Chapter 20

Like A Dream

The next morning

Lee Enterprise Building

       “Eunji....Eunji-a... We’re arrived.”, Yoseob shake her lightly, to waked her up. She’s a little sleepy this morning, thanks to girls talked that made her sober all night long. Birthday party, plus Chorong freedom, that’s something that should celebrated right. So when Yoseob waking her this morning, she’s not in the mood to get up at all. But they already have an appointment for business meeting this morning, so ready or not, he dragged her here. And she just slept in the car.

          “Mmm... ne oppa?”, she yawned, “Are we arrived yet?”, she scrunched her eyes, trying to block the sun light that blinded her.

          “Yes, we’re already arrived, let’s go Eunji, we can’t let them waited, right...”

       “Hmm...okay, oppa...”, Eunji tried to open her seatbelt then looked up to the building infront of her. Is it...? “Oppa, tell me again what’s that company name?”, in Japan. Yoseob already tell her that they would make a partnership with an architecture company in Seoul, she didn’t put that in her mind too much that time. And now, when she arrived, she just so shocked to looked at the building.

          “Lee Enterprise ? I told you before ?”, he frowned, try to remember are he already told her about everything with this plan.

          “What...? And the one that we’ll meet is?”, she felt a surge of bad feeling now.

          “Humm, I think we’ll meet the CEO and the one that will responsible with this project, Nam Woo Hyun-ssi.”

          Nam Woo Hyun ? And the CEO would be... Sunggyu oppa....?

...

          “So, Howon... Are you ready?”, Sunggyu tap Hoya’s head, he still looks miserable because the bad drunk last night. “I’m all fine hyung”, he answered, even though a word fine didn’t fitted for his condition now. His head is spinning around in circles the moment when he opened his eyes. The first thing that welcomed him is massive headache and churning stomach that push him to expel all thing inside his stomach. And after his drunkeness slowly leave him, he can still remember clearly what happened yesterday. The pain in his heart still vividly there, the rage from all that happened emerged once again.

          How can she left me, pretend to forget me, and already with someone else ? It’s our room, our first memory, for Heaven sake, and what, she’s spent the night with that man in the same room ? He remembered the shocked face in her eyes when she looked him, the guess that knocked her room. She’s so flustered. And so do Hoya. When he greeted by a man in her room, he still told him self, that he’s no one, maybe he got the wrong room, or else. But then she’s pop her head behind that man shoulder, the one that she called oppa.

          When she looked at him, she just closed the door between them. Without a word. It’s like she didn’t even want to see him at all. And Hoya can’t even bring his hand to knocked that door again, the door that he afraid will be forever closed for him.

          “Hyung will go to the meeting room first, you can catch up later, okay? Just don’t push yourself if you’re not well.”

          “I’m fine hyung”, he muttered, finger still in his temple, “I want to see that man again, to let him know who I am.”

...

          The secretary of Sunggyu escorted Eunji and Yoseob to the meeting room, tell them that they can waited for Mr. Nam and Mr. Kim for a while, they will arrived in a mean time.

Looked at Eunji, Yoseob somehow feels her nervousness. She can’t seems to sit and wait properly, as her mind occupied with so many question about this situation. How come with so many company, she have to have a business with them, or how come in her 1 week in Seoul, she already have to met them, people that she wished to forget, people that she wished already forgot her. But it’s not the case for her.

Fate bring her back once again to face her past, her burried memories, not to run away from it

“Good morning...”, Sunggyu entered the meeting room, feeling the nervous Eunji that jolted in her chair when she heard his voice. But he feels that better to talked to her later, he assumed that she must want to meet him today, at least not yet, he knows that she’s not ready. So he just pretend to not recognized her, and proceed with the business meeting.

“I’m Kim Sunggyu, from Lee Enterprise, and the one who will responsible for this project will Mr. Nam Woo Hyun.”, he shake Yoseob hand, and gestured to WooHyun, whose stand beside him. “I’m Nam Woo Hyun...”, he said, calmly, but his eyes perplexed when he looked at Eunji there, beside Yoseob. He mentally asked Sunggyu about what happened. And his friend likely know what he mean, because Sunggyu just mouthed to him “I’ll tell you later”.

“I’m Yang Yoseob, from Yang Enterprise, and this is my right hand, Jung Eunji. She is the one that will responsible in this project.” Yoseob gestured Eunji that masked her face with smile. Laced her nervousness with smile that didn’t even reach her eyes. And she shakes WooHyun and Sunggyu, introduced herself as Jung Eunji.

“Although it’s not too long for her to handle project like this, I believe that she will make a great contribution in this project. Afterall a children hospital needed a touch of a woman right”, Yoseob said to them. He wanted them to not underestimated Eunji, because beyond all his relationship with her, she has that ability.

Sunggyu looked at Eunji with unreadable expression in his face, but Eunji averted her eyes from him, suddenly feels that her green flannel skirt have a little bit too much dust in there. Calmly he divert his eyes to face Yoseob and said with his calm and sure voice, “I know it, believe me, I know.”

They in the middle of the discussion for that project, what design that will good for every ward, every place in that hospital, wich material, and so on. Eunji already put aside her awkwardness, her worried, and her nervousness for a while. After all she is the one that responsible, and she doesn’t want to make Yoseob worried or more, to get him dissapointed with her.

Then suddenly all pair of eyes goes to the door when they heard the shriek of opened door, bring a man come in and said, “I’m sorry for get late, all,  I’m Lee Howon...”. Hoya looked of all the face in front of him, and fixed his eyes to the only woman in that room, the one that eyes rounded with shocked and terror, the eyes that glinted with hate and rage now. The only woman that always make his heart pounded so hard. The one that he swear to him self to get her back, no matter what.

...

          “Eunji-a.. Are you sick? You looked pale... are you alright?”, Yoseob worriedly ask when they get in the car, to go back to the hotel. They already finish the meeting and have an agreement without any difficulty. But something bothered him, he knows that something wrong with her, he feels it. No, everyone in that room could feel it. When Lee Howon came in, the tension raised, it’s likely that the temperature drop suddenly, there’s so palpably awkwardness. She looked so stange, undeniably nervous when he is around. And the thing that most bugging him, is he knows that person. That is the man that knocked Eunji room yesterday. He didn’t said anything that time, so do Eunji. After she closed the door, he asked her, who is that man, is she know him, but Eunji didn’t say anything. She just trembled.

          Like this. Like now. So he reached her trembled hands, catch it with his free hand, grab it dearly, like a fragile part of her that ready to break. Then he feels something warm dampen his hand. A tear drop. And when a single drop fall helplessly, the rest flowing unendured.

          “Eunji? Eunji-a?”, he turned around his face , startled to see Eunji crying. So he move his car aside, stop it, and reach Eunji, hugged her. He just know that she need to feeling safe now.

          It always like that for them, since they were little. Yoseob always know when anything goes wrong for Eunji, and he just lent his shoulder, cover her from all of the harm the world could make. He never ask, never demand an explanation. He just there. For her.

          They didn’t know at all that there’s a car that followed them since before, the one that looked through what’s happened inside that car. The one that once again silently left.

...