Chapter 28

Like A Dream

Panda Cafe, Mangwon Dong

          “Eonnie ! It almost an hour from when he called, but why he’s not showed up yet?”, bored Bomi whining to her sister, gulped her second glass of iced cappucino. She nudged her to ask an answer.

          “Ya, how can I know that! You’re the one who wants to meet him, I’m not...”, she glared at her.

          Yookyung looked at Chorong, she didn’t realize it before, but when she observed her, she feels that her eonnie is a little bit different, she may looked sit still, but somehow, Yookyung realize, that Chorong somehow fidgeted everytime the door’s ring. Or how she nervously glanced to the window, or how she get blushed everytime they mentioned Woohyun’s name.

          “Eonn...”, right when she want to asked Chorong about Woohyun, that mentioned name already there, panting, sweating, but undeniably charming.

          “I’m sorry for late...”, he flashed his beautiful smile to them, but anyone can looked clearly that his eyes fixated only to one person. He wears a sky blue jumper with jeans, casual, simple , yet fashionable in the same time. For Yookyung suspected, he did try hard to pleased someone, and she thinks that he did succeed. She saw that Chorong agaped for a while when she looked at him. Before she laced it with her usual ignorance.

          “Ah, Woohyun-ssi? Still remember me? I’m Bomi, Chorong eonnie’s cousin, and this Yookyung.” She gestured him to sit in the only chair left in their round table, between her and Yookyung, in front of Chorong.

          “Of course, I remember you and Yookyung.”, he’s all smiled. Remember? Huh? Such a joke? That day you just looked only at Chorong eonnie, just like now... Yookyung laughed at her heart.

          “You didn’t tell me that you’re with your friends”, Woohyun said to Chorong, he put a box that wrapped in plastic bag, “Otherwise, I’ll bring more than this.”

          Chorong just looked at him, and say, “I’m not the one that called, and I’m not the one who told you to come here, Bomi is.... She want to asked you something.”, she try to stayed calmed and cold toward him. She doesn’t want to admit to her self that she do wavered. But when she looked that he’s indeed dissapointed when he heard that words from her, she can’t deny that it dissapoint her also, to saw him hurt. She didn’t mean it, did she? She just tried to protect her self, her heart.

          “Oh...” just that word that out from his mouth. He’s dissapointed, he’s hurt, that’s true. He came here with a big hope. Only God know how happy Woohyun when he thought that she really wants to meet him. And when he know that it’s not her, he can’t avoid this feeling. Feeling of drowning under after floating above. But he quickly laced it with his smile, “Here, you must be like it...”, he opened the box.

          “Chicken feet?”, Bomi looked inside, her eyes rounded. She looked at Chorong with beaming eyes. She is always hungry, and this time is no different. Moreover, they didn’t have lunch until now because what happened earlier, and now is almost 4 in the noon. Chorong and Yookyung looked inside too. Yookyung just amused, amazing for exact, how this guy really love her eonnie. He brought Chorong her favorite food, no wonder he’s late. And Chorong. Chorong too, can’t avoid her self for being amazed by him, and for the chicken feet in front of her.

          “Are we can eat it here?”, Woohyun asked, worried if this cafe didn’t permit them to eat from outside there.

          “Can...”, Bomi surely bouncing her head, “We’re regular here.” She assured him. But Yookyung snapped at her, “Bomi-ya, it’s belongs to Chorong eonnie, and for you know, we can’t eat food like this in cafe like this, we’ll get kicked out you know...”

          “Ya...!!!”, Bomi yelled at her, “Woohyun-ssi brought it to be ate, right?”, she nodded at Woohyun, while the man just amazed at them, amused.

          “Y-yeah, sure, you can eat it...”, he smiled at them. But Yookyung refuse to put it back. “No... if you want to eat chicken feet, how about we  buy another portion.”, she turned to looked at Woohyun, signing him to buy. Woohyun just nodded, “Okay, just wait me for a while, I’ll buy another portion...”, he prepared to leave when her hand hold him, “Oh, wait, no, it’s rude for you to go alone to buy it for us.”, she turned around to Chorong, “Eonnie, how about you accompany him? Buy us soju too okay? Ah, and we’ll wait in the park...”, she smiled at her.

          “W-what? Me?”, Chorong just flustered when Woohyun dragged her outside with hanging from ear to ear.

...

          “Mmm... You can release my hand now, you know?” Chorong mumbled after a while the walked hand in hand. Woohyun stopped a while and looked at her hand in his. She tried to pull it, but Woohyun hold it, “No, I’ll keep your hand with me, thank you...”, he smiled and keep going to the chicken feet stall.

          “Why you bring us chicken feet?”, Chorong asked after a while they just silent. “You like it, don’t you?”, Woohyun smiled at her.

          “Yes, I like it, but why?”

          “If the whole reason is because you like it,  is it doesn’t enough for you?”, he looked at her. Stopped in his place. But she just frowned, can’t believe him. What reason is that? She thought. “You must admit, it’s hard to believe that the reason is just that.”, Chorong stated.

        “Why? Why it’s hard to believe that?”, Woohyun back asked her, “It’s just that simple, Chorong-a, believe me.”, he assured her, continued to walked. Still with her hand in his. “By the way, why your friend wants to meet me? To asked me something?”, he looked at her, “Is it about Hoya and Eunji again?”

          Chorong disbeliefly looked at him, “How can you know that?”. Woohyun just smiled, “You all just same, you and your friends. You all worried about her, right?”, he tried to ruffled her hair. “Ya!”, Chorong averted his hand, and glared at him, but he just chuckled. How he amazed, that her glared just make him more and more thinking that she just so cute.

          “Don’t you said to Bomi-ssi and Yookyung-ssi about what I told you last day?”, Woohyun asked. She just shaked her head. “And told them that you trade it with date ? Moreover, didn’t told me the real reason.”, she pouted, when she remember that he doesn’t said a word about the reason why Eunji agreed to marry with his friend, and when he spoked bad of her, and all the rest night. That makes her blushed.

          “And told them that you kissed me?”, Woohyun . He can see she blushed more. He can’t hold but just laughed. “Ya !!! Don’t think strange, ert! I-I must be drunk that night, I don’t even remember that I kissed you...”, embarassed she said, pulled hard her hand from his.

          Woohyun hold his laugh, “Okay, okay I know, just tell them, that I’m the one that kissed you, and take the advantage of you, I’m happy and proud of that.”, he take her hand once more.

           “I’m sorry that I can’t told you or your friend the reason.”, he continued to walked to the stall that now in front of them, “Will they still waited for this if they knew they won’t get the answer from me?”, he smiled and come in.

           “I bet...”, she just twirled her eyes and followed him.

...

          Woohyun and Chorong buy them another two portion of chicken feet, with a lot of another food as Woohyun suggest when he know that they haven’t lunch yet. They just walked side by side in silent, without much words between them, with her hand still in his, as he stubbornly refuse to released.

          Not for long, her phone ringing, “Eonnie...where are you?”, Bomi asked her. “I’m near the park now, why?”

          “Just come home now, Eunji just called and asked us why we’re so long outside. So Yookyung and I decided to get home... Just come home okay, bye...”, and she just put off her phone.

          “Ya...ya...!”, Chorong just bewildered.

          “Why?”, Woohyun asked her, “Are they left us?”

          She nodded, “They just home... Aigoo, that kids, order us to buy food and now just left home.”, she sighed. Woohyun can saw a glint of gentleness that always in her eyes everytime she mention them, her friends. Although she looked cold, but he know that her heart is so warm .

          “It’s okay, we can bring it to your home, right?” Woohyun smiled, and when Chorong looked at him with flustered, afraid that he will come to their home, with Eunji, he just smiled at her, carressed her hair gently, “I won’t come in... Not yet... Without permission. I don’t want to lost my life in 4 furious women...”. He continued his step to walked her home.

          “But, Chorong-a...”, he asked her in front of the door of their apartment.

          “Hmm? Why?”

          “Do you feel uncomfortable with me always stalked you in your classes? Is that why you change all your schedule?”

          She’s contemplated, can’t find a word to tell him, that the truth is she just too shy to met him everytime after that date. But uncomfortable? Maybe it’s the right word?

          “Do you?”, he asked her again with hope that it’s not the answer, but saw her hesitate he said, “I won’t do that again, I promise...” surprised, she looked at him, “But promise me one thing.”, he asked her again.

          “What?”

          “Promise me that you’ll give me a chance for you to know me more and not pushed me away before, please?”

          She looked at him. How can this man so stubborn? So persisten. And the question that bothered her a lot come again. Are he really love her?

          “Just answer my phone, at least once a day, can you? I promise I won’t bother you more than that.” For now .

          She looked at his serious face, his little dark brown eyes, maybe for the first time, she really saw through its. She can see herself in those eyes. And she asked herself. Are she ready to opened her heart once more, are she believe in herself? Are he worthed to believe?

          And she just nodded.

...

 


Woorong part....Enjoy...^^