Chapter 9

Like A Dream

Seoul, Spring 2009

“What about the present? Is grandmother happy to see that?”, Hyerim said  to Hoya when she get in their car.  “Hmm...”, he just nodded.

“What about Sunggyu oppa?”, she asked him again. Today is his grandmother birthday party, and Sunggyu engagement party. They just have a family party, and Hyerim decided to bring both of them a present. She just so happy that his family accepted her as part as their family. And although she and Hoya didn’t married because of love, but because she’s pregnant, she finally found warmth of a family that she longed for.

Humm, okay... here it is.. Sunggyu hyung, there always Sunggyu hyung... Hoya started to annoyed as she asked him about Sunggyu. He actually didn’t want to acted cold like this to her, even from the first time he know that he would marry her. He just shocked to learned that suddenly he has to marry, with someone that he ‘hate’, and he would be a father, there’s just so much responsible, more than he ever wanted. He just 24, for God sake, and his family that always spoiled him, suddenly throw him with so many burden. As this morning, when they come, his grandmother continued to nagged him about what should he do with his life, and company, and Hyerim...

And for him, Hyerim is as just same. He know that she hate him, she agreed to marry him just because Sunggyu told him to along with his grandmother and aunt too. They like her, and she love them.

“Hoya-ssi...”, she nudged him. Hoya-ssi? Oh that’s right, Sunggyu hyung became Sunggyu oppa from Mr.Kim, but me...just Hoya-ssi, guess that better than Mr.Lee huh?

“What...!”, he glare to her...

“...”

“Are you mad with me?”, Hyerim actually confused to see him like that. She thought that after this three month of their marriage, they eventually reached a silent agreement to make peace at each other. It’s true that they hate each other from the beginning. She didn’t like him from the first time she looked him at Sunggyu office. But after a while, she knows that he’s not that bad. He is a nice person, actually. And she just thankful to him, to get her a family, although this is not the way she would choose if she can choosed. But here she is now, Mrs.Lee Howon, and she started to like it though, she likes the feeling for being a mother to be, she loved her baby that lived inside her, more and more each day. And although she had a hard time to confessed it to her self, she likes the feeling to have him as her husband. Sometimes he just cold toward her, it’s true, but she knows that many times in this three month he tried to take care of her.

Maybe she started to fall in love with him, in love with his cold appearance and childish behaviour, in love with his warmth heart, and his sweet smile.  There’s some times when he closed to her, and she felt like her heart bursting. She tried to tell herself that it’s just an hormon rather than a feeling. After all, these feeling will became her grave if she let it grows. They had an agreement before, that they will terminated this marriage in one year after their child born. She knows that he agreed to marry her because of his family push him to do that. And she also knows that he love someone else.

“No, I’m not...”, Hoya still didn’t want to look at her.

“But...”, she sigh,”It’s nothing then...” and looked at the window.

“What else this time....”, he shout at her,”Drama queen...”, he hissed.

“What?”, she looked at him, can’t believe what she heard.

“You...! What now ? Try to get pity from Grams and your Sunggyu oppa, huh?”

“What? I-I just don’t understand why suddenly you pick a fight with me like this...”

“Me...I’m not... curious about Sunggyu hyung eh? Then you asked him yourself... I bet you must be regret to get knocked off with me huh, you pick the wrong brother...!!” he spill his spiteful words to her, something in his mind that he always afraid of. “You should be happy to marry someone like me. A girl like you, a poor girl like you, to get marry with a wealthy family. But i guess you seduced the wrong guy, huh? The one you want is Sunggyu hyung, but the one that fall in your trap is me huh?”

“I’m not..!!”, tears already b in her eyes, “You know I’m not. I never have a thought to marry one of you. First, I never try to seduced you or Sunggyu oppa. Two, I already said that I’ll take care of this child on my own, I don’t even tell you to marry me...”, she yelled at him, but she started to feel hurt in her stomach.

“Yes, you don’t... But, you came to my Hyung and my grandmother, huh?”, he scoffed.

“Argh...”, Hyerim just close her eyes, her stomach is hurt, it’s not like the other hurt that she ever knew. She crumpled. This pain is unbearable.

Hoya heard her whimper, and when he saw her, he feels nothing but scared. “Hyerim-a...wae? What’s wrong...?”, he tried to reach her, but he didn’t see that he actually cross the wrong lane, and a truck hit their car.

...

“Sir...sir...”, a nurse tap Hoya,”Are you can hear me, Sir..?” Where am I? Ouch, my head....it’s hurt... Hyerim? Hyerim? What happened with her, where is she?

“My wife..! Where’s my wife?”, He suddenly sit and grabbed the nurse.

“Calmed down, sir. We should checked first is there’s something with you. You’re in hospital, you had an accident before.”, he started to examine him. “I’m fine..!! Where is my wife...! Tell me where is my wife..!!”

“Okay, okay, sir. Your wife is there, now you must calmed a little...”

Hoya look at the crowded beside her bed. He can’t see clearly, but they all looked tense. She cry, my Hyerim is crying, she strugling, why they hold her like that. He get up, not care about his head that like want to break, not notice the blood that seeps in his right hand.

“Sir...sir, we are try to stich your wound, can you please sit back...”, a nurse try to hold him, but he keep try to go to her.

“It’s okay...”, a doctor keep that nurse stay there, then he face Hoya,”Are you her husband?”

“Y-yes...I’m her husband. What’s wrong with my wife ?”, he asked the doctor.

“I’m sorry to tell you this, sir. But we need your consent...”, he looked at wriggle Hyerim,”Let’s go there..” and take Hoya further from Hyerim.

“W-what consent? What’s wrong? Tell me what happen, doctor...”,

“Your wife pregnancy.... we think that we can’t save him, the baby. When she arrived, the baby’s heartbeat is already unnoticed, and she had serious bleeding from her miscarriage...”

“W-what...”, he felt like his world crumbling. “We need your concent to do an operation, sir..”

“O-operation...”, he look at the doctor

“Yes, an operation. We must abort the baby, or else both of them can’t survive...”

“Both? B-oth of them?”

“Yes, if we don’t do that, i’m afraid that we can’t save the mother. She already loss a lot of blood now.”

“...”

“Sir, sir...I know you were sad now, but we need that consent as fast as possible, we need to operate her now.”

“Huh..? Hyerim-a... O-okay, doctor... Please, please save her. Don’t make me lose her...”, he plead the doctor. “I’ll do my best...”, he reassured him.

...

“No...no...”, Hyerim scream, she tried to release herself,”Don’t take my baby...”, she cried, she plead...

“Oppa...Hoya oppa...tell them... please don’t take our Eunji...”, she grab his hand. He can’t even talked to her, he just cry... Hyerim-a, I’m sorry...I’m very sorry... Eunji-a...appa, appa mianhae...

...


Long chapter....^^....

thanks 4 all those read, please comment....^^

just watch respond 1997, arghhhh my curiousity is killin' me, 2 more weeks to know who is sung si won husband is....><