Chapter 1

Like A Dream

Seoul, Summer 2012

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr Lee.. What can I help you?” a receptionist of Shilla Hotel, Seoul asked when Lee Howon came. Lee Howon, or Hoya as his friends called him, is a successor of Lee Enterprise. A great and big architecture company in South Korea. They have their touch in most of major building in Asia and some of Europe country. This hotel is also have his grandparents touch, and as they also have some share in this hotel, he used to get some special attention from the staff.

 “Annyeonghaseyo...”, he smile to her. “I want to stay here for a couple day, when I’m in Seoul, is my suite ready?”

For this past 3 years, he rarely seen in Seoul, or South Korea. When he get to run in this business with his cousin about 3 years ago, he choose to run their branch company in Tokyo. And when he’s in here, he choose to stay in this hotel, his favorite, despite of his family house. It’s not like he’s not close with them though, his grandmother adore him, and his aunt family that raise him from he was a child, love him as well as their own child.

 His parents died when he was 10 in an accident, and from that time his grandparents took him, then when his grandfather died, his aunt and her husband come back from London, and take care of him. They used to protested his choice back then, but eventually accept his stubborness. After all he always take his time to have breakfast and dinner in their home.

He just love this hotel, his usual suite room, always that one, room 818, room number 18 in 8th floor, the not too big room that always remind him to someone.

“Room 818 right? I’m sorry, sir... but i’m afraid that room is already booked. Do you want to stay in the presidential suite?”

“What? Booked? By who? Are you can move him to another room, just take him to presidential suite, i’ll take the charge.”

“A-ah, okay, sir...”, the receptionist got perplexed, for Hoya looks like he’s in panic.

“What’s wrong, Jieun?”, the hotel’s manager come when he saw them. “Is it something wrong, Mr.Lee?”, he asked Hoya

“Ah, Mr.Jang. Thank God you’re come. I want to stay in my suite, but she said that it’s already reserved. Can’t you moved him to another room? Just tell him that you will upgrade his room to a presidential suite.”, he plead the old manager that known him from he were a little kid.

“I’m sorry, sir... but i’m afraid we can’t do that. The customer himself called us yesterday, that he want to reserved that particulary room.”

“What?”, Hoya started to panic again, he can’t imagine to stay in Seoul, but not in that room. “Just called him! Tell him that he can’t stay in that room.”

“But, sir...”, he startled to looked him acted like that. Hoya usually is a nice person. A bit mischievous when he was a kid, a bit rebel when he was teenager, but a calm, friendly, and good person when he is an adult. He have this strange obsession of that particular room though, likely for these pass 3 years, but until now, he always get to stayed there.

“Just tell him...!!”, he shout to him.

“...O-okay, sir...?”, Mr.Jang startled, but keep his calmed, and reached the phone in the front table when a woman come to him.

“Annyeonghaseyo... Good night. Welcome to Shilla Hotel. May I help you young lady”. He give another receptionist sign to help her, then he search in their computer to called that customer whose reserved that ‘great’ room.

“Annyeonghaseyo...”, she take her glasses and smile to them. “My friend already booked me a room in this hotel. Can I check in now?”

“Alright, Miss... what’s is your name?”

“Jung Eun Ji, room 818....” she smiled to her, not notice that there are two pair of eyes that looked at her.

...

“Annyeonghaseyo... My friend already booked me a room in this hotel. Can I check in now?”, Hoya hear some voice not to far from him. That voice, I must be dreaming right now... But that voice is like her voice.... I must be too tired now, and with this problem, argh...I just want to sleep in that room now. “Jung Eun Ji, room 818....”, then he hear that voice again. Jung..? Eun Ji? 818?? My room? Hoya startled, and look at his left side.

And he saw her...

...