Screaming

You are Mine

 

---Hyunseung POV

"Kikwang."

I stared down the barrel of the gun, my eyes locking with the holder of it. Kikwang's eyes were gaurded, as to not betray his emotions. I was able to see though. Calmness found its way through me instead of the immense fear I felt I should have been feeling. I heard him click the safety of the gun out of place, my eyes fluttering closed. I should've known Kikwang would've been the one to end up betraying us all. He's always been so distant, so unattached from Yoseob and I. And ever since Dongwoon's incident a week ago he's been so quiet, so reserved. His lips have been sealed shut by the weight of the secret he had on his shoulders.

If only I'd known before.

I felt Junhyung's arms go around my waist as he managed to maneuver us on the couch so that I was behind him. Doojoon sprang up from where he'd been sitting and grabbed Kikwang by the arms, pulling him away from me. Kikwang, stronger than he looks, easily flipped Doojoon over his back and turned the gun on him, clicking a bullet into place and firing.

Blood painted the walls red as the bullet lodged its way into Doojoon's shoulder. I watched in terror as Yoseob ran over to his lover's side. He placed a hand on the wound, the scarlet liquid engulfing his hand.

"You bastard..." Junhyung growled, standing up in front of me and charging towards Kikwang.

Time seemed to slow for a while as I watched in horror. Junhyung and Kikwang grappled for control of the gun, Junhyung's fist connecting cleanly with the side of Kikwang's jaw. Kikwang stumbled back a few steps, blood spotting his lips and chin. He charged Junhyung, bringing the barrel of the gun down onto Junhyung's head. The crack of bone sent shivers down my spine. I felt the tears begin to fall as Junhyung crumbled to the ground, blood flowing from the top of his head. Kikwang smirked, bringing the gun slowly back towards him. The clicking of the bullet into place filled the now silent room, and he held the gun out steadily to Junhyung's forehead.

"Y'know... It would've been so much easier if yo-"

"I'll go!" I screamed in panic, running from where Junhyung had hid me.

"Hyunseung, get out of here!" Junhyung screamed in panic.

"I'll go, Kikwang. Just... Don't hurt him..." I whispered the last line as I fell next to Junhyung, wrapping my arms around him.

"What'd you say? I couldn't hear you." Kikwang taunted, still holding the gun dangerously close to Junhyung's head.

"I'll go..."

"Hyunseung, no. Stop. Baby, please. Just get out of here."

"What'd you say, Hyunseung?"

"I said I'll go, Lee Kikwang! Now get that goddamn gun away from my boyfriends head!" I shouted, trembling as I cried into Junhyung's shoulder. Kikwang scoffed, but he finally dropped the gun and returned it to the waistband of his pants.

"Hyunseung, please-"

"No Jun. I won't let you get hurt." I felt like my heart was being ripped into two as I stood up from my bleeding lover. His blood now stained parts of my shirt. Pain, loss, and betrayal played in his eyes as I walked towards Kikwang. I turned to face Junhyung as I listened to Kikwang retrieve the gun from his waistband. The cold metal of the gun pressed against the small of my back, but I was able to hear the silent click of Kikwang turning the safety lock on the gun. That silent click sparked a small ignition of hope in me, but the small spark was immediately extinguished. I didn't need to get my hopes up for Kikwang. 

Not anymore.

"Junhyung... I love you..."

The metal pressed harder against my back as Kikwang paraded me out of the room. Junhyung began screaming, shouting, yelling. He screamed for Dongwoon to stop Kikwang, but Dongwoon had already fallen, defeated by the sheer levity of the situation. He screamed for Doojoon to do something, but Doojoon had already been put out of commision by the bullet that was lodged in his shoulder. The desperate boy even screamed for the petite Yoseob to help me, but Yoseob was in his own world, knelt beside Doojoon who was drifting in and out of conciousness.

Junhyung screamed.

He screamed for Kikwang to stop.

He screamed for me to run away.

He screamed for everyone to do something.

He screamed so long, that his words became simple incoherent sounds.

He simply...

Screamed.

---Kikwang POV

A few hours had passed since we'd left Hyunseung's house. A few hours had passed since I shot my hyung in the shoulder. A few hours had passed since I'd left my best friend kneeling by his bleeding lover. A few hours had passed since I'd left my heart at Hyunseung's house, broken and old. A few hours had passed since the old me died, since I'd become a monster. A few hours had passed since I'd found myself obliged to fufill a promise I'd made to a devil long ago.

A few hours had passed.

A few hours.

A few hours had passed since I'd broken Dongwoon's heart.

And that fact was the one that hurt me the most.

---

I took a shaky breath in as I stood outside the seemingly innocent coffee house. Customers inside, real customers, milled about their mundane lifes, blissfully unaware of the hardships that hid beneath the scenes. I watched as they typed on their computers, sipped their coffees, laughed and joked about. Their rings glistened on their right hands, none of those inside wearing it on their left hands. Of course none of them would be the ones wearing rings on their left hands. Pets weren't even allowed near these sort of establishments. I took another shaky breath, readjusting my sunglasses and pulling my hat further down my face. Unwanted trouble would ensue if someone was to find out who I was. Everyone wanted to know Lee Kikwang, one of the richest in Seoul.

Too bad I'd left Lee Kikwang behind the moment I fufilled my promise to the devil.

The doors easily slid open as I pushed on them. A few curious glances raised my way as I entered, but none continued looking for more than a couple of seconds. I scurried up towards the cash register, and the cashier smiled up at me. The ring on her right hand glistened, the nametag "Hyuna" shining in the florescent lights of the cafe.

"Hi~ Welcome to Cafe de la Lune~ May I take your order?" The smile plastered on her face was too large, too fake. I slipped the sunglasses off of my face, and the smile faltered for a second. I watched as she dropped her hands from the register and reached under the counter, searching for the button. My ears heard the slight click as she found the button.

"I'm here to fufill my promise to the devil." I whispered, keeping my gaze low.

"What are you doing here, Kikwang? TOP told us. Never come to the front. It might blow our cover."

"Well TOP has never been leader, has he?"

"Kikwang, you've been gone for years! Someone had to take over!"

"What, so TOP ousted my father?"

"No! Your father walked away years ago!"

"Then the spot should still be open, right?"

"Technically yes. But-"

"No buts, Hyuna. That button you pressed-"

"What button?"

"Don't play coy, Hyuna. It doesn't suit you. That button. It was to alert TOP, right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Shut up. I'm leaving." I placed a small package on the counter, leaning over and tapping Hyuna lightly on the shoulder. "Keep up the good work, Hyuna." I replaced my glasses, turning on my heel and beginning to leave the coffee house, but stopped mid-stride. "Oh, and Hyuna?" I heard her gulp from behind me. "Wipe the fear out of your eyes. It doesn't suit you."

And I left the coffee house.

---

Silence ensued in the car ride to the actual place I'd be taking Hyunseung. He sat motionless, tears that wouldn't fall pricking the corners of his eyes. It broke my heart to see Hyunseung like this. It broke my heart to know our history, and still making him like this. I dared another look in his direction, to find his dead, motionless eyes boring into mine. He made a motion with his hands, one I was unable to intepret. His mouth opened, but he closed it immediately, returning to his state of simply staring out the window. I wanted nothing more than to take back all the events of the day, to tell him I'm sorry. To beg for Hyunseung's forgiveness, to have him be my loving hyung once again.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't because I sold my soul to the devil.

The car slowed to a stop, and I stepped outside of the car. Hyunseung stayed seated until I walked around and waited for the driver to open it up for him. The driver did so, and Hyunseung stepped out. I immediately ceased the oppurtunity to handcuff his hands behind his back. Hyunseung made no sound as I pushed the barrel of the gun into his back. He simply let me lead him through the sliding glass doors. The receptionist at the desk raised her eyes, but immediately dropped them when she recognized me holding a gun to the back of the richest son in Seoul. I pushed Hyunseung along, him still silent.

The elevator ride seemed longer thatn It'd ever been. The lights, already blinding as they were, seemed to blind me today more than usual. The guards stood by the doors, silent as ever. Hyunseung stood motionless next to me, his dead eyes boring into mine through our reflection in the mirror. His eyes were full of emotion, and had lost all their light. The judgement in them stripped me of all emotion, leaving me open. The way he looked at me, full of judgement and loss, left me open. The way he stared into my eyes kept me broken, kept me regretting the promise I'd made long ago.

The way he looked at me reminded me of the way my father always looked at me.

The disappointment in them the exact same.

The elevator finally slowed to a stop, the doors sliding open. I put the gun back into my waistband as the guards led Hyunseung into a room at the end of the hall. I followed, sitting across the table from where they sat Hyunseung.

He didn't look at me.

Instead, he looked through me.

His eyes probed me, judged me, analyzed me.

The reflection of me in his eyes was one I didn't recgonize.

The way that he looked at me, the way that he judged me, it was too much to handle. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Kikwang." I froze and  turned towards the voice of Hyunseung.

"What do you want?" My voice was weaker than I'd wanted it to be.

"Did you seriously forget?" I didn't hyung... I promise.

"Forget about what?"

"Seriously? You've already forgotten?" Please... You're making me feel worse...

"I seriously have no clue what you're talking about." Hyunseung simply scoffed, looking away from me. Before he looked away, I saw an emotion flash through his eyes. Pain?

"I guess it wasn't that important to you."

I needed to get out of here, fast.

"Remember your place, Lee Kikwang."

I didn't bother looking at Hyunseung anymore, knowing if I stayed there any longer I'd begin bawling and run into his lap. I'd beg for his forgiveness, tell him how stupid I was, tell him how sorry I was. I'd tell him to take me back, take me back to the person I was before all this. I'd beg him to forgive me, I'd beg all of them to forgive me.

I'd beg Dongwoon to forgive me...

I through the door of my room open, slamming it behind me. I felt my legs go weak underneath me, my knees beginning to give out on me. I managed to make it to the edge of my bed before I finally collapsed. I struggled with all my might to get up onto the bed, my arms shaking as I made my way onto the bed. My head was screaming, my mind was screaming, my legs were screaming. Everything was screaming. All my thoughts, my promise to the devil, my promise to Hyunseung. Everything was screaming, trying to find its own way to get out but colliding with everything else in the process. I wanted to let it all come out. I wanted to cry. I wanted to forget this monster I'd become. I wanted to be free.

And so I screamed.

a/n: How long did I make you wait this time? .-. I'm so sorry all my lovely readers~!!! I didn't mean to procrastinate this much. >> I'm so bad. Ugh. And I only dish out this? Sorry guys~ I love you all still though~ <3 Comments are loved, lots~ 

In all honesty, I wanted to make Junnie the traitor, but I didn't want angsty Junseung for this fic at this time...

Anyways, I love you all~! <3 Bye~