Secrets

You are Mine

---Doojoon POV

I slammed open another door, cursing as the room I'd found proved to be empty. Damnit. Where the hell did those guys go? I'd gotten seperated from Yoseob, Hyunseung and Kikwang. We'd entered together, but . Somehow we split up. I pulled out my phone, cursing at the no service that continued to flash on the screen, alerting me of what I already knew. I reached an intersection, two ways to choose. One way was lit by candles while the other was was pitch dark. I groaned, mentally cursing myself for losing Yoseob as I ran through the pitch dark hallway. My footsteps echoed off the walls, the darkness closing in on me as I ran away from the semi-lit corridor I'd previously been running through. I reached the end of the corridor, a single door located to the left. Reaching for the doorknob, I swung the door open.

"Yoseob?!"  I yelled, noticing a figure in the room stationed behind a desk, their back turned to me. "Yoseob??" I tried again, not able to see very well in the darkness. "Yoseob...?" I knew it wasn't Yoseob by the way the figure turned to face me, his shoulders too relaxed. Yoseob never would've been this relaxed in a situation such as this. He hated the darkness, hated being alone even more. "Who the hell are you?" I growled, reaching down onto my waistband and clamping my hand on the handle of the gun Hyunseung had provided me with. "Answer me!" I loaded a bullet into place, my finger on the trigger.

"Joonie... You make me so sad when you're mean to me."

The voice. That voice. His voice.

The sound of it sent shivers through my spine, the chill reaching my soul. My heart pounded in my ears as I watched the figured bend over, striking a match and illuminating the darkness a little bit. The sad, sick smile was plastered on his face as he lit a candle sitting on the desk in front of him. He lit three more candles, the darkness a little less now as he blew the match out. I watched as he motioned for me to sit down, but I refused to budge. Instead I fired off a bullet, just missing his head by an inch or two and clicked another bullet into place, this time leveling it with his head. Key tsked at my action, standing up, his chair creaking against the floor as it slid out. He walked around and perched on the edge of the desk, revealing his own gun which he drew from a desk drawer. He caressed the object, placing it on the desk next to him.

"Doojoonie. Why do you look so angry? You used to be happy whenever you would see me." Key sighed, crossing his arms in front of him and flipping the bleached bangs out of his eyes.

"Where's Yoseob?" I growled out, taking one step closer to Key who had a knowing smile playing on his face.

"What, you blame me for splitting you guys up?" Key asked nonchalantly, now looking at his nails, seemingly uninterested in the matter at hand.

"Yes. Now where the is Yoseob?" I stated once more, my voice firmer than I felt.

"Shouldn't you be more worried about your dongsaengs? What were there names... Oh right! Junhyung and Dongwoon? I hope my goons haven't disposed of them yet... Now that wouldn't be much fun for me, now would it?"

I took the few meters that seperated us in two strides and punched Key clearly across the jaw. His eyes widened in shock and he lost his balance, knocking a candle over, the flames the papers scattered on the ground. Key lifted a hand, still in denial I had struck him. "Y-you..." He mouthed, standing up and grabbing the gun off the table, bringing the barrel of it cleanly across my own face. "You arrogant little bastard! How dare you lay a finger on me? I was the one who made you who you are today, Doojoon. Don't you ing remember that? How could you forget, Doojoon? I thought what we had was special-"

"And what the hell was special about it, Kibum?" I fired back, my voice raising as I took a step back away from him, my arms laying limp at my sides. "We had nothing, Kibum. We never had anything together! You needed an inside man, and that's who I was! I never was anything more than a toy to you, someone you used to relieve stress or fufill your needs and desires! If you ever thought I was something more, I'm sorry to break it to you, Kibum. I wasn't. I never felt anything." I screamed at him, flinging my gun across the room as I spoke. 

"Stop lying!" Key retorted, bringing his hands up to his head and clenching his hair with his fists. "Stop it, Yoon Doojoon! It's not good to lie!" He screamed again, his voice becoming more and more deranged.

"I'm not lying!"

"Stop it! Shut up shut up shut up!"

"I'm not-"

"SHUT UP!"

"KIBUM!"

"STOP LYING!"

"KIBUM, I NEVER LOVED YOU AND I NEVER WILL." 

The world seemed to slow for a moment. Tears I didn't know had welled up in Key's eyes began falling, hysterical sobs escaping the boys body. "N-n-no..." He whispered, shaking his head, still in denial. "N-no!" He stated a bit more firmly this time, reaching for the gun on the table. "You're lying, right?" He said, shaking his head and taking the gun in between his hands, his fingers trembling as they clapsed over the handle of the gun. "Y-you never were a good liar..." He mused again, holding the gun in front of him and standing back on his feet. "S-s-s-s" His stuttering returned, a flame flickering in his eyes as denial turned to pure rage, his arm snapping up and the gun shaking in his hand as he pulled the trigger. "STOP LYING!"

The bullet whizzed past my head, as I dove for the ground, cursing myself for tossing my gun earlier. Key continued to fire off bullets, but he wasn't in the best mental state currently, to my luck. I found my gun finally and fired off three shots, Key's sillouhete illuminated by the flames which had grown larger. Another candle had been knocked over, the fire up more and more pages scattered around the room. Our gunfire continued for another minute, both of us apparently having horrible aim, unable to hit the other. I crouched behind an overturned couch, holding my hand against my beating heart. I took a deep breath, reaching into a pocket for more bullets.

None.

I searched another pocket.

Empty.

.

Looks like this is going to be a fist-fight now.

I listened, hearing Key's endless muttering, him throwing his own gun to the ground, obviously fresh out of bullets as well. I listened as the scuffling of his steps grew more distant, and counted to thirty after I couldn't hear them anymore. I crouched out of my hiding spot, immediately being thrown back down and assaulted by a fury of fists on my chest. I craned my neck to get a better look at my assailant, cursing once more when I recognized Key's face. I thought he'd left already.

Guess I was out of practice.

I struggled against Key's fists, able to block most of his attacks now that I'd gotten used to where he was going for. I grabbed onto one of his wrists as he went for a strike to my neck, locking his wrist behind his head. He screamed, using the other hand to claw at my face, begging for me to let go. I brought my knee up, it connecting as he doubled over in pain. I struggled to my feet, grabbing Key's other wrist which was flailing about and pinning both of them behind his back. I smirked as I saw his mouth open in an unheard scream. Placing my foot against his back, I pushed against the back, and heard one of his arms pop and crack as I did so. He let out another blood-curddling scream, kicking out with his feet and making me lose my grip on him.

I stumbled to my knees, and watched as Key turned to me, his eyes filled with terror and his hand curled around his left arm which hung at an awkward angle. "You bastard!" He shrieked, reaching into his shirt pocket and pulling out a switchblade. "You'll pay for that Doojoon." He got to his feet as I got to mine, and he lunged towards me, aiming for my throat. "You'll pay for breaking my arm Doojoon." He cried, slashing out at me. I felt the blade knick my shoulder, a slight pain searing through it. "You'll pay for your sins, Doojoon!" He continued to yell at me as he brought the knife down. His arm turned to stab me in the side but I grabbed his wrist moments before it connected. Our eyes connected, his filled with loss and mine filled with hatred. "You'll pay for never loving me..." He finally whispered, one more tear escaping as he said it.

If he hadn't tried to kill me and my best friends, I would've almost felt sorry for the guy.

But I didn't.

I was able to wrestle the knife out of his grip, overpowering the younger and distraught man in a matter of seconds. He cried out as he fell to the floor, the knife skidding across the floor. His eyes flashed in fear as he scrambled to get the knife, but I was quicker than him. I stepped on his wrist as his fingers brushed the knife's handle, preventing him from grabbing it. I leaned down slowly, grabbing the knife by its handle, holding it gingerly between my fingers. I brought my knee down on Key's chest, watching as he struggled to get a breath of air. The metal of the knife glinted gently in the flickering flames, its handle fitting perfectly into the palm of my hand. I placed it gently against Key's neck, not hard enough to draw blood though.

"Do it." he spat at me, finally relenting and giving up. Tears streamed down his face, loss fresh in his eyes as he spoke. "Kill me already, Yoon Doojoon! You want to right?"

I did want to kill him. I made my way to press the knife into the throat, slitting it and ending his life.

"Doojoon-ah!!!"

The voice I wanted to hear cut through my trance, sending butterflies through my stomach and making my heart soar. I froze, my hand just moments away from ending Key's life.

"Kill me, Doojoon!" Key yelled, now thrasing underneath me, wanting his death to come quick.

"Doojoon!!" I heard him call out again, followed by a cry of pain as I heard the cracking of flames.

"Kill me!!"

"Doojoon!"

"Do it!"

"Doojoonie!!"

I didn't kill him.

I let the knife fall out of my hand, the sound of it hitting the ground audible over the burning in the room. I felt fresh tears make their marks on my face, my shoulders racking with silent sobs. "I won't kill you, Kibum. I'm not on the same level as you. I don't kill to get my way." I stood up, kicking the knife away into the smoke. Key's eyes were glistening with tears, but I didn't want to see his face when he perished. I walked away, hearing him calling after me as I did so. Yoseob ran into my arms, his small body crushing mine, his arms strong as he called me stupid over and over, telling me he would never let me out of his sight, the younger boy peppering my face, arms, everywhere with kisses. He let go, realizing we were standing in a burning room all of a sudden and made a dash for the exit, pulling me along with him. I stood by the doorway, Yoseob already safely through, the cries of Key still audible through the flames.

"But I don't have to save you either."

And I left.

---No One's POV

A pair of emerald eyes watched as the six boys exited the building, the purple-haired one carrying the red-haired one, the orange-head being carried by big black-haired one, and the final two trailing a few steps behind, their hands intertwined. The stranger in the shadows, the one with eyes the color of emerald, lifted his camera, snappiing photos of the boys exiting, the flaming building, and the figures that left out the other exit as well. His camera continued snapping photos, freezing this moment forever in his memory. He pocketed the camera, smiling as he ran a perfectly-manicured hand through a head of blue hair, turning away from the building on fire, tightening his red coat around him. The leaves crunched underneath his boots, the fog of night finally rolling in.

The cold night air seemed to swallow the stranger whole as he descended farther into the forest.

 

a/n: Another chapter~ Sorry for the lack of KiWoon and DooSeob. >> I'll try to get them in more~ Did you enjoy the chapter? Any idea who the stranger is? ^^ First one to guess right gets a gold star. Remember to comment and suscribe~ Also, a special thanks to Beautiful Remains for my beautiful new poster~ Thank you for reading~! Next update will be Thursday or Friday~!