her something that can take the pain away?” he asked with a slight annoyance in his tone. The doctor insisted to have a truly natural birth instead of giving her some kind of drugs which weren’t advised. They moved her to the comfortable bed right after she’d finally dilated to 10 centimeters. Through the pushing time; Donghae hadn’t step an inch away from Jessica. After 20 minutes, she gave one final push and tiny cry of a chubby infant could be heard.

 

Having the feeling of being parents for the first time, they cried with tears of joy. Donghae’s hand was shaking when he cut off the umbilical cord using a surgical knife. Shortly afterward, the doctor did a standard neonatal baby exam and exclaimed that he was perfectly fine. Jessica and Donghae smiled blissfully as they first hugged their baby in their arms, “He’s got pouty lips like you, Hae—”

 

“And he’s just as perfect as you—” Donghae grinned.

 

/

 

“Yah—” Sunny shoved away Sooyoung’s hand, “Stop teasing me with the balloons! You know it might burst in any minute—”

 

The girls were decorating the living room in order to celebrate the choding—Hyoyeon’s birthday. Since they created a loud noise, they obviously didn’t realize Donghae, Jessica and their precious nephew had already standing on the doorway. “Oppa! Unnie!” One of the girls noticed and greeted, soon; all of them swarmed towards the Lee family, wanting to carry Jaiden in their arms as if it was their first time.

 

“Hi Jaiden!” they pushed each other and attempted to grab his attention. He let out chuckles as usual which brought smiles to each of them. The members really liked it since he looked so adorable with his dimples and had eye-smiles like Tiffany’s. Jessica gently placed him down on Taeyeon’s queen-sized bedroom while she joined Yuri, Yoona, Tiffany, and Seohyun in the kitchen.

 

“I’ll pick both of you up when the party is finished, okay?” Donghae hugged her briefly and left to attend his friends’ gathering.

 

“Aren’t you excited, unnie? We’re having our first comeback next month as a whole after..one year without you.” said Seohyun and Yoona, “The medias are really anticipating for it—”

“They’re more looking forward to have Jaiden’s picture, aren’t they?” smiled Jessica as she poured herself a cup of drink.

“But aren’t you going to reveal it, Sica? Like how some celebrities do?” asked Yuri curiously, “The medias are dying to have one of his baby picture.”

Tiffany nodded, “Well they have to give up on that. Jessica dislikes privacy invasion.” She said confidently, reflecting the fact that she knew her best friend well enough.

 

 

“Aish this boy—how can he be so flawless?” Sooyoung lied beside him and observed his features, “He’s really a great combination of his dad and mom—”

“Don’t mess with my son-in-law, Soo.” Hyoyeon joked while squeezing in between them, earning a hit from her group-mate. Once again, Jaiden giggled happily as if he understood the conversation between them.

“Chinchha kyeopta—” Taeyeon couldn’t help herself from smiling along with him.

“Yah—look here!” The trio looked at Sunny’s direction, unaware that she was actually holding a camera. She laughed when she examined the screen; the Kim-s had their eyes wide open while the jangshin had her derp face, “Only my Jaiden looks great here—”

“Yah! You could at least tell us to make a better pose!”

 

/

 

3 years later

 

SNSD were still being crowned as queens in the entertainment industry. They’d been equally successful in their group promotions, as well as their own solo promotions. Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung were focusing more in dramas; Seohyun, Tiffany, Taeyeon focused on music composition; Hyoyeon and Sunny got involved in various variety shows; Jessica had been named the fashion model of their group as she actively participated in photoshoots.

 

“You’re staring at me, aren’t you?” said Donghae, eyes closed with his arms below his head.

“That’s called gazing.”

“It’s creepy.” He joked.

“It’s romantic.” Jessica giggled and laid her fingers on his face, making them to “slide” down from his chin, way to his chest. Donghae grabbed a hold on her waist and pulled her above his body, staring intensely into her dark-brown eyes.

“Last night was wonderful.” He paused, “You should cut down your work hours so that we could enjoy more frequently.

Donghae kissed her neck softly as they flipped position, “It’s our anniversary today, you didn’t forget about it, did you?”

“Na-ah.” Jessica shook her head.

He ruffled her hair and continued, “I’ve already contacted the girls, and they agreed to help us to take care of Jaiden tonight.”

She slipped her hand into his shirt, and just as she was about to continue the conversation….

Jaiden broke into their room without knocking their door, “Mom!” Jessica quickly pushed Donghae away from her instead their son saw their position. He sighed and watched the little boy running towards their direction, to be exact, running into Jessica’s arms.

“Good morning handsome boy,” She played with the little ponytail that she tied on his hair last night, “Why are you so happy today?”

Jaiden handed them a magazine that he’d been holding and pointed at the image on it. Both of his parents took a glimpse and questioned, “Disneyland?”

He nodded. Although he was just three, he was already intelligent enough. “I want to go there. I want to meet Mickey.” What had Yuri done to my boy? He showed his eye-smiles and hugged his little stuffed animal that Yuri gifted, “Please—”

“Gimme a kiss and I’ll consider about it.” said Jessica, receiving a peck in a fraction of light. She smiled blissfully, “Alright, now tell your daddy about it—”

“Please, daddy?” he automatically climbed towards him and sat on his lap.

“But you stole a kiss from mom—” Donghae patted Jaiden’s softly, “Unless you give it back to me.”

Jessica laughed, “Stop being such a kid, Hae—”

“I don’t care.” He replied her and faced the small one, “Come on—where’s the kiss?”

Jessica turned to another direction while tying her hair up, leaving both of their boys to have their bonding time. Being the kid who always surprised his parents with his unexpected ideas, Jaiden pushed Donghae’s head nearer to Jessica while yelling “Mom” at the same time. And of course, he had gotten the kiss that he wanted. Both of them smiled and kissed him each side of his puffy cheeks hard, “You’ll never know how much we love you, naughty boy.”

“And I love you too, appa and ommmmma!”

  

First of all, I wanna thank all of my readers for spending your time to read this fanfic. You all really made my day when I saw the comments that you guys dropped :) Thanks! And, I wanna apologize for the grammar/spelling errors I had when I typed this fanfic, forgive me okay? :P And also, my late updates! I'm so sorry about that! I really hope you guys enjoy reading Back To December, and sorry if it's too short and not enough for you - (hint) I might write one-shots about this so stay tuned, okay? Happy New Year and I love you guys! <3