The point.

Back To December.

“Reached—” Donghae parked his car at the apartment’s parking lot and tilted his head to Jessica’s direction. “I had fun today—” he grinned. Right then, GD actually walked pass them but he didn’t realize Jessica was in the car since he was focusing on his phone, and neither Jessica and Donghae noticed that.

 

“Me too—” smiled Jessica. “About….I mean—”

 

“I know what are you gonna say—I’ll wait—” said Donghae while patting her shoulder. “I’ll walk you to the lobby okay? It’s late and it’s dangerous—”

 

“I can walk by myself—it’s not like I’m a little girl.” replied Jessica.

 

“See—you’re back to the stubborn one again.” Jessica pouted as Donghae softly pinched her nose, “My mischievous princess—Can’t imagine how’s my life gonna be next time—” he smirked.

 

“Why?”

 

“Sure I’ve got no ideas when it comes to you—”

 

While heading towards the lobby, they remained silent, while sweetness began to fulfill the air as Donghae held her tiny hand and put it into his sweater’s pocket without looking at her. “It’s cold—” he said it as his excuse. Jessica just chuckled as a reaction.

 

“Ah—why is the distance so short? I haven’t had enough time with you—” He slowly released Jessica’s hand and hesitated. “Anyway—sleep tight—”, he said softly.

 

A car passed by and broke the spell. She took a step forward, but then she stopped and put her hand on Donghae’s arm. In an angelic gesticulation, she kissed him on the cheek. It was almost amorous, but her lips were cottony and the scent of Jessica engulfed him.

 

“I really had a good time—” murmured Jessica. “I don’t think I’ll forget everything that happened today.” Donghae felt her hand leaving his arm, and a whisper she vanished; she retreated up another few steps of stairs and reached the lift.

 

/

 

“Finally you’re coming back huh!” yelled Tiffany as she ran towards Jessica and hugged her. “What makes you that happy?” asked Jessica with a smile on her face, she couldn’t hide her feelings either.

 

Tiffany pulled back and studied her, “What actually happened this whole afternoon?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Normally if I hug you out of a sudden, you’ll just push me away cruelly. But today—it’s different.”

 

“Yah—when was I cruel? Tonight’s just—” Jessica blushed.

 

“Because someone’s in love!” added Yuri as she walked towards their way with a plate of fruits. “Eat this—” she offered the both girls. But nothing was gonna turn her curiosity down, “So how was it?”

 

“Ah—I was back not more than 5 minutes and you guys are already flooding me with questions—” she used her aegyo, attempting to avoid the questions. Jessica, you aren’t going anywhere. She could see this line spreading over the girls’ eyes. “Fine—at least let me take a bath.” She broke the hug and went straight into the bathroom. “You’re done—Jessie.” she inhaled.

 

/

 

Once she stepped out from the bathroom with a ponytail, she glanced around and was struck with the abnormal silence in the surrounding. The girls would normally make noises, never kept the house that quiet before. “They’re already in their own room?” she questioned herself. Then, she turned her room’s knob and entered her room, glaring at the ground. She was relieved that she wouldn’t be annoyed by the questions. Just she thought she was out of the trouble, yet, she wasn’t.

 

“Yah—what takes you so long? You took 30 minutes to bath?” asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica’s eye gone wide, the whole bunch of girls in her room, right there. Some of them were lying down on the bed, some of them were sitting on the couch, and some were even sitting on the floor. “It’s time—sit down.” demanded the girls.

 

“I knew this is gonna happen—” Jessica sighed. “What do you guys want to know about? Each person was only allowed to ask one question.”

 

“Yah—that’s unfair!” yelled Sunny.

 

“Then, pull it off—” she took her boaster and leaned against the wall.

 

“Ok, fine! Start with Taeyeon first.” exclaimed Sunny.

 

“Where did you guys go this afternoon?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“School and beach.”

 

“School? What?” asked Sunny with a loud voice.

 

“Yes.” She answered coldly.

 

“Why on earth—” Sunny’s words were cut off by Jessica. “My bunny, your turn is over! Ok, next. Make it quick! I’m sleepy right now—”

 

“He did that just to make you regain the memories back?” asked Tiffany in English. Whenever she conversed with Jessica, she used that language as it’s more comfortable.

 

“Yah—speak Korean!” screamed Hyoyeon. The room was seriously like ongoing extreme sound pollution.

 

“Yeah—sounded quite insane right?” answered Jessica.

 

“What did Fany ask you just now?” asked Hyoyeon. Her question made Jessica cracked up as Tiffany was trying to explain to her, “Yah pabo! You’ve just wasted your question!” wailed Sooyoung.

 

“Did he kiss you?” Yuri took her turn to ask.

 

“Yes—he did.”

 

“Do you love it?” asked Sooyoung. “Yah! You also asked stupid question!” yelped Hyoyeon who sat beside Jessica. The duo liked to argue jokingly.

 

Jessica smirked at her friends who always brought the girls fun, “Yes—”

 

“You—are back with him already, right, unnie?” now, the second maknae really got to the point.

 

Jessica stayed quiet for a while before answering Yoona, “Yes—I think that’s the way we’re now.”

 

“Sica unnie—” the innocent voice of the maknae Seohyun appeared which caused the atmosphere gone really calm and serious, “how about—Jiyong oppa?” she inquired. That’s itt. The other girls turned their heads to Jessica, examining her expression. The laugh and smirks that she had minutes ago slowly tuckered out. “Did I ask that I wasn’t supposed to? Sorry unnie—” she anxiously apologized and blamed herself. “Really sorry—”

 

“It’s not your fault, Hyun—about your question—my answer is, I don’t know. I need to find an opportunity to explain all things to him—I need to make the best explanation.” she answered. “It isn’t that easy—”

 

“Truth hurts, Sica—” said Taeyeon while patting her laps. “Girls—let’s return to our own room, she needs rest now.” the leader demanded, she knew Jessica too well and adverted that she needed space at that moment. “Neh—”

 

While the others already exited the room, Taeyeon turned over and whispered, “Jiyong oppa came just now—but after a while he left. He said he couldn’t reach you the whole afternoon, and—he asked us to pass you a message.”

 

“What message?”

 

“He said he misses you, and asked you to call him right after you’re home. We all could sense that he’s very worried about you, Sica. Anyway—don’t think too much, alright? Have a good sleep. Goodnight—”

 

“Night, Tae—”

 

She plugged in the charger and on her phone, there she saw 10 missed calls, and messages. All of it was from GD.

 

“Hey baby, are you alright? The call was suddenly hung and I couldn’t reach you.”

“Sica ah—call me back okay? You left me worried!”

“I just finished my schedule..All I thought was only you, so my y girl, call me back, or at least text me, okay?”

“I just went to your dorm. Tiffany told me that your phone was out of battery. That made me quite relieved. But it’s already this late, why aren’t you home yet? I’m still waiting for you call!”

“Hey Sica. Are you home yet? If you’re still not, I’m going to be real mad at you!”

 

I’m really sorry, oppa.

 

She took her phone and replied the messages, “Hey oppa, I’m already back, and still charging my phone, I’m sorry that I left you worried—there won’t be a next time—anyway it’s really late now, hope you take enough rest! Goodnight oppa—”

 

Within seconds, she received his super quick reply, “Finally you replied me huh, y. Do you want me to call you now?”

 

“It’s okay oppa. I’m—a little tired now..Goodnight and sleep tight okay?”

 

“Ahh..arraso. Goodnight babe! I love you!”

 

After his reply, she hid herself in the comfort blanket and attributed herself. “Jessica Jung. Now, you’re just like a bad girl from the dramas.” She drew in a deep breath and whispered, “I’m sorry oppa—I just can’t say that I love you—it’ll just—hurt you more.”