The Day of Reckoning

You are Mine

---Junhyung POV

"All cellmates, it is time. Please proceed to wake up. All cellmates, it is time.  Please..." The voice droned on and on, echoing through the silent halls of the prison. Shuffling could be heard from the cell next to mine. I crammed a pillow over my head, trying to make it all go away. To tell myself it was just a dream. But the voice, that voice. It pierced through right to my skull. The dull ache returned, forcing me to obey. That voice forced everyone to obey. No matter how hard you tried to get away from it, the voice would return. It would put you back on their so-called "right track." As long as you obeyed the voice, you would be safe. No one knew what happened to those who tried to escape the voice. Only rumour was that they never were heard from again.

I shuffled out of bed, the shackles clanging against the polished floors. Flourescent lights luminated every part of the cell. It was hell in here. A bed tucked in the corner, two pairs of clothes, and if you were lucky they gave you a mirror as well. I was not one of the lucky ones. Every month, you were allowed one luxury in here. I chose last month to dye my hair. Stupid? No. I hated my hair color. It reminded me of my past. A past I'd rather forget. I reached out to touch the cold bars in front of me. I shivered slightly at the touch, my eyes closing. What was it like outdoors? Only they knew. Only they knew everything. Everything in this goddamn world revolved around them.

The Owners.

I would find out who my owner was today. So would every other eighteen year old in here. I sighed, releasing my grip on the bar in front of me. "Please step back. Your cellblocks are opening. You will immediately report for breakfast. Please step back. Your..." The voice came back. I obeyed immediately, not wanting the dull ache to return.

The bars which I had been holding onto groaned, slowly opening up. All the inmates filed out, like a sea heading to the cafeteria. I spotted two familiar faces. The only two faces I ever wanted to see. I pushed my way through the crowd until I stood next to them. The taller but younger one of the two spared me a fleeting glance, a small smile tugging at his lips. I grunted and motioned forward, the smile immediately dropping from his lips and his body going rigid as his continued forward. The guards hate it when inmates talk anytime other than during meals and when working. I didn't want to be the reason that one of the few people I could call my friend reprimanded.

The sea of people traveled into the cafeteria, everyone silently and quickly gathering their rations for breakfast. I picked out a small circular table with three chairs in the back, and sighed in relief as I finally sat down. Immediately I proceded to lay my head on the table and close my eyes, my body begging for a few more hours of sleep.

"Hyung, sit up. The guards may take you somewhere if you don't. You know how they are. Hurry up and eat." a voice said from my right. I looked up to see the one who smiled at me earlier. Son Dongwoon was his name. At least that's what he claimed his name was. Blonde locks fell softly around his face, his eyes deeply set. He had more of a western look to him, but he always adamantly claims to be Korean. Dongwoon sat down in the chair and reached over to push some hair out of my face. "Here hyung, eat." He said, holding out a piece of bread to me.

"Aish. Yah, Dongwoon. You eat your own food. Your hyung has his, you have yours. You're in the competition too today." Another voice carried into my ears. I sat up straight and shooed Dongwoon's hand away to address the new voice. Yoon Doojoon. Tall, handsome. He would of been perfect had he been born into the upper class. But he was just like the rest of us. A slave. Condemned to serve one master. He plopped his tray down and toke the final seat at our table.

"Yah, Hyung. Do you know which master's are of age? Which one's will be here?" Dongwoon asked eagerly, stuffing food into his face.

"Swallow before you talk." Doojoon scolded, passing him a bottle of water. Dongwoon gratefully accepted, taking a swig before expectantly looking at his hyung. "And to answer your question, no. The only one I know for sure will be there is Jang Hyunseung."

Jang Hyunseung. Him. He is the reason I'm in here. Everyone wants Him to be their owner. Jang Hyunseung's the richest, they say. He'll treat you good, they say. But if there is one thing I want more than anything in the world is to not become Jang Hyunseung's pet. Never will I, Yong Junhyung, become Jang Hyunseung's pet.

"All cellmates signed up for the competition today, please exit through the east wing. All cellmates..." The voice came back once more. I looked over to my friends, and we all reached for one another's hand.

"This is it." I whispered, and they nodded in response.

We stood up simultaneously, and made our way to the east wing.

Today was our day of Reckoning.

 

a/n: Aish. Horrible chapter is horrible. >.<Thank you for reading~ <33Remember to comment and suscribe~ Will update as soon as possible.