His Return

You are Mine

---Junhyung POV

Dongwoon and I got about a mile away when we finally stopped, now alone in a forest. The roar of firetrucks and police cars in the distance pierced the otherwise silent night. How glad would they be when they saw one of their own, burning, dead, by the hands of two pets. Of course they didn’t know we killed them. No one knew, except me and Dongwoon as of right now. My phone in my pocket vibrated, and I moved my hand to it and looked at the Caller ID. It flashed that it was a private number, chilling my blood instantly, my body naturally stiffening up. Dongwoon noticed and walked to my side, seeing the Private Caller flashing on the screen. He took the phone from my hand, and answered it, putting it on speaker for both of us to hear.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone, only receiving static as an answer. We listened for a minute more, the other line giving us a dial tone, signifying they’d hung up. I was about to return the phone to my pocket when it started vibrating again, the same Private Caller flashing on the screen. Dongwoon and I exchanged glances once more, and I picked up the phone again, this time not putting it on speaker and instead bringing it up to my ear. “Hello?” I called out once more, my eyes making contact with Dongwoon’s. The static remained, but this time a voice broke into the normal static drawl that I’d gotten used to.

“I know…” The voice was soft, eerie, as if it was coming from right behind me. Familiar… I couldn’t put my finger on where I’d heard it before though…

“You know what?” I replied, Dongwoon’s pupils dilating as I said the words into the phone. The static returned, softer this time as a different voice broke through it.

“You know… At the warehouse…” The voice sent a chill down my spine, as I immediately recognized this one.

“Key…” I spat, Dongwoon’s face turning from one of horror to one of disgust. “Where the hell are you?” I asked, but the static rece more, the original voice coming back.

“We’re watching you.” The original voice replied, sounding even closer this time. The dial tone came through as a response, and I slammed my phone shut, stuffing it in my pocket and reaching for Dongwoon’s wrist. Another ruffling came through the forest, making me turn on my heel to face it where it was coming from. I searched my pockets for the knife I’d used before, cursing as I remembered I’d left it in the warehouse. Dongwoon didn’t have his gun either, him forgetting that as well. I let out another curse, clenching my fists together and bringing them up in front of my face to fight whoever was coming for us.

If someone was coming for us.

Another rustling in the trees drew my attention from the original one, this time the rustling not stopping. I did not feel fear, honestly, at this point in time. I felt no fear, instead I felt strangely calm. I felt too calm, as if though I’d resigned to the fact that today, at this point in time, something bad was going to happen to me. I reached for my phone, pressing the one on speed dial and putting it up to my ear, hearing the phone ringing. “Pick up…” I whispered, the rustling getting louder.

“Hello, you have reached the phone of Jang Hyunseung. I’m not available to take your call at this time, so please leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Bye~” I got his voicemail, his voice coming through clearly.

“Babe? I’m sorry. I might not be-“

I never was able to finish the message.

---Hyunseung POV

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital, Kikwang’s head on my lap as I mindlessly ran a hand through his hair, his breathing slowly evening. The muffled sounds of hushed voices was the only noise in the room, Doojoon already gone back to visit Yoseob. The doctor had come out earlier, telling Kikwang and I he was alright. Kikwang’s face immediately broke into one of relief, allowing him to get some well needed sleep. I had been relieved as well, but Doojoon bolted for Yoseob’s room immediately, their bond stronger than any friendship could ever be. That’s how it was between owner and pet. My eyes traveled down on their own to the ring on my right hand, the silver glinting in the fluorescent hospital lights.

That’s how it was between Junhyung and I…

The thought brought a smile on my face, but the smile immediately vanished as I remembered he was still fighting Key’s crazed ex. I looked over at the clock, two hours already passed since we’d left the warehouse. I sighed, reaching in my pocket for my phone, groaning as I remembered I’d left it at home.

. Of course I did.

A nurse approached me, her smile happy as she did so. “You two can go and see Mr. Yang now.” I nodded my thanks and she walked away. Kikwang began to stir on my lap and I shook him awake, his eyes opening and a yawn coming out of his mouth as he sat up, stretching his short legs out in front of him. We got to our feet and walked down the corridor until we happened upon Yoseob’s room. I knocked twice, entering and seeing Yoseob awake with a sleeping Doojoon by his side. I tried to act nonchalant at their intertwined hands that lay between them. I maneuvered around the wires that were sprawled around Yoseob’s bed until I reached the other side of it, my hand reaching for his free one. I grabbed it and began to make small circles on the back of it.

“Are you alright?” Kikwang asked softly, taking a seat on the foot of Yoseob’s bed as I sat in the chair that was next to his head.

“Well, I’m not dead so I think that qualifies as all right.” My smile widened, happy that Yoseob still retained his sense of humor after all this had happened. His orange hair stuck up in all directions, causing me to laugh as I reached a hand out to it and brushed it down in an attempt to try and tame it. It just ended up making it worse, to be honest. Yoseob pouted out his lower lip and stuck his tongue out at me. I released his hand and pinched his cheeks, his laughter echoing through the room. “Ahh~! Hyung~! It hurts.” He whined, using his free hand to try and pry my hands away from his cheeks.

“I don’t care~” I replied in a sing-song voice, just pinching harder the more he complained.

“Hyung!” He laughed again, shaking his head and still trying to get me to release my grip as he struggled against me. I let out a laugh and finally let go, grabbing onto his free hand once more, my smile settling on my face as I did so.

“Yoseob-ah… Has your dad contacted you?” Kikwang asked from where he sat on the foot of the bed, pulling his legs up so he could rest his head on his knees.

“Mm.” Yoseob murmured, looking at Kikwang, his eyes happy. “Abeoji came before Doojoon, to see if I was alright. He couldn’t stay long though, as he is the police commissioner. He got a call about arson or something, I don’t know.” Yoseob said with a one shouldered shrug, his attention turning back to me, his big eyes glowing. “Has Junhyung contacted you yet?” He asked, and I shook my head.

“He might of, but I don’t have my phone on me. I told him to just meet me back at the house, so he’s probably there waiting for me now.” I assured Yoseob, but something inside of me was telling me he wasn’t going to be there. I removed the thought from my head, not wanting to think like that. I had to believe that Junhyung would be alright, that’d he’d be there waiting for me.

“Well then go already, hyung. You too Kiki. The doctor said I should be out by tomorrow, since I didn’t lose that much blood and the wound’s already been stitched up. So go guys. Besides…” The younger boy’s eyes traveled down to the sleeping figure who’d started to snore lightly. “Doojoon-hyung will be here…” he whispered, a smile lingering on his face. “So go!” He insisted once more, motioning for us to leave.

“You sure?” I asked, already getting to my feet and putting my jacket back on.

“Yes, hyung. I’m sure. Now go~!”

It didn’t take any more persuasion to get me and Kikwang to leave. We said our goodbyes to Yoseob, leaving the room to his door ajar. The cold air assaulted my face as we exited the hospital and proceeded to run to my car, turning the heater on immediately. Kikwang rubbed his hands together in front of him, blowing on them lightly. He’d dozed off for a few minutes, and I found myself shaking him awake thirty minutes later when we were at his house.

“Kikwang, it’s time to get up. You’re home.” I said as I shook him awake. He stirred and opened his eyes, his bottom lip stuck out in a pout. He unbuckled his seatbelt and exited the car, thanking me for the ride and telling me that’d he call me later. I started the car up again and zoomed off into the distance, ready to see Junhyung already again. I pulled up to my house within minutes, turned off the car, fumbling for my house key as I ran up to the door, putting it in and opening it up.

“Junhyung I’m home!” I called out, running into the living room only to be greeted by silence. My face crumbled immediately as I noticed none of the lights were on, and that everything was dark and eerie. “Junhyung?” I whispered, walking into room after room, no sign of the younger boy anywhere. “Junhyung?!” I called a little louder as I ascended the stairs, fear that he’d been injured beginning to drive me mad.

“Junhyung!” I slammed open the door to his room, to find it empty. “Junhyung!” I called again, my voice raising in pitch as I called his name out, going through another room. Empty.

Another one.

Empty.

One more.

Empty.

“Junhyung!” I screamed out, finally slamming the door open to my room and racing for my phone. The screen flashed that I had one missed call and a new voicemail. My fingers were shaking as I fumbled for the number for voicemail, slowly putting the phone up to my ears, the monotone voice saying I had one unheard message.

“Babe, I’m sorry. I might not-“ It was cut off after that. Junhyung’s voice was cut off after that. The tears I didn’t know had formed in my eyes began to pour out, my emotions running wild as I ran downstairs, not wanting to believe anything anymore. I fell onto the couch and let the body-racking sobs overtake me, my hands fumbling as I replayed Junhyung’s message over and over again.

Junhyung…

“Hyunseung?” I looked up to see a tear-streaked Kikwang standing a few feet in front of me, his hands shaking as he held his phone in his hand. Unspoken words went between us as we knew both our pets were gone. Kikwang collapsed in my arms and I wrapped them around him, allowing him to cry into me. I think it took about an hour until our sobs finally stopped and we were just crying dry tears. Kikwang sat up, his eyes red and puffy, a few tears still finding their way down his face.

“Hyung… They’re gone, aren’t they?” I opened my mouth to reply but was cut off by my phone vibrating, alerting me I had a message. I reached for it, chilling as I recognized the number and opened the message. My hand went up to mouth, silent tears trailing down my face. “Hyung… Who was that? What’s wrong hyung? Is it something about Junhyung or Dongwoon? Hyung? Hyung! Answer me, damnit!” Kikwang cried, more tears finding their way down his face as he pounded on my chest.

“J-J-J-“ I began, my eyes leveling with Kikwang’s, a final tear making its way down my cheek as I removed my hand from my mouth.

“Jiyong took them…”

 

a/n: Yes, the return of Jiyong has begun~ I should be able to update more often now since I’ve gotten used to school again. Remember to comment and subscribe.

On a sadder note, I’d like to offer my condolences once more to Hyunseung’s family. It must be a very hard time in their life right now, and I hope our 4D Prince realizes that us b2uties will always be there for him and always have his back.

Stay strong baby.

I love you. <3