Your purpose

Back To December.

“Sica?” No one. Donghae had been searching for her everywhere that he could think she would be at—kitchen, living room, their bedroom, Jaiden’s room; but he found no one. When he prepared to ask the maids at the hallway; Jaiden’s playroom’s light suddenly got . Out of curiosity, he motioned towards that direction to make sure if Jessica was there. 

 

Donghae knocked on the door to get her attention when she was trying to tidy up the mess that Jaiden created. “You’re back—” She said weakly and reached out for an elastic band from the table to tie her hair up into a ponytail. She stood up from her squatting position and moved towards him. “I’ve left some dinner for you—Do you want me to warm it up?”

 

“Or do you want to have a shower first?” She questioned; loosening his tie. She didn’t ask why he came home late; she didn’t ask why didn’t he call to inform whether he would come back for dinner—she didn’t ask the reason why he cancelled the lunch date. Donghae knew she was feeling down in the dumps; yet she wasn’t complaining anything. His eyes got teary without any reason; and he got this fear that he wouldn’t feel being cared by someone like her anymore.

 

“Are you okay?” She quickly wiped away his tears before they fell down his cheeks, “You had a bad day, hadn’t you?” Without words; he hugged her with his all strength and wrapped her under his arms. She was quite surprised by his sudden action, “Hae..?”

 

“Shh—” He whispered; “Please—stay like this for a minute.”

 

For two minutes; they stayed in the same position. Silence. They could even feel each other’s heart’s thumps. Jessica rubbed his back to sooth him and slowly retraced back; “Feeling any better now?”

 

Donghae nodded, “Much better.”

 

She pinched his nose bridge and asked, “Sometimes I even think that you’re more babyish than our boy—” She smiled dazzlingly that warmed him up, “Go get yourself ready for bed—you kind of stink.” She said jokingly.

 

“You still like that scent, don’t you? I know that.”

 

“Eww. No!"

 

/

 

“Hae, wake up.” Donghae’s mother kept nudging him since she’d reached his room until he did a little move. “Wake up now.” She warned, “I have a serious matter to talk with you.”

 

He opened his eyes bit by bit; still sounding sleepy at the moment. “Mum?” He turned his head to the left and noticed Jessica wasn’t beside her. “Don’t be so shocked; she isn’t lost. I met her in the garage just now and she informed that she needed to leave early for a photo shoot.”

 

Donghae got himself into an upright position from lying; sitting right beside her. He let out a yawn and tapped his face to keep himself awake; “What brings you here this early?” He stopped, “I remember I did pass you all the files you needed yesterday.”

 

“Do you really not know the main reason I came all the way here?” His mum still wasn’t giving him a smile; and he knew he was definitely in trouble.

 

“Uhh..should I know?”

 

His mum sighed, “Where have you been last night?”

 

“Home?”

 

“Who have you been with for dinner?”

 

Oops.

 

He stuttered, “Uhh—a friend from London. She just came back a day before yesterday. So I brought her out for dinner."

 

“It's her isn't it? Son Eunseo."She handed him a few pictures as his smile slowly faded. His eyes went wider than they were before; “Where did you get this?” He sounded anxious; and was absolutely awake. “Why do you have this?”

 

“You should be questioning yourself, Hae.” She tapped his shoulder, “Somebody put it in the mailbox this morning. I've checked with the securityand it was a guy covered up, dropping this off."He stared at those pictures in disbelief, “You’re a celebrity’s husband. You should be more careful on whom you’re going out with; what are you doing. You know the medias have many things to write on, don’t you?”

 

“But, trust me mum—I didn’t..”

 

“I trust you. But that’s not enough. Don’t make Jessie lose trust in you, okay?”

 

He nodded, still eyeing on the pictures in his hands. “Anyway—I have to go, see you around the office.” As soon as his mum stepped out of his room, he crumpled the pictures and tossed it into the bin nearby. Pictures of her and him taken in front of the hotel’s lobby.

 

Son Eunseo.

 

/

 

“Oh..Hi Donghae.” Eunseo greeted politely as soon as she found out he was standing right in front of her room. “Can I come in?” He asked and got a ‘yes’ back right after.

 

“How did you know what room number I’m staying at?” She poured him a glass of water and waited for his response.

 

“I asked.” He replied coolly, “Did you set this all up?” He was emotionless, losing all his patience on having an answer back. “What’s the main purpose you came back?”

 

She put on an innocent look which made him sick. “Hae—”

 

“Don’t call me that; you’re not even close to me!”

 

/

 

Why aren’t you picking up the calls Hae?

Are you okay? It’s the 10th time I’ve called.

Just wanna tell you that I’m with my girls now at the dorm. Where are you now?

Hae, please reply when you’re free. Bye.

 

Jessica reread the messages that she sent to Donghae for the past hours. She’d done calling; texting, every way to reach him but she couldn’t. Sooyoung entered the room with a hair towel wrapped around her head and sighed before she spoke, “He’s still not replying?”

 

“Not even a single reply.” Jessica then threw her phone in the middle of the bed and lied flat down, massaging her head temple. “I don’t even know what keeps him so busy.”

 

“Aren’t businessmen all like that?” Sooyoung sat in front of the mirror and looked at Jessica’s reflection, “Are you not afraid?”

 

“Afraid? Afraid of what?”

 

“I mean..Donghae oppa is a busy man, right?”

 

“Yeah, then?”

 

“Aren’t you afraid that he has—” Sooyoung stopped. What are you even thinking? “Nothing.”

 

“No, seriously. Afraid of what?” Jessica replied blankly as she checked on her phone once again. “Yah Choi Sooyoung! Are you listening to me?”

 

“I said nothing. Forget about it!”

 

Afraid that he might not be….loyal to you.