The Blood Runs Red

You are Mine

---Dongwoon POV

We watched as Junhyung walked back to the way of the university. I sighed once he was out of view, turning to face Doojoon, my eyes wide and sad.

“Hyung… Do you think Junhyung will ever like Hyunseung-hyung?”

Doojoon nodded, his attention turning to me. “Junhyung has always been strange. Remember when he first arrived at the compound? We were in the middle of our poisons class when we heard the screaming. He was put into solitary confinement for a year. Once he was brought out, he was a broken soul, Dongwoon-ah. It took him a year to trust us, Dongwoon. We have to remember he needs time. Junhyung will eventually learn to accept Hyunseung into his heart, no matter how small his heart may be.”

“B-But Hyung…” Doojoon clasped a hand over my mouth, to prevent me from talking any further.

“No buts Dongwoon.”

We said our goodbyes, because Yoseob had called Doojoon asking him to come home. I strolled through the center of town, looking at the happy families that we laughing, without a care in the world. A few of the young kids stopped to stare at me. The parents of them pulled them away quickly, as if I had some sort of disease or something. I let out a sigh, noticing a family sitting on the edge of a fountain. The little girl laughed as her father told a story, her mother’s face in a playful scowl.

My family used to be that happy.

I shook my head, getting the thoughts out of it. I never wanted to remember my parents. They sold me. They sold their only child, only so they could have a better life. I quickened my pace, exiting the town center and back onto the outskirts. The apartment Kikwang owned the top floor of was a few blocks away. I could see it towering over the trees. I fumbled around my pockets for the key for it, my footsteps echoing through the night. The laughter from the town followed me as I reached the apartment. I walked into the lower level, the elevator opening and a couple stepping out of it. I slipped into the elevator, punching the number in for the top floor. I sighed as the doors closed, and exited to the top floor.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw the small pile of letters in front of my doorstep. Kikwang left a sticky note on the top, saying they were all addressed to me. I bent over, scooping the letters up and feeling my heart drop. I felt the letters slip from my grip as I crumbled to my knees.

Why did they want to contact me again? What did they want with me? I had finally found some resemblance of happiness before they contacted me again. Did they really think they could ruin that?

A tear escaped my eyes, slowly leaving a trail on my cheek. Another one fell, dropping onto the letters scattered around me. I covered my mouth, sniffling as another one fell. I soon became a sobbing mess, my head on the floor as I cried my heart out. I cried for all the times I was happy with my parents. I cried for all the times I was happy with my hyungs. I cried because I had nothing else I could do but cry. I wanted to be strong. I didn’t want my parents to have this much effect on me. I heard the elevator ding, and the dropping of items.

“Dongwoon. What’s wrong?” Kikwang’s voice floated to my ears as he sank to his knees next to me.

I opened my mouth to reply but no words came out.

Two strong arms wrapped around me, and I felt my sobbing become harder.

Kikwang didn’t say anything. He let my cry into his shoulder, my tears soaking through his shirt.

He just held me and let me cry.

Kikwang, is it alright if I fall for you?

---Doojoon POV

I walked to the street that would lead me to Yoseob’s house. I felt a smile creeping onto my face as I thought of how cute he sounded over the phone. He had complained that he was almost done making dinner and made enough for me, so I better get my home or else he wouldn’t speak to me for a week. I arrived at his house, taking my shoes off at the entrance. I entered the home, hearing the television and the smell of food hit me almost immediately. I tip-toed into the kitchen, Yoseob intent on the food in front of him.

“Stupid Doojoon. Where is he anyways? He never even told me he was going to skip school today. Hyunseung-hyung had to tell me. Stupid Doojoon.” His mumblings reached my ears, my smile changing into a pout.

“Yah! Yoseob. Who’s stupid again?”

Yoseob jumped at the sound of my voice, his body turning to face me. His face was flushed bright red, his mouth hanging open. He sputtered something unintelligible, his face turning redder by the second. A laugh escaped my mouth, causing him to turn even redder, if that was possible. He looked like he was about to explode. I felt some tears forming at the corners of my eyes, and I soon doubled over in pain at my laughter.

“M-mianhe, Yoseobie.” I managed to squeak out, groaning at the pain that had formed in my sides from laughing too hard. Another giggle escaped my lips as I looked up at him once more.

“Y-yah! Where have you been? Why the crap didn’t you text me you were going out with Junhyung and Dongwoon? I had to ask Hyunseung where you were. I’m your owner, aren’t I? At least tell me when you’re skipping school.” His voice started out loud, but turned into a mumble by the end of it. I sighed, getting to my feet and wrapping my arms around the smaller boy. “Y-yah! Who do you think you’re hugging?”

“Mianhe.” I whispered into his hair, my words quiet.

“I-it’s okay. Now let go, Doojoon. I need to finish making dinner.”

I nodded and released him, walking to the cabinet and taking out two plates and two glasses, filling the glasses up with water. Yoseob scooped the food, chicken parmesan with spaghetti, onto the two plates, and I carried them out to the dining room table. Yoseob eagerly devoured his food. I noticed him eyeing the remainder of the food I didn’t eat, and I pushed it over to him, and he smiled his thanks. I smiled at the younger boy, happy to see him happily eating his food.

We sat on the couch, watching a drama called “Shut Up Flower Boy Band” for an hour or so. Yoseob talked to me during commercial breaks, his little face happy whenever I looked his way while watching the drama. When the episode we were watching was over, we both reached for the remote. Yoseob shot a glare at me.

“Yah. Yoon Doojoon. Let me choose what we watch next.”

I shook my head no, taking the remote from his little hand and changing the channel.

“Yoon Doojoon!!!” He yelled, tackling me to the ground, his face set into a pout. “You chose the last drama. I get to choose this one.” We wrestled on the ground for a little while, and I ended up on top of him, my eyes mischievous as I leaned down closer to his face. His face turned a pink color as I got closer to him, a smirk forming on my face.

“YANG YOSEOB.” A voice pulled us out of our trance as we turned our heads to a man in a business suit, standing at the entrance of Yoseob’s house.

“A-abeoji?!”

---Junhyung POV

My fist connected with the face of the one with the nasally voice. I heard the crack of bone as he was knocked down, my eyes blazing. I felt a fist connect with my stomach, the other one knocking the wind out of my. I reached for a pencil from the teacher’s desk, scratching it down his face, a scream escaping his lips. He fell to his own knees, and I took a shaky breath to steady myself.

“Now. What did you say about Hyunseung?”

I didn’t hear the third one before, so I thought there was only two of them. But I was proven wrong when the third one emerged from the shadows, his fist connected with my jaw. I coughed out blood as I fell to the floor, holding my face in pain. The third one then proceeded to kick me repeatedly, the numbing pain coursing through my body. I grabbed his foot and pulled it from under him. He yelped, falling to his and I wobbled to my feet.

The one with the nasally voice had recovered and held a switch-blade in his hand. I lunged for him, but the one I’d just knocked down had grabbed my foot out from under me, and I knocked my head against a desk on the way down. I saw a sticky red liquid pooling under my head, my stomach growing queasy at the sight. I  then felt the force of a foot on my chest, looking up to see the one I’d scratched with a pencil earlier looking down on me, a glass bottle in his hand.

I didn’t feel the impact of the bottle to my body, only the sharp pain of the pieces that stuck to me. I screamed out as the first one put his face inches from mine, his eyes gleaming. He stuck the switch-blade in my leg, my scream subsiding as he did so. I thought of what they did, what they said about Hyunseung. My pain turned to fury, cold-blooded fury.

I grunted as I pushed the foot off my chest, my fist once more connecting with the face of the nasally one. I stood up, the glass still in my body as well as the knife. I picked up a shard of glass that was on the ground and lunged for the one who stabbed me. I the piece of glass into his body, his eyes widening and his mouth opening in an inaudible scream. I turned the piece of glass, his eyes panicking before he eventually out. I lifted his head up and slammed it against the floor again, just for good measure.

Turning to the third one, I stepped onto his chest, pushing all my weight on my foot as I reached for the pencil again. I leaned down, stabbing the pencil into his eye, his scream echoing through the lecture hall. Removing my foot from his chest, I stomped onto his leg, the crack of bone making my blood run cold. I then looked to the one who’d hit me with the bottle, my hand reached for a chair. I lifted the chair up, his mouth forming into a “no” right as I brought it down on him. I smiled, throwing the chair away forgotten and leaving the lecture hall.

I treaded the night streets, leaving footprints of blood as I walked. I grunted in pain, feeling the blood rushing from the knife on my leg. I placed my hand around it, lifting it up and seeing red. I groaned as I continued treading, my vision blurring as I approached Hyunseung’s house. I fell to my knees, crawling to the door, pounding on it for him to come out.

I saw the widening of doe eyes, as he leaned down an inch from my face.

“Babo…” I whispered, my eyes closing as I faded into blackness.

I faintly remember an angel with bright red hair screaming my name as I fell unconscious.

 

a/n: Ahh~! Please don’t kill me for hurting Junnie. >.<” Thank you so much for reading~!! Next chapter will be out soon. ^^