Nerd?

Back To December.

“Do you really have to go now?” asked Donghae, lying lazily on the bed. He saw a beautiful figure in front of him, dressing up and seemed to be annoyed on finding something that was missing.

 

“Yeah—I’m back on track.” She simply answered, not eyeing on him. She swiped through all the things on the make-up table, creating a big mess. “By the way—” Jessica turned around and stared at him, “Did you see my necklace? That we bought days ago in Milan?”

 

“Nope—you know I’ll never touch your things—” answered Donghae back. “Wait—” he paused, “You lost it?”

 

“Yeah, I guess I have to say that.” She replied, totally gave off the clumsy yet adorable look on her face.

 

Donghae hopped off bed and walked towards her, in order to help her to search for it. She’d been opening up every wardrobe, flipping through the comforter, and everything that the necklace might be at. Although it wasn’t that extravagant, but it was quite a meaningful one to her. Donghae had presented her another necklace, which wrote the alphabets “JD” on it. “Just freaking show yourself!” she slightly shouted, as if the item would answer her back.

 

“Found it—” said Donghae, but Jessica didn’t hear his words. He leaned against the wall and stared at her potato-like wife, doing all the actions that were never revealed in front of him. “Yah pabo—” he said softly, “I said I’ve found it—”

 

“Ah chinchha—” she knocked her forehead lightly with her fist. “Give it back to me—”

 

“Ani—” said Donghae, hiding the necklace behind him.

 

“Mwuh? I’m running out of time—” she said, kind of pissed.

 

“Because I want to wear it for you—” said Donghae. He pulled her closer, letting her forehead leaning against his chest. He gently circled her neck and helped to put the necklace on. Even it’s just a simple move, but Jessica’s heartbeat was still racing. “Done—” He observed his wife’s face, “What is this? Are you blushing?”

 

“Of course I’m not—” obviously, her cheeks were as red as apples, but she still tried hard to deny it. She never wanted to lose in a “love argument” between Donghae and her.

 

“Yes you are—” he placed his hand on the loops of her skinny jeans and stared deeply into her dark-brown eyes. He kissed her lips, “Be careful at your work, okay?”

 

“Okay, make sure you do the same—” said Jessica, peeking at her watch before facing Donghae again, “Don’t you need to get yourself ready for work too?” she asked, brushing her nose against his.

 

“Hmmm—yeah. And—I might not be back that early tonight—” added Donghae, “Sungmin had texted me earlier and reminded me that we have an upcoming project to finish off—so—”

 

“So—I’ll have to have dinner by myself?” she asked, a little disappointment could be sensed.

 

“Yeah—I’m sorry about that. I’ll definitely pay it back to you next time, okay?” he answered. He didn’t want this to happen either. Screw that Sungmin. He thought silently in his mind.

 

“Okay then—Anyway, I really have to go now, bye!” she tipped her toes and kissed his forehead shortly before he could let out another word. She grabbed the car key on the table and ran her way down the stairs.

 

/

 

“Has she arrived yet?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“Nope—I bet she’s making her way here. Let us all for her for another minute—” replied Tiffany.

 

“I’m here! Sorry for being late!” they heard that familiar voice, which always appeared when she was late for any occasion. “Really sorry—” Jessica inhaled, trying to catch back her breaths as she had dashed to the practice room from the basement.

 

“Mwuh? You’ve been late for 30 minutes!” exclaimed Sooyoung. “You’re always—”

 

“Chill—here’s a sandwich. I hope that it’ll shut your mouth—” she joked and threw a small box sandwich towards the shikshin. It was her breakfast; but to avoid being nagged for the next few hours, she rather sacrificed her food.

 

“That’s better—” answered Sooyoung with a delight face.

 

/

 

After their practice, the girls rested in their room, as usual. Working up a body of sweat, they lied head to head on the floor, having a girls’ talk.

 

“It’s been a while since we all lie down together like that—” Yuri spoke out. “After Sica is married, our dorm seemed to become quieter.”

 

“Are you indirectly saying that you miss me?” asked Jessica. She loved and missed chatting with her friends like that.

 

“We all miss you.” said Taeyeon.

 

“Although you can’t cook, although you can’t clean the house, although you wake up late everyday, although you—” said Sooyoung before being interrupted.

 

“Stop those although-s, as if like I can’t do anything?” Jessica shot back.

 

“You’ve just stated the truth. You can’t do anything.” Her friend replied. Jessica sat up with her poker face on, “Yah all of you—if it’s like that, return me all the gifts that I’ve bought—”

 

“Ani—You know I’m just kidding—” said Hyoyeon, expressing her acting skills that she learnt from Yoona. “Anyway, have you heard about the new trainee?”

 

“New trainee? Who?” asked Jessica in confusion.

 

“Actually, she’s not even considered as a new trainee. She’s been here for the last three months, it’s just that we didn’t realize—” explained Yuri. “By the way—she really looks like you—”

 

“She may look kind of like a nerd—but I heard her vocals before, one word, amazing—” continued Taeyeon, “But the thing is, she seems to like to be alone than mixing up with the others—that’s why nobody really knows about her—”

 

Jessica just simply nodded. “I see—Ah anyway, let’s have a girls’ night later. Hae’s not gonna be home that early—so all of you might as well follow me back to my house to have dinner—”

 

“Alright—since all of us have nothing to do at night. We’ll definitely mess up your mansion—” said the girls playfully.

 

/

 

Some of the girls had already entered Taeyeon’s car, while Jessica, Yuri, Yoona and Tiffany were still walking towards the elevator. “We gotta be fast—it seems like they’ve waited for quite long already—” said Tiffany, pressing the elevator’s button.

 

A loud noise suddenly caught their attention. “I’m so sorry—” the girl kept apologizing, “Sorry—”

 

“Make sure you watch your steps next time, little girl.” The teenage boy pushed her away rudely.

 

Yuri gently nudged Jessica and whispered, “That’s the girl we were talking about—”

 

Jessica took a glimpse, and realized that the teenage girl seemed to have problem dealing with her things that scattered around the floor. Her music notes everywhere yet no one around her offered her any help.

 

“Let me help you—” said Jessica softly as she squatted down.

 

“Yah Sica—” Yuri slightly shouted as the elevator’s door had opened. She gave Tiffany an eye contact before the three of them stepped towards to help. “Thanks—sunbaenim—” The girl repeated.Is this really happening? SNSD sunbaenim are helping me now?

 

“Call us unnie will do—” Tiffany politely replied.

 

The girl glanced at her watch and murmured nervously under her breath. “What should I do now—” she questioned herself.

 

“We should go now Jessie—Taeyeon just called. She sounded pretty impatient—” interrupted Tiffany, slowly linked her arm to Jessica’s.

 

“Wait a moment—” she answered and faced towards the nerdy girl, “Anything? You look—anxious.”

 

“I—I missed my bus. My..my mum would be worried—” the girl’s voice, shaky.

 

“We’ll give you a ride—Follow us.”