Memories of a Broken Heart

You are Mine

---Junhyung POV

I still remember the day I first met Jang Hyunseung. I was never meant to meet him. I was never meant to talk to him. I was never meant to fall in love with him.

It was December 19th, my seventh birthday. Snow had fallen everywhere, and I had wandered into a park, looking for a place for some shut eye. I'd been an orphan for a while now, my life hard. I'd learn to bare with it though. I'd learned to bare with a lot of stuff. I remember closing my eyes, ready to fall asleep but seeing a pair of little feet in front of me. I looked up from the feet to see a boy with beautiful doe eyes. I couldn't see much of his face, as he had a scarf pulled up to his mouth and a hat covered his ears. A small tuft of brown hair hung out from under his hat. His gloved hands held an umbrella in one hand and a cup of hot chocolate in the other. His small body was covered by layer upon layer of clothing. His small feet were stuffed into boots. He was, in a word, beautiful. He seemed to be an angel sent from heaven.

I fell in love with him at first sight.

"What are you doing out here?" His voice was soft, smooth. His large doe eyes were beautiful and mysterious as they searched my body. He reached out and placed the umbrella over me, sheilding me from the snow. He adjusted the umbrella so that it covered my face.

"I have no where to go." My voice came out soft, scared.

He leaned down and placed the cup of hot chocolate on the ground. "Where are your parents?" His little hand reached up to remove the scarf that covered his neck. He shook the scarf out, leaning over to wrap it around my neck. He smelled nice. He smelled a little bit like pine and a little bit like cherry. His little hands adjusted the scarf around my neck, making sure it was wrapped tightly.

"I don't have any parents." My whisper came out muffled, as the scarf covered my mouth.

"You don't have any parents?" I saw his little doe eyes widen in sadness, his mouth forming into a frown. He ped one of his jackets and placed it over my small body. Another jacket came off, that one covering my body as well. He took his gloves off and took my hand into his, putting my hands into each glove. "Then take these, at least." He reached down, handing me the cup of hot chocolate that was sitting on the ground. "I don't live to far away. I don't need them anyways." He took off running, his feet leaving little footprints in the snow.

That was the first present I'd ever recieved for my birthday.

That was the first time I was ever shown kindness.

I was never meant to meet him again. I never meant to fall in love with him anymore. But when the springtime came, sure enough, I saw him from across the park. His little body was hunched over a book, his brown hair covering his expression. He sat on the same bench he had met me on that fateful day in the winter. Did he remember that bench? A breeze ruffled the pages of the book slightly, his hair blowing into his eyes. How could someone so beautiful be so lonely? That question still haunts me today.

He was never meant to see me. But when he looked up, his doe eyes landed on me immediately, them lighting up in recgonition. He actually remembered me. He dropped the book, his little legs taking him to me. My hand automatically reached for the scarf, his scarf, that covered my neck. Did he want the scarf back? Is that why he was so intent on getting over to me?

"Hey. You're the boy from the winter." His cheeks were flushed a light pink from the running to me. He leaned over, his breathing a little heavy from the physical exertion. He let out a breath and smiled up at me. The smile that could outshine the sun anyday. The smile that made me fall in love with him that day in the winter. "I never got your name that day. Mine's Jang Hyunseung."

Jang Hyunseung. A beautiful name for a beautiful boy.

"Y-Yong Jaesoon." My face flushed red as the name came out of my mouth. I had never been fond of my name, but I had no other name.

"Jaesoon-ah..." The way that my name sounded coming out of his mouth, I thought for a second I could grow to like my name. "Jaesoon-ah. When is you're birthday?" His eyes lit up at the question in anticipation.

"December 19th..." The date came out as a mere whisper.

"Ah~! That day in the winter. The day we met. That was your birthday?"

He remembered. He actually remembered the date we met.

"Mine's September 3rd, so I must be your hyung." He reached for my hand and began pulling me to a cafe a ways away.

"W-where are we going?" The words came out stammering, my feet forgetting how to walk for a little bit.

"I'm taking you out to lunch and treating you for a day. And call me hyung."

"B-but Hyunseung-ah..."

"Hyung." His voice cut me off, his face turning to me, his mouth in a pout.

"N-ne... Hyung." I felt a small smile form on my face. They way I called him hyung seemed right. He stayed true to his word. Hyunseung took me out to lunch, telling me to order whatever I wanted. I nodded, and the day went on like that. Hyunseung led me to the arcade, and we played together for hours, the time getting away from us. He treated me to cake and ice cream, his face lighting up when I told him it was delicious. He took me to the edge of the lake, telling me his life story as we sat there, talking about nothing. He was the one who made me fall in love with him. He was so perfect and beautiful, how could someone not fall in love with him? He was the one who made me fall in love with him.

We continued to meet up for a year or so after that happened. We would run into each other often in the park. One of us would always be waiting there on the bench. On our bench.

Hyunseung was never meant to get hurt.

We were walking home one night, laughing about the events of the day. His face was lit up, the way that made my heart skip a beat. His eyes shone, his beauty radiating. We waited on the corner of a cross-walk, him closer to the edge than myself.

He never saw the car coming.

I remember the screech of tires, the sound of his bones cracking, the limp figure of him on the ground, the sirens wailing. I remember the ambulance coming, taking him away. I remember the bright lights of the Emergency Room, the sound of his father pacing in front of me, the glare he gave me, as if accusing me that this was my fault. I remember the tears, the endless tears, the silent sobs that racked my body. I remember the nurse telling me he wanted to talk to me, the pounding in my ears as I walked to his room, the relief that flooded through me at the sight of him breathing, but the pain that followed at the words he said.

"Jaesoon-ah... Let's stop this already." His voice came out soft, barely above a whisper.

"W-what? Hyung, what are you saying?"

"Jaesoon-ah. You didn't think we could keep this up forever did you? This happiness? This fake world that we've built around ourselves? We've been living a lie, Jaesoon. You're supposed to be in prison right now, training to become a pet. You're not supposed to be associating with me. You know who I am, right Jaesoon? I'm the son of our leader. Jaesoon. Let's stop, okay?"

I remember the numbness that took over my body, the gaurds that pulled me away from his bedside, the denial that followed his word, the tears that fell out of his eyes. I remember the guards throwing me into the back seat of the car, taking me away to be put into prison. I always was of the lower class. I knew this day would come. But that Hyunseung would betray me? I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it.

From that day on, I changed my name to Yong Junhyung.

Never again did I go by the name Yong Jaesoon.

 

a/n: Ahh~ JunSeung background finally done. ^^ Thank you for reading, and I apoligize for any spelling or grammatical mistakes~ Next chapter KiWoon and DooSeob will return, so please look forward to it~! Remember to comment and suscribe, if you want~! <33 Thank you again for reading. ^^