To be the Best

You are Mine

---Doojoon POV

"My name is Yoon Doojoon."

My words echoed through the stadium, the name registering in the minds of the spectators.

"It's him, right?" "But look, he's so weak." "They say he's the one with most promise though, right?" "It can't be him." "Yah, how could there be two people with the same name then." "But how is it him?" "Didn't they say the best one was supposed to be strong and imposing?" "He doesn't look that strong and imposing..." "They must've got the name wrong." The voices grew louder and louder. My smirk faltered for a second, my confidence replaced by anger. Did these people really think that I didn't look strong? That was weak?

"Silence." A voice comanded from the box where the owners sat. I turned my attention to see Yang Yoseob standing with his hand raised. "If you will not cease your endless chatter, we will have to you from the premisis." The grounds grew silent, no one wanting to challenge the boy. "You. Yoon Doojoon." His attention me, and I felt my body stiffen slightly under the weight of his gaze. "You are Yoon Doojoon right?" I nodded, and Yoseob nodded thoughtfully.  "Then let's begin, shall we?" He his heel and returned to his seat.

I felt the pressure of all eyes on me know. What was I supposed to do? Did they want me to showcase my talents or something? I inwardly sighed, walking to the far right of the ring where a lone table stood. On it were assorted weapons. Looking across the way I saw three targets. A smirk found its way onto my face. They wanted me to choose whatever I wanted to hit the bullseye, right? A small scoff escaped my lips, as my fingers instinctively reached for the set of throwing daggers on the table. How did they know I wouldn't just throw one up and kill an owner?

I placed one of the daggers in my hand, caressing the handle. The small dragon that curved around the end seemed to speak to me. I couldn't understand what it was saying though. I drew my thumb across the blade, careful to not cut myself on it. I look up at the first target, and placed one dagger between my ring and middle finger. Reaching over, I grabbed two more daggers placing them between my ring and pinky finger as well as one between my pointer and middle finger. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and visualized the bullseye. I exahaled, releasing the daggers as I did so.

A collective gasp was heard throughout the stadium, followed by a roaring applause and cheers. A smirk found its way onto my face once again when my eyes opened. The middle dagger hit the bullseye, the other two a hairs length on either side of the middle dagger. My eyes flickered to the owner's box, but I only looked for the one I wanted to impress. He was smiling, his fingers relaxing on the arms of his chair.

And they thought I wasn't Yoon Doojoon.

The rest of the time flew by. The second target I hit the bullseye, five times in a row, with a pistol. The third, with a bow and arrow. By the time I exited the ring I had the crowd chanting my namer over and over. I was greeted by Dongwoon. "Hyung~! You were truly daebak!" I smiled and ruffled the younger's hair, my eyes rising to Junhyung who stood behind him

"Way to not screw up."

I smirked at Junhyung's words, throwing an arm around him. "Yah, you should have more faith in your hyung." Junhyung wrestled my arm off, but we fell silent when we saw who was next.

---Dongwoon POV

"Son Dongwoon, please step forward. It is your turn."

I felt a lump grow in my throat. I had to follow right behind Doojoon hyung? I couldn't.

I had to be the best.

But right after him?

My legs felt like lead as I entered the arena, a hush falling upon the crowd.

I would do whatever I had to to be the best.

Right?

 

a/n: Ughh. Sorry for the horrible and boring chapter guys. Sad to say the next two will probably be like this. ;-; Please comment and suscribe, yes? ^^ Thank you~