My Name is Yoon Doojoon

You are Mine

---Yoseob POV

A silence fell among the crowd as myself, Kikwang, and Hyunseung stood up to address the pets. Hyunseung stood between Kikwang and I, his presence looming like a dark cloud for the pets. I scanned the pets, looking for him. The one I had already chosen. Where was he? I couldn't find him. I spared a glance to Hyunseung, who I noticed was scanning the pets as well, his eyes lingering for a second longer than they had to on a blue haired boy.

That was when I saw him.

He stood close by the blue haired boy. Confidence radiated in waves from him. Is that what happened to you when you were told you were the best? It never happened to Hyunseung. I never felt confidence in him. But even standing here, a hundred feet above them, I could tell that he was confident. Maybe even a little arrogant. It didn't matter either way to me. I looked him up and down once, taking in the toned muscles and the strong features of his face. He was, in a word, handsome. I could feel a little bit of color rising to my cheeks. I dropped my eyes to my necklace, fiddling with the two rings on it. Luckily, I didn't have to endure any more misery as Hyunseung decided to speak right then.

"Welcome. All of you. To the tenth annual skills competition, more commonly referred to as 'The Harvesting.'" The crowd's attention stayed on my friend beside me. They all eagerly awaited his next words. A smirk found a way on my lips, as I turned my attention back to the pets. I scanned the faces once more, making sure to avoid the brown-haired boy I had already chosen. None of the caught my interest, but there was one with platinum blonde hair that seemed to hold potential. I immediately regretted thinking so, for I knew that was the one Kikwang had told me earlier he had wanted. "'The Harvesting'  is hosted annually. It keeps the long-fought order we wanted in our society. The owners of the middle and upper classes are assigned a pet from the lower classes. The pets are trained from birth to be whatever their owner needs them to be. A pet is forever in the owner's debt and care until the owner dies or the pet is deemed worthy enough to be put into the middle class. However, it seldom happens a pet is allowed out of their class."

Murmurs of agreement were heard throughout the crowd. I nodded my head as well, agreeing with my friend. "There are one hundred pets today, but only ninety owners have come of age. I trust all you pets will try your hardest to be chosen today, because if you aren't chosen, you know what happens." Hyunseung paused, allowing the gravity of the consequences to sink into the minds of the pets. Of course they knew what happened. They were executed on the spot for being unworthy. "As you know, these punishments happen for the greater good of our society. No one wants to kill another being. We must keep these traditions held high, however. Thus is the way of our society." Hyunseung lifted one hand in the air, a small, sad smile forming on his face. "I, Jang Hyunseung, welcome you all to the tenth annual Harvesting. Let the games begin."

A roar erupted from the crowd, Hyunseung turning his back on them and sitting down, crossing one leg over the other.  Kikwang followed, glancing in my direction and signaling towards the chair behind me. I simply waved him off, looking across the crowd. Pets and owners alike sat in the stands, both cheering at the competition that was to begin. I sighed, closing my eyes and returned to my seat. Leaning my head back, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Are you okay Yoseob-ah? If you aren't feeling well, tell me. Alright?" I opened my eyes to see Hyunseung, full of concern, looking my way. The facade he put on during his speech had dropped, revealing the Hyung I knew and loved underneath. I simply nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Thanks for your concern, hyung." He nodded back and returned his attention to the games below.

Pet after pet went through. None of interest. However I noticed one named Lee Joon caught the interest of Kim Hyuna, a fellow owner, who sat a fet chairs away from me. 

Tch. Typical. Going for the Handsome one.

Another pet went through. And another. I gripped the arms of my chair, waiting for him. Where was he? A pet had just finished showing their skills off, theirs being in hand-to-hand combat and in knive throwing. Not him though.

Where was he?

---Doojoon POV

"Yoon Doojoon, please step forward. It is your turn."

I turned to catch one last glance at Junhyung and Dongwoon. Dongwoon gave me a thumbs up and whispered "Fighting!" and Junhyung simply grunted. I got the message anyways. I walked out into the center of the ring, looking to the crowd of people. I glanced up to the owners, and noticed I'd gotten the attention of the one called Yang Yoseob. I smirked, knowing I would have a good life if I didn't screw up. Clearing my throat, my voice rang out loud through the audience, everyone turning their attention to me.

"My name is Yoon Doojoon."

 

a/n: Aish. y chapter is y. >.<' Sorry if this chapter was really boring~ Please anticipate the next one though, alright? ^^ Thank you for all your subscriptions and comments~!! <33