You're just one of the girls.

Back To December.

It’d been a week and everyone noticed the chemistry between Donghae and Jessica began to “react”. Boys who loved Jessica were depressed—while the girls who adored Donghae were really envious.

 

“I heard the rumors between both of you—” Tiffany laughed while starting the point.

 

“Rumors? What rumors?” Jessica asked curiously.

 

“Oh come on! The whole school knows it.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Seriously, what rumors?”

 

“Ok fine! Since you act like you don’t know anything, we’ll tell you now. You arrived school late this morning right? So when the eight of us walked into the class, the whole class was eventually chatting about you and Donghae. They said—” Sooyoung paused and looked to the other seven girls, except Jessica.

 

“Donghae loves you!” screamed the eight girls.

 

“Goodness! Can’t you guys be quiet? We’re just friends!” Jessica glanced around and realized everyone was looking at their direction. As in most of the people in canteen who sat around them.

 

“I heard my name—” Donghae’s sudden appearance shocked the girls.

 

“Did you just creep all your way here? We didn’t even know you’re at the canteen too.” said Hyoyeon.

 

“Nope. Anyway, hello.” Donghae took a seat beside Jessica while placing his food on the table.

 

“Hey—”

 

“Wooooooooooo.” The girls teased both of them who were like love birds..who just began to fall in love.

 

“What? Stop teasing!” Jessica pouted. She then looked around the table and asked, “I thought I asked you to buy me a bottle of Coke!” she pointed at Yuri.

 

“Yah! You didn’t!”

 

“Let me handle this. Just a minute.” Donghae volunteered. The girls could see him dashing towards the drink stall and his brownish hair just kind of “flew” perfectly.

 

“Wow unnie—he cares much about you.” Yoona giggled.

 

“You want Coke? Here’s a large bottle of Coke for you.” They heard a unfamiliar voice. Jessica turned her body back and tilted her head up, without any chance to response, she could feel the large bottle of Coke spilling all over her, from her hair then to the whole set of uniform.

 

“What are you doing!” screamed the eight girls while rushing towards Jessica to check whether she’s alright.

 

“Did we do anything?” The girl asked her friends. “Nope—” they answered with wicked smiles. “I’m just here to warn you to stay away from Donghae oppa. So you think you suit him, huh.”

 

“It’s none of your business!” Yuri pushed the depraved girl away.

 

“We’re just friends.” Jessica coldly replied as she wiped away the sweet liquid over her face.

 

“Friends? Am I like a 3-year-old girl to you? Just because that you’re popular and gorgeous, it doesn’t mean that I’m afraid of you.” still, the girl answered her without a sense of guilt.

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung couldn’t keep her anger either. “What’s wrong with you! We didn’t do anything wrong to you.”

 

The girl ran a hand through her hair and flashed a nasty smile. She turned Jessica shoulder to make her face her, then she crossed her arms and began to question her like Jessica’s a criminal.

 

“Let me guess—he took you for a horseback riding? Offered to send you home and did everything like you’re his girlfriend? Knowing him,  it’s not the first time for him to do that though.”

 

It’s not the first time.

 

Jessica blinked, “What?” She couldn’t mask her surprise. Did she mean that I’m just one of the girls he’s playing?

 

“That’s his first step when he starts getting to know a girl. I was one of the girls before.”

 

One of the girls. It’s not the first time. First step when he starts getting to know a girl.

 

Jessica stared at her in disbelief, and starting to feel the world around her suddenly begin to narrow. She felt the blood drain from her face, reminded herself that Donghae wasn’t like how she described and wasn’t like the guys that tried to date her before. But the words just couldn’t get out of her mind and kept echoing—

 

“Sorry for keeping you guys—waiting.” He stopped and immediately, his eyes were widened. He pushed the villain girls who blocked her way and held tight on Jessica’s shivering shoulder.

 

“What’s wrong with you Sica? Who did this?” he sounded angry. “Answer me!” Jessica remained silent, as teardrops slowly formed and fell from her eyes, quietly.

 

Seohyun innocently pointed a finger on the villains. He shifted back. Now he knows what happened. “Why did you do this? I’m asking why did you do this to her!” Donghae scremed on her face.

 

“Oppa—don’t you think she doesn’t suit you and—” the girl answered in fear.

 

“Be quiet. You don’t even have the rights to judge who I love after you’ve cheated on me. We broke up, remember? We broke up months ago!” yelled Donghae.

 

Out of a sudden, Jessica got ahead and stood in front of Donghae. “Why are you doing this? I believed you—” she sobbed and tried to push through the crowd and ran to the class. “Sica!”

 

“I warn you. Stop all the flirty acts. Stay away from Sica!” Hyoyeon looked and Donghae and led the girls back to the class.

 

“Now you get what you want—satisfied?” inquired Donghae to his ex. At that distance, he stomped off with a big disappointment on his face, and left the girl with awkwardness and embarrassment, alone.