May the Best Man Win

You are Mine

---Hyunseung POV

I knew who Kikwang was talking about, my heart fluttering in my chest. My feet automatically took me to the direction Kikwang had come from, my eyes darting around the campus until they finally landed on him. My hyung.

Kwon Jiyong.

“Hyung!” I called out, my walk turning into a sprint as I ran into the arms of Jiyong. He smiled and easily lifted me off my feet. I let out a laugh in my chest, closing my eyes as he spun me around in circles. I think I might have squealed like a little girl. I wasn’t sure. I was just happy my Hyung was back. I was still laughing when Jiyong finally set me down, my hands automatically going to his hair. “Hyung… You dyed your hair again.” I felt a giggle escape my lips as I messed his hair up a little bit. “I like you as a blondie.”

Jiyong grabbed my hands and locked them behind my back. I smiled as I struggled to get out of his grip, him finally letting go. I reached for his hand and dragged him over to where the rest of my friends stood.

“Seobie, Kiki, you guys already know Jiyong-hyung.” Jiyong walked over to each of them and gave them both a hug, Yoseob and Kikwang both excited to see their hyung as well. “Jiyong-hyung, you left a year before I came of age, so you never met our pets.” I pointed to Dongwoon, who’s hand was gripped tightly, and a little possessively, onto Kikwang’s elbow. “That’s Son Dongwoon. He’s Kiki’s.” I moved my finger over to where Doojoon stood, his arm locked with Yoseob’s. “That’s Yoon Doojoon, Yoseob’s.” I let go of Jiyong’s hand to grab onto Junhyung’s, pushing him in front of the older boy. “And this is mine. Yong Junhyung.”

---Junhyung POV

I stared up into the eyes of Jiyong, our eyes locked in a staring contest almost immediately. I felt the rest of the world drop away as we stared at each other, an unspoken declaration being thrown down as we stood there. I saw it in the way his smiled reached his eyes when he looked at Hyunseung. I saw it in the way his free hand had hovered possessively over the small of Hyunseung’s back. I saw it in the way that he had glared at me right now, his brown eyes searching mine.

Kwon Jiyong was in love with Jang Hyunseung.

“It’s finally a pleasure to meet my dongsaeng’s pet.” His words sounded friendly, upbeat. I knew better than that, and I heard the venom that was laced between them.

“Oh no, no. The pleasure’s all mine. I was wondering who this hyung Hyunseung kept mentioning. I’m assuming that hyung is you, Jiyong-ssi?” My voice echoed the feelings that were in his words.

I extended a hand out in greeting, and Jiyong took it, firmly shaking it. A little too firmly, if you ask me. We kept our hands locked like that, the fake smiles plastered on our faces. Jiyong finally released my hand, and grabbed onto Hyunseung’s again.

“Seungie~” He pouted, his aegyo not cute in any way, shape, or form. “I’m hungry~ And I need to go shopping again. I just returned, and I want to spend time with my favorite dongsaeng~! Let’s go, Seungie-ah~” Jiyong began to pull on Hyunseung’s hand, dragging him away. I reached out and locked hands with Hyunseung’s free hand.

“Jiyong, why don’t all seven of us go to the mall together? I’m sure you want to spend time with Kikwang and Yoseob as well, right?” I smiled up as I turned to the rest of the group, them nodding in agreement with my words before. “See Jiyong? Now why don’t all of us go to the mall together, ne?”

“Yeah! Let’s do that, hyung~!” Hyunseung’s eyes lit up at my idea, his voice sincerely happy. He glanced from me, to his hyung, and back again a few more times. “Let’s go!” Hyunseung bounced away to his car, the other four following, leaving me and Jiyong standing alone, a mere few feet separating us.

The air turned cold as Jiyong approached me, his voice lowering as he spoke into my ear, my blood chilling.

“I guess may the best man win, right?”

He walked away, shouting out Hyunseung’s name as he approached him. I my heel and followed them to the car.

I would not lose to Kwon Jiyong.

 

a/n: Kekekekeke~ Sorry for the short update. ^^; Next chapter will be long, promise~! Thank you so much for reading. ^^