Photos

You are Mine

---Doojoon POV

Trying my absolute best to not make a sound, I let the door close behind me as I entered the house. I slowly entered the living room, leaving my shoes by the door. Sounds were heard from the kitchen, and opening the door to the kitchen revealed my baby-faced boyfriend trying to make food with one broken arm. He was deep in concentration, his eyebrows knit tightly together over his eyes as he looked on at the cookbook in front of him. A pot on the stove was filled with water and boiling, different pastas strewn about the kitchen. I slowly crossed the floor until I was behind Yoseob and I s my arms around his back, nuzzling my chin  into his shoulder. I felt him relax slowly into my embrace, his broken arm's cast resting over my hand.

"You're back." The way he stated it wasn't a question.

"Mm." I murmured into his neck, on a piece of skin that was exposed their. Yoseob shooed me away from his neck, pouting up at me as I smirked down at him.

"Aniyo, Joonie." He complained. returning his attention to the cookbook in front of him. "So?" He finally asked after a minute of standing their in silence. "How was Dongwoon-ah and Kiki?" I waited a moment, remembering my visit to the two I'd just returned from.

"Kikwang's doing fine. He wasn't hurt by Key, Jonghyun, or Jiyong... But Dongwoon..." I let my voice trail off, not wanting to continue my statement. Yoseob simply nodded, understanding that it'd take a little while for Dongwoon to get back to his normal self.

"He still hasn't spoken a word yet, has he?" Yoseob whispered, turning around in my embrace and tangling his hand that wasn't in a cast in my shirt. I tightened my grip on him in response, and in turn I felt the younger boy's shoulders begin to shake as he wept for our mute friend. "I-I don't understand what's wrong... Dongwoon-ah... He was always so kind to everyone, even if he sometimes got a little arrogant for his own good. He always protected Kikwang with all of his heart, and I'm almost certain Dongwoon's fallen for Kikwang as well... But he hasn't spoken a word since the incident happened." I felt Yoseob's grip on my shirt tighten as he continued to cry into me. "I'm scared, Doojoon... Scared because he won't, he refuses to talk to us. Is there like some mental block? I want to help him but I just can't."

"And that's the worst part about it, huh?" I murmured, resting my chin on Yoseob's head. "We can't help him. We're just friends. In esscence, we're just outsider looking in, spectators of Dongwoon's world. He won't drag us into his own personal hell. He's too nice of a person to do that to anyone. No, Dongwoon's going to face all of this on his own. And we can't help him. No matter what we say or do, we just can't. And that's what hurts the most about it all." As I spoke, I could feel the sobs continuing to rack Yoseob's small body, realization hitting him as I spoke. He let go of my shirt and wrapped his arms around my waist. I let him stand there and cry. Cry for all the words Dongwoon wouldn't be able to say. Cry for all the pain that Kikwang must face each day. Cry for all the that's gone down in his life. Cry for those who don't cry for themselves. I couldn't bring myself to cry, so I stood there silent as Yoseob did.

I stood there silent as Yoseob cried for me.

---Dongwoon POV

The faded moonlight shone through the blinds as I sat in the darkness. It illuminated my dreary room, the memories and the pain of that night flooding back, crowding my mind and taking me over. I felt my hands grow clammy as I continued to relive that day, over and over again. I felt my body begin to shake. I fell out of the chair I sat in onto my knees, holding my face in my hand and opening my mouth to scream, but no words came out. Crawling on the floor to the mirror I'd shattered earlier that day, I saw only a ghost looking back at me. A ghost with my face. A ghost that'd had long forgotten how to speak. The lifeless eyes pried into me, imploring me to spill all my secrets. The image of the ghost in the mirror opened its mouth to scream, but the sound was lost, no sound at all heard. I lifted my hand and grabbed the shard of the mirror, holding it to my wrist and I clenched my eyes, wanting the memories to fade.

"Dongwoon!" Even in my haze, I heard Kikwang's voice over all the noises in my head. He dropped the tray of food that he'd been holding in his hands seconds earlier and crouched over to me. His gentle hand wiped away tears I didn't know had found their way down my face, his eyes full of concern as he gazed at me. His other hand cupped the hand of mine that had been holding the shard of the mirror, prying away my fingers one by one as he removed the shard of the mirror from my fingers. He tossed the shard away, forgotten, and pulled me in his embrace. I was frozen in a time far away from here, a time before it all happened. I felt him gather me into his arms as he carried me into my bed, bringing the covers up over me. I knew I was still crying, as Kikwang reached out a finger to catch a tear that'd found its way down my cheek. "Shhhh..." He murmured softly, carassing my cheek. "Sleep Dongwoon-ah... I'll feed you when you wake up, alright?"

I watched as Kikwang removed his hand from my face and walked over to the shattered mirror and began to slowly collect the pieces. The careful way that Kikwang cradled the pieces in his hand reminded me of how he had tried to pick up the broken pieces of me. But my edges were too sharp, too coarse for anyone too touch. Despite all this, Kikwang still tried to touch the broken pieces of me, tried to find the pieces that fit together perfectly once more.

He tried but failed, getting hurt along the way.

Kikwang stood up from his crouching position he'd gotten into to pick up the pieces and walked over to the tray of spilled food. He tenderly placed the pieces onto the tray as he gathered the spilled glass of milk. A napkin appeared from his pocket as he wiped the milk from the floor, softly placing the napkin onto the tray as well. Picking up the sandwhich and the salad came next, and finally Kikwang placed the shattered plate onto the tray. He balanced all the items on the tray as He stood up once more. Kikwang turned to me, flashing me the sad smile he'd worn ever since I stopped talking. I watched as he opened the door, slowly closing it behind him, leaving me once again to my own thoughts, my own worst enemy my only company. I stayed awake as long as possible, but sleep eventually overcame me, taking me to the only place I was happy anymore.

---Kikwang POV

I don't know how long I stood outside of Dongwoon's room, hoping to hear him make some sort of noise after I left. I realized he was finally asleep after standing there forever, and let out a sigh. Leaning the tray onto my hip, I walked to the other side of Dongwoon's apartment to the room where his kitchenette was. Both mine and his apartment's had one of these. I placed the tray down into the sink, carefully grabbing the scattered pieces of the mirror and dumping them into the trash can, watching as they glittered as they fell down into the trash can. I sighed, doing the same to the broken plate and began to wash the dishes in the tray.

The sound of my phone going off pulled me out of the trance I'd been in as I was washing the dishes. I turned off the sink, drying my hands as I looked at the caller id. "Private Number" flashed on the screen, and I drew my face into a frown as I answered the phone. "Yoboseyo?" I called into the phone. A dial tone answered me on the other side. Pulling my phone away from my ear, I pulled my shoulders up into a shrug, throwing the phone back onto the kitchen counter. I grabbed my iPod, stuffing the earphones into my ears and playing the last hits that came from the 2010s.

I'd just finished washing the dishes when I heard a knocking on the door. Funny. I don't remember inviting anyone over. I turned my iPod off, wiping my hands off again as the knocking continued. I yelled out at the knocker, telling him to hold on for one second. I shuffled over to the door, placing my hand on the doorknob as the stopping suddenly ceased. A shiver ran through my spine as I turned the knob, flinging open the door to reveal an empty space. "Yah! Who the hell is there?!" I shouted, knowing no one was able to get up to the penthouse unless I buzzed them off. I let out a sigh of frustration, slamming the door behind me and turning on my heel.

A rustling came from outside the window, and decided I wasn't going to want to take anymore chances. I reached into the cabinet, pulling out a knife and gripping it firmly between my fingers. I slowly shuffled across the polished floor, the rustling continuing outside of the window. The blinds were drawn taut, whatever that was making the noise not visible due to the blinds blocking the view. Taking a shaky breath, I reached out a hand and threw the blinds back, holding the knife out denfensively in front of me as I did so. The only thing making a noise outside was a tree scraping against the window.

I let out a shout of frustration, throwing the knife on the ground in anger. Since when had I been so paranoid? I even freaked out when Doojoon had come earlier, fearing he would harm Dongwoon. Holding my head in my hands, I shuffled over to the couch and let myself sink down on it. A cold sweat formed on my brow as I heard the rustling again outside. My phone began to ring once more, the sound echoing throughout the otherwise silent apartment. Knocking came from the door again, and I shoved my hands over my ears, knowing I'd finally gone off the deep end.

"Shut up!"

The ringing of the phone.

"Shut up!"

The knocking on the door.

"Shut up!"

The rustling outside the window.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I cried, bringing my knees to my chest as sobs racked my body, the noises invading my head. I wanted to get them out. I didn't want to hear the voices anymore. I didn't want to hear anything anymore. I didn't want to hear any noises anymore until Dongwoon decided to speak again. The ringing grew louder, the knocking grew louder, the rustling grew louder. Everything grew louder. Everything, everything grew louder. Everything except for the voice I wanted to hear grew louder. Everything.

And then the noises stopped.

Everything grew silent.

Too silent.

I sat still for a minute.

Two.

Three.

I finally found the strength to move, the silence stretching out through the house. Not wanting to see the window or my phone, I walked over to the door, letting my hand linger on the doorknob before I slowly opened the door. Once again, the hallway was empty, except this time there was a small envelope on the ground. Checking to make sure no one was down the hallway, I bent over and collected the envelope, taking it into the now-silent apartment. An eerie feeling came over me as I placed the envelope on the table, noticing it contained no return address, only addressed to "One of the Three." I skimmed my fingers over the envelope, shivering as I touched it. Gently taking the envelope between my fingers, I flipped it over, deciding I would open it.

I never would've guessed what was inside.

Photos.

Of that night.

The night Dongwoon stopped speaking.

A shiver ran down my spine, the silence broken by a blood-curddling scream coming from Dongwoon's room.

 

a/n: Finally was able to update this fic. ^^; Hopefully all my lovely readers enjoyed this update~!Thank you all so much for your comments~! I love you all so much. You all are my inspiration for writing. Truly, thank you all. <3 I love you.