The Boy Lying Motionless

You are Mine

---Junhyung POV

I watched as Hyunseung carried an unconscious Yoseob upstairs. The younger boy’s face was tear-streaked and his eyes were puffy. I sighed, collapsing onto the couch and looking over to see Kikwang sitting at the island in kitchen. His head was resting in his hand and his eye were closed, his free hand drumming aimlessly on the counter. Dongwoon hovered near him, his hand on Kikwang’s back, making small circles in futile attempts to comfort the older boy. I sighed, shoving a pillow over my head and groaned into the pillow.

“Junhyung-ah… Do you think we’ll be able to get Doojoon back?” Kikwang’s voice came through the pillow, and I removed it from my face to see him turned in his chair towards me.

“I don’t know…” I replied, placing a hand on my forehead and sitting up.

“Hyung… Let’s tell Kikwang what Doojoon left out…” Dongwoon offered from where he was sitting behind Kikwang.

“Mmm.” I agreed, settling back into the couch and crossing my arms over my chest. “You see, the last year when Doojoon did more for Key than just distribute drugs inside the compound, he had a boyfriend at the time. His name was Jonghyun. I still remember the day that Jonghyun came to visit Doojoon in the compound. It was one of the few days that Key didn’t come. Doojoon left his cell around nine in the morning, and he returned at night. Both of his eyes were black, and he had cuts all over his body. His back looked like it had been whipped mercilessly. He had a bullet wound in his left shoulder. He looked like complete . When Dongwoon and I asked him what happened, he simply replied Jonghyun. I think that was the day that Doojoon really realized that he had to get out of Key’s circle. I have this gut feeling that Jonghyun realized that Key wanted Doojoon to be his again. Dongwoon, I swear. If Jonghyun does anything to hurt Doojoon…” I bit my fist to keep the words that I wanted to say from coming out.

I remembered the fear in Doojoon’s eyes when he returned that day. His eyes had lost all their light that day. They were so guarded, so afraid. He looked so lost when he returned. He was broken that day. I’m not sure he’s ever healed from those scars, honestly. All I know for sure is that no human should ever have that fear in their eyes. The look that was in Doojoon’s eyes, it wasn’t human. I swear… If that bastard dares hurt Doojoon…

“Hyung, I feel the same way.” Dongwoon’s words brought me out of my trance, and I looked up at the younger boy. “But… What about Yoseob-ah? How do you think he feels?”

I turned my head to the stairs, and I let a sigh escape my lips. Poor Yoseob… He had to watch this all go down. I wonder how he’s feeling…

---Hyunseung POV

I carried Yoseob up to my room, laying him down on the bed and pulling the covers up over him. I brushed his hair out of his face, a sweat lining his brow. I walked into the bathroom and grabbed a towel, wetting it with cold water before returning to Yoseob. I placed the towel on his forehead, soaking up the sweat and to keep the younger boy cool. A crease formed between his eyebrows. I placed my finger on the crease, smoothing it out. If you didn’t know any better, you would think he was perfectly fine and just having a bad dream. I could only imagine what sort of dreams he was having around now… If something ever happened to Junhyung, I wouldn’t be able to rest until he was back in my arms, safe.

“Hyung…” Yoseob’s voice was soft, his eyes half open as he looked up at me. He gripped the sheets that covered him tighter, his knuckles turning white. I placed a hand over his hands, wanting to somehow alleviate the pain he was feeling.

“Yes?” I asked, keeping my voice low as not to startle the younger boy.

“What… What if he doesn’t come back?” His voice was merely a whisper, a mix of fear and pain flashing in his eyes. He looked up to me, his eyes searching mine for some sort of answer.

“He’ll come back. We’ll get him back, Yoseob. I promise. I promise to you, we will get Doojoon back.” I assured him, but his eyes told me that he wasn’t convinced that we would be able to get him back.

“Hyung… How did Junhyung save you from Jiyong?” Yoseob asked, tears now b his eyes as he spoke. I felt a flash of pain shoot through me at the memory of Jiyong. I bit my lip, letting myself relive the day.

“I called to him…” I murmured, reaching over to tap Yoseob on the forehead. “From here.” I moved my hand down to his heart, tapping that as well. “And from here.” I rested my hand on his heart and took his right hand, lightly touching the ring that was on it. “Remember? We technically own them, Yoseob. We can command them from this ring. Try calling out to Doojoon. He may reply with where he is, or what he can see from where he is.” Yoseob nodded at my words, his eyelids growing heavy and eventually closing. When I was certain he was asleep, I exited the room, closing the door behind me and descending the stairs.

“Your back.” My boyfriend’s voice carried to my ears from where he sat on the couch, a sad smile on his face as I entered. I walked over to him and sat next to him, his arms automatically encircling my waist. He lightly kissed the top of my head and I nuzzled closer into him. “How’s Yoseob?” His voice carried to my ears and I repositioned my head so that I could look him in the eyes.

“He woke up for a few minutes, but then he dozed off. Hopefully he can get a few hours of sleep…” I replied, closing my eyes and letting myself lay there for a few seconds. I pushed off of Junhyung’s chest, remaining next to him as I looked over to Kikwang. His eyes met mine, unspoken words between us filling the silence. “Kikwang-ah…” I began, my eyes level with his. “What are we going to do?”

His shoulders slumped and his head dropped into his hands. “I honestly have no clue. The only thing we know is that Doojoon was probably taken by this guy named Jonghyun, Key’s extremely jealous boyfriend.” Kikwang stated, a sigh in his voice. “I don’t know what were going to do, Hyunseung. I honestly have no clue.” I sighed, leaning back into Junhyung, needing the comfort he gave me. I jolted upright as I heard the pounding of footsteps from upstairs and as they descended the stairs. Yoseob stood at the bottom of the stairs, his orange hair sticking up everywhere and his eyes wide. He made eye contact with everyone in the room, his mouth opening to speak.

“I know where he is. I know where Doojoon is.”

---Doojoon POV

“Jonghyun.” I whispered, the feeling of the whip cracking across my back flashing through my mind. I shivered at the memory, my eyes turning to slits as I stared at the smaller boy across the room. His black hair was spiked up everywhere, his muscles showing through the black wife-beater he was wearing. He had his feet up on the table, them covered in black combat boots. I saw a gun poking out of one of the boots. His earrings glinted in the dimmed light, a permanent scowl fixed upon his face. Three men stood behind him, each with a scowl set on their faces.

“Doojoon. We meet again.” That voice. I hated that voice with everything I had. I raised my eyes to meet his, full of hatred for me.

“Why did you bring me here?” It was hard to keep my voice from shaking after what that bastard did to me, but somehow I was able to keep my voice steady as I spoke.

“You know why I brought you here.” His voice was full of ice. He uncrossed his feet, standing up. The scrape of the chair against the concrete floor echoed throughout the room. He walked over to where I sat, his hand coming up and grabbing my chin roughly, turning my face to his. He drew his mouth into a deeper scowl, throwing my head to the side. I bit my lip to keep from groaning, as bruises were forming around my neck. “I don’t even understand why the hell Key would want someone like yourself. You’re not that great. Why can’t Key even see that? He’s so dense at times. It can piss the hell outta me.” He kicked my chair, causing it to scoot a few inches to the left.

“I don’t even want Key, Jonghyun. I sincerely hate Key with everything I am.” I stated, my hands working at the ropes that held them together. I felt the impact of Jonghyun’s palm connecting with my face, the sting of the slap coursing through my face.

“You do realize that insulting Key is the one thing I hate more than you, Yoon Doojoon? I don’t care who the hell you are. You do not insult Key.” He spat the words at me, hatred in each one.

I scoffed at his words, turning my face so my eyes were level with his once more. “Didn’t your precious Key dump you for me?” I knew the words would hit a soft spot in Jonghyun, so that’s probably the exact reason I said them.

I should have never said those words.

The force of my head slamming against the concrete almost drew me out of consciousness. I felt two pairs of hands grabbing onto my legs, pulling my body off the chair I was attached to. I felt them lift me up and slam me onto the table. A knife dragged across my left thigh, a trail of blood leaking onto the table below me. I bit down on my tongue to prevent myself from crying out in pain. I tasted blood from my tongue, and the knife was tossed away from my leg, and I felt the force of fists pounding into my stomach. The fists pounded relentlessly, and I felt myself being thrown from the table.

“Screw this . I’m finishing him, right here.” I saw the gun in Jonhyung’s hand. I laid helplessly on the ground as he pulled the trigger. I squeezed my eyes, praying for the death to be slow.

The bullet never hit me. I heard a body falling down next to me, and I opened my eyes, my mouth hanging open and my eyes watering up as I looked at the boy lying motionless in front of me. I opened my mouth, an unhuman noise coming out of it. I felt the tears come out of my eyes as I regained my voice. The name I never wanted to scream out came out of my mouth. The boy I never wanted to see with a bullet in them lying a few feet in front of me.

“YOSEOB!!!”

 

a/n: Did you like the update? Do you hate this author now for having Yoseob shot? Next chapter will be out soon~ Please anticipate it now~!