I Trusted You

You are Mine

 

---Junhyung POV

I sat in silence as I listened to Dongwoon speak of the events of that night. My hands were firmly grasped in front of me, the knuckles turning white. Kikwang seemed speechless, his expression guarded and emotionless. Doojoon's eyes were closed, and Yoseob clung tightly to him, his hands bound up in Doojoon's shirt. Hyunseung stood by the doorway, his eyes distant and glassy. I wanted to go over to him, to tell him that everything'd be fine, that Dongwoon was safe now. I wanted with all my heart to be able to walk over to the older and tell him all these words he'd want to hear.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't tell him such things.

Because if I did tell him such things, it'd all be a lie.

Silence fell over the room when Dongwoon finished speaking, his eyes firmly fixated on the blanket in front of him. His hands were clapsed neatly over his lap. Kikwang's hand reached out and covered Dongwoon's, and their eyes met. I saw all the emotions that flashed between the two, and I knew that they had gone off onto their own little world. Hyunseung strolled over to me, prying my fingers apart from each other and interlacing them with his. I squeezed his hand slightly in gratitude for his comfort, my gaze still fixated on Dongwoon.

Doojoon was the one who broke the silence in the end.

"That little . I'll kill her. I'll ing kill her if its the last damn thing I'll do. I'll kill her." He growled. Yoseob gasped, grabbing harder onto Doojoon.

"No. Doojoonie, you can't kill her. She's Dongwoon's little sister for godsakes!" Yoseob pleaded, but Doojoon just glared down at the younger.

"Damnit Yoseob! She almost killed my dongsaeng! I can't just let her do that and get away with it!" Doojoon retorted, throwing Yoseob's hands off of him and storming towards the door. Hyunseung, however, was quicker.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He threatened, his hand curling around Doojoon's wrist.

"What? Are you going to sick Junhyung on me if I try? Because I promise you, I could take him any day, pretty boy." Doojoon spat, flinging Hyunseung's hand off his wrist. He returned to his journey towards the door, and I this time was the one who slammed him against the wall, my elbow digging deep into his neck. "Junhyung, I swear to God, if you do not let go of me this instant, you won't ever be able to use that arm again."

"No, Doojoon. Listen to me damnit!" I yelled over Doojoon's growlings.

"Doojoon, listen to Junhyung! Please!" Yoseob said from where he stood in the corner, Hyunseung standing next to him.

"Screw you Junhyung. Now let me go."

"No. First of all, never ever will you speak about my Hyunseung in such a manner again, do you understand? I don't really give a about how you talk about me, but when it comes to Hyunseung, its personal. You better apologize to him. Secondly, have you even thought this through? What will you do? We don't even know where the hell Chaerin, or any of those people, are for that matter. Are you just going to walk up to any old person on the street, ask them if they've seen a psychopath recently? That's not how it works, Doojoon. And finally, have you even taken into account Dongwoon's feelings on the matter? Can you, in all honesty, say that you think he wants you to beat up the only family he ever loved? That he wishes his sister was dead? No Doojoon. Think for once damnit, because I won't always be here to think for you." I spat, releasing my grip from him. Doojoon slumped onto the floor, a defeated look crossing his face.

"Well damnit Jun, what am I supposed to feel?" He cursed, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I don't know, Doojoon. I really don't." I soothed, sinking down next to the older and putting my arm over his shoulders.

"I can't just sit here and do nothing though, Junhyung. My dongsaeng has been beat up."

"I know."

"And he was almost killed."

"I know"

"And by who? His sister?"

"I know"

"What kind of family is that? Families don't kill each other."

"I know."

"And damnit! I need to do something about it!"

"Doojoon-hyung..." Dongwoon's sweet, gentle voice brought us out of our trance. Doojoon looked up at the younger. Dongwoon's arms were outstretched, Kikwang silent beside him. "Come here." And Doojoon complied, standing up from where he was sitting and making his way over to Dongwoon's bedside. Dongwoon put his arms around his hyung, letting Doojoon relax into his embrace. The two stayed like that, silent, for what seemed like forever. The bond that those two had forged in all those years together in the compound, together longer than even us three had been, showed in those few moments of silence.

"Dongwoon-ah... I just don't know anymore..." Doojoon finally admitted, and Dongwoon reassuringly patted the older's back.

"I know. And hyung?"

"Mm?"

"Gomawo."

"For what?"

"For caring." Dongwoon replied simply, and Doojoon playfully smacked the younger on the forehead. A pout formed on Dongwoon's face as he held the place where Doojoon had hit him. "Yah! Hyung! What was that for?" Dongwoon whined, rubbing the spot Doojoon hit.

"For being cheesy. Of course I'll care about my dongsaeng. Dongwoon, I've known you for my entire life practically. I'd be crazy not to care." Doojoon scolded, and Dongwoon stuck his tongue out at his hyung. I tried to hold back a laugh at the twos childishness despite what was happening to them. A knocking came at the door, and a nurse with bright orange hair poked her head it.

"Son Dongwoon-ssi? The Doctor will see you now." The nurse piped up in a way too cheery voice. Her gaze glanced around the room, a frown on her face. "I'm sorry, but only Son Dongwoon-ssi and his owner, Lee Kikwang-ssi are allowed in the room at this time. Visiting hours are now over. We'll call you up later when he's ready to be picked up."

We all nodded, and Doojoon patted Dongwoon once more on the head. Yoseob slung his arm through Doojoon's, and the couple walked out of the room. My own red-headed beauty waltzed over to me, his hand outstretched and searching for mine. I gladly took his hand and he dragged me out of the room. On our way out, though, I bumped into the doctor. I muttered an apology, but it was cut short as Hyunseung dragged me out of the room until we caught up to Doojoon and Yoseob. Both of the men were unusually quiet, especially Yoseob.

Only when we got out to Hyunseung's car did it strike me how strange two things had been.

The first was that Dongwoon's doctor, a supposed professional, had bright blue hair.

The second one, and this one even more puzzling than the first, was how quiet Kikwang had been throughout Dongwoon's story.

And how knowing he seemed about it all too.

---Hyunseung POV

The next morning came. Doojoon and Yoseob had decided it'd be best to spend the night, though I think it was mainly that Yoseob wanted to keep us all near. I pried my eyes open, and found myself laying in the arms of my purple-haired angel. I smiled at his peaceful sleeping face, cherising the calmness I found in it that was usually void during the day. He moved a little in his sleep, and I simply cuddled deeper into his chest, wanting this all to be over. Wanting everything to be normal again.

If only we'd met before the wars...

I was jolted out of bed by the sound of my phone ringing. I scrambled over to the table, grabbing my phone. I glanced down to see Junhyung beginning to wake up and cursed mentally at whoever was calling before answering the phone.

"Yoboseyo?"

"A-ah! Hyunseung-hyung?" Kikwang's voice came through the phone.

"Kiki? What's wrong?" I asked, and my question caused the purple-haired man next to me to frown in concern.

"N-nothing!" Liar. "Dongwoon-ah just got released. I'm going to drive him over to your house, araso?"

"Mm. Yoseob and Doojoon are here already." We bid our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. I groaned, bringing my knees up to my chest and hugging them close and I shut my eyes. I felt Junhyung's arms go around me, and I let myself relax into them.

"What's wrong?" I merely shook my head, pushing away from Junhyung before turning to face him. I took in all of his facial features, one by one. Memorizing the face I'd loved for so long. I took in the defined jaw line, the plump lips, the high cheekbones, the slanted eyes, the gentle curve of his eyebrows. I took it all in, one by one. Admiring how everything seemed to be perfectly in its place, how everything melded together into one beautiful masterpiece. A beautiful masterpiece I could call my own. I leaned in and placed my lips on his cheek, before kissing the other cheek. A smirk found its way onto Junhyung's face as he carassed my hand. "What~ Tell me, Hyunseung-ah."

"I was just thinking of how lucky I am to be able to call Yong Jaesoon mine." I murmured, taking his hand in my and kissing each of his fingers. I felt a chuckle shake his body as he pulled his hand away. I let out a little whine, reaching for his hand. Junhyung stuck his tongue out at me, keeping his hand away from my reach. I pouted, falling back onto his chest and hitting it lightly. His arms came up around me, and the small act of his affection caused me to smile. We laid like that for a few minutes, not speaking. The only noise in the room was the silent pitter-patter of the rain falling on the windowsill.

A knocking sounded at my door, and I saw a sleepy Yoseob standing in the doorway. Doojoon wasn't next to him, probably still asleep.

"Hyung... I'm hungry..." Yoseob yawned, and I chuckled at my dongsaeng. I pecked Junhyung once more on the cheek before getting out of the bed. Yoseob's  hand curled around mine as I led him out of my room and down the stairs. I let him sit down on the kitchen counter as I took out pancake mix and some eggs. "Hyung..." Yoseob began, looking at me in the eyes. "Do you think Kiki's okay? He was really quiet yesterday, and I'm worried about him. What if he wants to go out and kill whoever did this to Dongwoonie? I don't want Kiki to become a murderer. And what if Dongwoon never gets better? What if none of us ever get better? Hyung, I-"

"Yoseobie." I interrupted the younger. "He'll be fine."

"But how do I know that, Hyung?"

"You have to believe in our Kiki."

"But he was so silent yesterday... Hyung... I'm scared."

"We're all scared Seobie... We're all scared." I whispered, and Yoseob's hand went around mine. I sighed, flipping the eggs over and letting the simmering of it fill the room. Footsteps descended my stairs, and I watched as Yoseob jumped down from the counter and threw his arms around Doojoon. I smiled at the two, glad they'd finally gotten together. My own lover waltzed into the kitchen seconds later and I felt his arms go around my waist. Junhyung nuzzled his chin into my neck as I spread the food onto six plates. He grabbed my plate and his, Doojoon mirroring his actions for himself and Yoseob. Junhyung led me to my couch, patting for me to sit next to him. I did so, slowly munching on the food in front of me.

The door opened, and in walked Kikwang and Dongwoon. Yoseob bounced up from where he sat on Junhyung's lap, scurrying over to Kikwang.

"Hyung..." Kikwang smiled, his smile and eyes sad as Yoseob fretted over him. "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Yoseob asked, now scurrying over to Dongwoon. "What about you Woonie?"

"I'm fine too, Hyung." Dongwoon smiled, ruffling the shorter's hair.

My phone vibrated. I took the object out of my pocket, my blood running cold as I saw a text message coming from a dead man's phone number. I felt my body freeze, my eyes meeting everyone's in the room as I shakily opened the message. Junhyung gasped from behind me, and I felt the phone drop out of my hands and onto the floor.

"There is a traitor amongst you." It read.

"Sorry, Hyunseung."

And I felt the cold metal of a gun against my forehead.

 

a/n: I hope you enjoyed this update~ My lovely readers, I've made you wait too long again ne? ^^; Mian~

Remember to comment on who you think the traitor is~ It could suprise you! ^^

I love you all~ <33 Expect another update soon, since I'm on break now.