Cucumber.

Back To December.

“Hello?” asked Jessica again, but she still wasn’t getting any reply. “If you’re not going to answer, I’m gonna hang up this call.” Soon, she placed her phone aside; she’d been receiving weird calls with unknown numbers recently, and the thing is after the person asked if it was her, he would just remained silent.

 

“Girls, you have 30 minutes to get ready from now!” Jessica heard her manager yelling from the outside. She got down from bed and rushed out. “What? I thought we’re still on our break.”

 

“Ya oppa. I thought we’ve no schedules these few days after the promotion?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“Did I say you guys have activities to attend? I’m here to bring you guys to the salon for makeovers.” answered their manager. “So go get dressed now.” As soon as the other girls were about to leave the living room, the manager held Jessica back.

 

“I supposed you’ve heard the rumors about the We Got Married thingy right? I’ve discussed with the PD—”

 

“Then? What’s the decision?”

 

“I’ve agreed to let you in. Is there any problem for you?”

 

“Wh—what? You’ve agreed?” She hit her forehead with her palm. “I thought you wouldn’t let me join because I’d just make the atmosphere weird!”

 

“It’s a good chance for you to gain your popularity and change what others think of you.”

 

“Do I really have to do this? Aish—”

 

“You guys will start to film the first episode next week.” Just as Jessica wanted to speak her mind, she held her breath, “Fine.”

/

 

Today is definitely the craziest day of my life. So early in the morning, I was being told that I might be on the show, and next, the manager said it’s already deal. And now..

 

With blonde hair?

 

/

 

“I love your blonde hair.”

 

Jessica and the girls were in their practice room, practicing their choreography when Jonghyun and the other boys came in. It’d been a week and the girls were all back to their schedules. “You look really great with it.” Jonghyun complimented Jessica again. There, they all could see Minho and Key elbowed him in his ribs as he grunted.

 

“Are you trying to express your feelings toward Sica?” asked Taeyeon, jokingly. “Of course she does look great with it. But why didn’t you compliment us? Don’t we look great too?” she laughed.

 

“Ani—” they all could see Jonghyun began to have the nervous look on. “I’m just—”

 

“Thank you.” Jessica interrupted and gave him the gorgeous smile, “You look great with that hairstyle too.”

 

“Sica unnie—are you ready for tomorrow’s….” asked Seohyun while her eyes got fixed at the other girls who were already laughing. “Oh. You mean the first recording of We Got Married?” added Sooyoung caustically who wasn’t stopping herself from chuckling.

 

“Stop reminding me about that!” yelled Jessica.

 

“We Got Married?” interrupted Jonghyun. “I thought it was just a rumor?” he asked bitterly. The others noticed his face expression as well, except Jessica. “Who’s her partner?”

 

“Big Bang’s G Dragon.” added Hyoyeon, the well-known fangirl of his. “The cutest one.”

 

“Oh—” he took a short pause, “Really? Hope you have fun.” he answered, a little knot formed in his stomach. He gazed at the floor and tried to avoid eye contacts with Jessica, since he thought he couldn’t handle the jealousy. Great. “Jonghyun ah—are you jealous?” asked Yuri. He quickly glanced up and at the moment he was going to answer, he saw everyone looking at him during the unpleasant silence. Right at the corner of his eyes, he saw Jessica was looking at his direction too. “Of course not.” Now, the pit in his stomach was as big as a bowling bowl. “I gotta continue practicing now. Bye!” he sped off the girls’ practice room with his friends chasing after him.

 

“Yah..Stop teasing him.” said Jessica. “Poor Jong. He kept being teased by you all—”

 

“He wouldn’t mind. He always disturbed us anyway.” answered Tiffany.

 

/

 

The girls all gathered at the apartment’s lobby and impatiently waited for Jessica to be back. When they saw the tired-looking-Jessica walked her way into the lobby, they all rushed towards her like little kids encircling the ice-cream-seller.

 

“Unnie unnie—how’s it? Is it fun?”

“Yah Sica ah—tell us!”

“Look at her face—I guess she screwed all things up.”

“Sica—speak!”

 

“Can you guys please—” finally Jessica spoke up, and pushed the girls a bit further, “let me clear up my mind? I’m just—ughhh!”

 

“Okay. I told you she was going to screw things up.” said Hyoyeon.

 

“Yah! We’ll talk about this later when we enter our dorm. It’s not a good thing to chat about it here.”

 

/

 

“WHAT??” yelled the girls once they heard Jessica’s story. “Why are you like that??”

 

“I know right—Oh man.” She lay on the couch and when she thought of what happened early this morning, she felt that her cheeks were burning due to embarrassment.

 

-Flashback-

 

“So..do you like cucumbers?” asked Jessica with a serious face while she was staring at GD.

 

“Wh…at?” he laughed. “Cucumbers?”

 

“Yeah—cucumbers.” She answered with a straight face.

 

“You’re….interesting.” He shook his head while he was laughing. “I kinda like it.”

 

“Oh—really? Ok. I don’t like it.” Jessica absolutely forgot this was going to air. “What about salmon?” This time, it wasn’t only GD who was laughing, even the staffs and cameraman too.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

“Yah you pabo!” said Sunny while she grinded her teeth and pushed Jessica’s head with her finger. “Why did you ask that?!”

 

“Aigoo Sica ah—”

 

“As expected—” Sooyoung said with a disgusted sigh. “You guys should have expected this.”

 

“And..” Jessica suddenly said out of a sudden.

 

“And what? Stop giving us heart attacks.” answered Yuri.

 

“We were asked to have some sweet moments in the kitchen—and so we decided to make some dishes then..”

 

-Flashback-

 

Jessica was looking at the recipe and was doing what it stated. She was the famous bad-cook among her friends, and asking her to cook was almost impossible. And now, she was concentrating right on the recipe and didn’t even notice GD was going to have a prank on her. He sliced the cucumber and threw it onto Jessica’s hand which led a high-pitched scream from her seconds later.

 

“Aish!” she pushed him hard. “I told you not to—” she pouted. “I’m sorry—are you mad?” GD chuckled as he saw her pouting lips for the first time. “Are you?” he softly poked Jessica’s arm and tried to cheer her up. When she saw Jessica still wasn’t responding, he danced the Genie’s choreography and wished she would be happy after she saw it. Surprisingly, he finally heard Jessica’s babyish giggle. “Ahh—stop that—”

 

-End of Flashback-

 

“Jung Soo Yeon, so you’re telling me that everything just went around with “cucumber”?” asked Taeyeon. “Don’t you have any other topic to chat?!”

 

Jessica sat back and said, “It—really seemed that way. Everything we did and talked..it did relate to cucumber. Ottoke!”

 

“We’re not going to watch when it’s aired next week.” said Yuri while pointing to Hyoyeon who sat beside her. “We don’t have the guts to watch. We’re afraid that we might end up punching you.” they said jokingly.

 

“But—to think another way round, they did have many skinships on the first day, didn’t they?” asked Yoona and Seohyun.

 

The whole thing about the freaking cucumber, it reminded me of you, Hae oppa. Everything the other guys did—first Jonghyun, and now, Jiyong.