The Day of Choosing

You are Mine

---Hyunseung POV

Sunlight broke through the window, waking me from my sleep. The clock on my bedside table flashed a number. 6:23 am. A little less than four hours until it began. Until I, Jang Hyunseung, finally chose who would accompany me for the rest of my life. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, my feet searching for the slippers. I found them, and slowly stood up, my back cracking as I did so. I shuffled to the bathroom across the room, and slowly flicked the light on.

My eyes widened at my reflection once again. Large, brown eyes searched the pale complexion in front of my. Searching. Watching. Waiting. For what, I was unsure of. I reached across for my toothbrush, my eyes catching a flash of movement in my bedroom. I sighed, dropping my hand and rubbing my eyes, still weary from the night before.

"Yah. Yoseob-ah. If you're going to come into my room at the crack of dawn, you better have a damn good reason for it." I groaned, turning on my heel and leaving the bathroom.

Yang Yoseob, one of my two only friends, sat precariously on the edge of my bed. His orange hair already spiked and styled. He covered his mouth with a single hand, stifling a giggle.

"Mian, Hyunseung-ah~ But you do know what day today is, ne?" He said, his right eyebrow slowly raising.

I stifled another yawn as I plopped down next to him. "Of course I know what today is, idiot. It happens every year. This year it's our turn. We choose. Right?"

Yoseob nodded thoughtfully. He ran a hand through my red hair, but I reached up and grabbed his hand, tossing it to the side. "Yah. Hyunseung. Do you even know who you are going to choose yet?" he asked, his brown eyes searching my face for some kind of answer.

"No, I haven't any idea who I will be choosing, Yoseob-ah." I mumbled, my mind racing back a few weeks to when my father took me to the prison the pets were kept in.

"Now Hyunseung, you get to choose whoever you want. You are my son, therefore you get first pick." His eyes searched my face for some kind of reaction, but I refused to give him any. I merely nodded, and spared a single glance his way.

"Do you like any of them? Any at all Hyunseung?" He pried once more, trying to get some sort of reaction from me.

I merely lifted one shoulder in a shrug, before I saw Him.

His hair, a beautiful shade of electric blue, originally caught my eye. I felt my breath hitch in my throat, my eyes widen slightly and my mouth slightly ajar.

"Abeoji. Who's that?" I whispered, my finger extending towards the figure squatting in the corner. His back was to me, but I caught a glimpse of a tattoo on his forearm.

"Him? His name is Yong Junhyung, but Hyunseung. You don't want him. Go for a stronger one. I've heard of a-"

"No." I cut him off. "He will be mine, Abeoji."

"Yah. Hyunseung-ah." I was brought back to the present by my best friend hitting me lightly on the head. "You zoned out for a while there."

"Mian, Yoseob-ah." I said, ruffling his hair. "Where's Kikwang, anyways?" I wondered aloud, but was answered immediately by being crushed into the ground by the beforementioned.

"Hyung~! I've missed you! Why haven't you responded to any of my texts, hyung?" Lee Kikwang asked, his weight crushing me on the floor.

"Yah. Kikwang-ah. I'll give you three seconds to get off of me. One. Two." I said, extending my hand and putting two fingers down as I counted.

"Mianhe, Hyung." Kikwang said, scrambling to his feet and; extending a perfectly manicured hand to me. I toke it, and was helped to my feet. I stood a few inches taller than the younger boy, but his muscles were way more defined than mine would ever be. A smile was plastered onto his face, his eyes almost gone as the smile reached his eyes. His faded blonde hair was already styled perfectly as well.

"Yah. Am I the only one here who isn't ready yet?" I grumbled to myself, releasing Kikwangs hand and shuffling back into the bathroom.

"Hyung, you might want to hurry up and get ready. We have to leave by 7:30, or your abeoji will kill us~" Yoseobs voice traveled into the bathroom.

I responded by slamming the door and turning the shower on.

 

a/n: Thank you so much for reading~ <33 I'll write update asap. Thank you for your support. ^^