Can We Start Over?

You are Mine

---Kikwang POV

Dongwoon cried. He cried into my shoulder for who knows how long. I lost track of time. His breathing steadied, as he fell asleep laying there in my arms. I sighed, gathering him into my arms, struggling slightly due to his size being larger than mine. I opened his door and walked into the room, placing him onto his bed. I tucked him into his bed, wanting him to get his rest. He looked so peaceful, laying there motionless. I sighed, exiting his room and noticing all the envelopes scattered around. Bending over and picking them up, I walked into my room, leaving the door open in case Dongwoon woke up.

I looked at the letters, each with the same handwriting and sent in the same envelopes. I pondered if I should open them or not, deciding I should. Dongwoon looked so broken over whatever was in these. He hadn’t even opened them. What was so bad in them? I reached for my letter opener, opening the one that was sent first. A letter sat alone inside, and I removed it, opening the letter up.

It was from his parents. My eyes scanned the paper, the words seemingly harmless. I reached for the next letter, the contents about the same as the first letter. I continued to do so with all the letters, finally throwing my hands up in frustration. I didn’t find out anything from the letters. I sighed, and walked over to sit in front of my computer. I logged on, and immediately proceeded to crack the firewall that blocked anyone from seeing the records on the prison’s website. I scanned through the names, until I found Dongwoon’s.

I double clicked to open the file, and a photo of him from when he was younger appeared on the top right hand corner of the screen. I smiled at the sight of a young Dongwoon. I scanned the document. It stated the normal stuff. His age, height, weight, D.O.B., blood type, any allergies, etc. I finally came across a section titled “Reason for Admittance.” I read through the section, my eyes widening at what I saw.

His parents sold their own son so they could have a better life for themselves.

They ing sold him just so their lives would be easier.

I slammed my computer shut, walking over to the fireplace and lighting a fire. I gathered up all the letters but one that sat on my table, throwing each of them into the flames, watching as the fire them up and burned them out of existence. I walked into my bedroom, grabbing a coat and my wallet, before exiting my room and looking into Dongwoon’s. He hadn’t moved since I left him there.

“Don’t worry, Dongwoon. I’ll set your parents straight.”

I left the apartment building, jumping into my car and turning the key. I took the letter out of my pocket that I didn’t bother burning, looking at the return address. I entered the address into the GPS system, and backed out, following the directions they gave me. I heard some people honking as I zoomed down the road, but I ignored them or flipped them the bird. I arrived at Dongwoon’s house, parking my car in their driveway. I slammed the door to my car, not caring if I woke anyone up. I pounded on the door, and a man opened the door.

“Are you Dongwoon’s father?”

He nodded, and I opened my wallet up.

“How much do you want to leave Dongwoon alone?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“How much do you ing want to leave my pet alone?! You sold your son. You sold him, for a mere 1,000,000 won(approx. 880 USD). You put a price on your son. What kind of parent can put a price on their own child? On their own flesh and blood?” I knew I was yelling, but I didn’t care anymore. I knew I was supposed to respect my elders, but who could respect someone like this?

“Yeobo. What’s wrong?” A woman walked out from the back, and I assumed that was Dongwoon’s mom.

“You. Dongwoon’s mom. How much do you want to leave Dongwoon alone? That’s the only reason you guys are contacting him, right? You knew he got chosen by one of the richest owners. You sell your son to be a slave, and then you have the nerve to ask for money from him?” I threw 2,000,000 won(approx. 1760 USD) into their house. “There. That’s double what you sold him for, right? Well I just bought him. Never again contact Dongwoon. You don’t want to know what will happen if you even attempt to contact him again.”

I slammed their door shut behind me, and walked to my car, turning the engine on and speeding away. I stopped the car about a block in front of my apartment building, turning the headlights off and sighing, resting my head on the steering wheel. Why did I do that? I knew the reason, but it still would haunt me that I would do something like that.

No.

It wouldn’t haunt me. It was nothing to be ashamed of, really. I wanted them to leave him alone, so now they’ll leave him alone for good.

Right?

They better count their lucky stars they do leave him alone, or I won’t be so nice next time.

I pulled into the driveway, and walked up to my room, shutting the door behind.

I threw the last of the letters into the fire before falling asleep.

---Yoseob POV

I squirmed in the chair that abeoji had in front of his desk in his office. He had sent Doojoon upstairs, asking for some time to talk to his son. I didn’t know what to say. Abeoji had come in at a very wrong time. We weren’t even doing anything. I felt the tension in the air, as abeoji drummed his fingers on his desk.

“Abeoji…” My words came out soft, and I didn’t know what I should say. I sighed, dropping my head to my hands. “Abeoji. Honestly. We weren’t doing anything.”

“I know. Yoseob, I didn’t call you here to scold you about what I witnessed. I was just surprised, that’s all.”

“S-so you don’t mind if I like Doojoon?” My voice came out hopefully, as my eyes finally connected with my father’s.

“Me? No. I myself don’t mind. But Yoseob, I don’t make the rules in our society. It would be taboo if your relationship with your pet got out into the open.”

“So you don’t mind, but our society does?”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying, Yoseob. Our system is corrupt. Jang Hyunseung’s father controls everything in the city. He was one of my few friends as I was growing up, and I was weak, Yoseob. I wasn’t able to stand up to his so-called ideals for a perfect society. This society we have. It isn’t perfect. It’s a society built on slavery. I don’t want our society to be like that Yoseob.” My father’s words surprised me. I had always thought that my dad loved the way our society worked.

“W-what are you saying?”

“I’m saying I want you to change it. I want you and your friends to expose the ones who are corrupt in our society. I hate these owner and pet contracts, Yoseob. I want you to break them, so you can love who you want to love, Yoseob. But for that to happen, you first have to gain power. And the only way to do that is by overthrowing Jang Hyunseung’s father, and putting Jang Hyunseung himself into power. I’m assuming he hates the way our society works as well. But Yoseob, you can’t act on these ideas just yet. You have to gain a following, a few more supporters, then you can take down the system. I believe you can accomplish this Yoseob. Do not tell anyone of this conversation, alright?”

I nodded at my father’s words. He wanted me to put Hyunseung into power. He wanted us to overthrow Hyunseung’s dad, and start a new society. A fresh start, where there would be no owners and no pets. A place where the poor and the rich could live in harmony. A place where anyone could be what they wanted.

A place where I could openly love Yoon Doojoon.

Hyunseung had spoke of a place like this once, but I never believed it would be possible. But with Hyunseung in power, it could be possible. I excused myself from my father’s office, his words clinging to me as I trudged up the stairs. I opened the door to my room, and turned my laptop on. Opening a new word document, I began to type furiously, writing down everything that my father had said. I assumed we would be able to take on the system in around a year. I saved the document, encrypting it and exiting out.

Shutting my laptop down, I sat onto my bed, sinking into the mattress.

No one could know of what my father said, or he would be tried for treason.

But what my father said… Could it actually happen?

Could there actually be a future where I could love Yoon Doojoon?

---Hyunseung POV

“The name of the man I love is Yong Jaesoon.”

The words came out and I didn’t regret saying them one bit. It was the truth. I loved Yong Jaesoon. I didn’t know his face, but I knew I loved him. I knew he had made me fall hard for him. I knew that I had loved Yong Jaesoon. I looked down from Junhyung’s eyes, not wanting to see his reaction.

And I knew I would do anything in my power to get Yong Jaesoon to love me.

“I’m done stitching you up.” I said, wrapping another bandage around Junhyung’s leg. “You should probably get some rest though. Don’t bother moving to your room. You should try and stay of that leg as much as possible.” I stood up, gathering the supplies I had used to stitch him up and walked into the bathroom, putting them all back into their respectful cabinets. I was exiting the room, when Junhyung’s voice stopped me in my tracks.

“Hyunseung. I’m sorry for being such an to you. Could we start over, and maybe be friends?”

His words were the ones I had waited to hear for what seemed like an eternity. I my heel and smiled.

“I’d like that.”

 

a/n: Ahhh. Boring chapter. Mianhe~! ^^; Next chapter will contain a character introduction as well as Junhyung’s reaction to Hyunseung’s words~ Please look forward to it. ^^