Chapter 18

Like A Dream

 

Shilla Hotel Club

Summer 2012

                   

“YooKyung-a...Bomi-a...!”, WooHyun heard a female voice despite all the noise in the club. He turned his head to the voice, then he looked a women. Wow that girl is so cute, her chubby face, her long and wavey brunette hair, her smile....she is beautiful... He just mesmerized by the woman that now passed him, obliviate from surround him. He looked at her closely, then he remember someone.. the girl in the cinema...

Two days ago, WooHyun and one of his girlfriend are in the cinema that day. It’s not his hobby of course, to watch a movie with a girl. For him, a perfect date would be hanging around in her house, or a hotel, doing something that women and men should be doing in the room, then it’s done. For him, a relationship  is just like that, there are so many girl in the world that still need him, and just to watch a movie with a girl would be a waste.

 But somehow, that day he just feel bored and want to go out, so when a girl asked him for a movie date, he just agreed. But as he always knew, a movie date with a girl is a waste, they watched drama movie, and it made him bored already.

Hoaem...it’s so boring, too many drama and tears in one movie, damn, this girl, just please. If she wanted to flirt with me,she shouldn’t try to hard to bring me in the movie. Better if I take her to the hotel near this place. He grabed that girl hand that already caressed at his thigh, and about to whispered in her ear when suddenly his eyes laid on something.

A side profile of a woman. She’s crying. She bawled her eyes cried for a movie? Somehow that scene attracts him more than a girl beside him. He watched that woman back and forth with the scene in the movie. Is it so sad to the point that she cried like that. He think to him self, that woman made him looked at her continually. She is alone? Why is she alone? She looked so sad, is it the movie or she is already sad.

“WooHyun-a...”, the girl beside him asked, wondering why he suddenly frozed and did nothing to her. “WooHyun-a, let’s go to your place...”, she his chest. Still lacked response from him, she tap him lightly...”Uh? Uh? Wae..?”, he looked like someone that just arouse from a spell, “I said let’s go to your place”, she still tried to flirt him. But suddenly he grab her hand that still in his body and hissed to her, “I still want to watch the movie, alone... just go first, I’ll catch you later..”, she looked startled, “Alone?”, she asked him again, “Yes...alone, just go first...”

“B-but...”, she still confused about what happened to him suddenly, but he looked at her coldly, “Just go! You would never want to disobey me, won’t you?”. She’s a bit scared to looked at him right now, he looked cold, not the usual greasy and sweet Nam Woo Hyun, so at last she just grabbed her belonging and go out from the cinema.

He feel like his nuisance already gone, so he’s back to looked at that woman who captured his eyes with a second. It’s not like he looked at her clearly though, he just saw her side profile, a crying side profile. But somehow it’s enough to take his breath away. When he try to looked at her again, he’s panicked when he learn that she’s not there. He try to looked all over the dark cinema, and still can’t find her shadow, so he assuming that she’s already go out, so he go out too, try to looked at her outside. But he can’t found her again, and he can’t seems to get her out of  his mind. Not that day, not the day after, and not until now.

It’s not his nature to get occupied with just one woman, it’s such a silly he always thought. So he tried to get her out off his mind with alcohol and girls, that’s why he’s in this club tonight. But he laid his eyes to a woman again from the second time, only to learned that she is the same woman.

...

          “Chorong eonnie ! Here...”, YooKyung shouted to defeat the noise from their surround. She waved to her friend, Chorong, to get her know where she and Bomi are. They already made a promise to gather in this club tonight, along with Eunji, while waited for Bomi’s shift done. Although they already stayed together, except for Eunji who still stayed in the hotel for a while, to waited for Yoseob,  but YooKyung, Bomi, and Eunji want to bring Chorong out tonight, they want to consoled her.  Beside, today is Eunji birthday, and she want to celebrate it with her friend

Two days ago, before Chorong get home to her hometown, somehow she busted her boyfriend cheated on her, in his house. She love him so much, they already in a relationship for almost 2 years, and she believed him. And when she learned the truth, that her boyfriend is not faithful with her, and this is not the first time, she just get angry to him, and to herself. So before she take the train, she tried to vent her anger and sadness with watched some sad movie. She just want to cry earnestly, without no one notice.

“ Ya, YooKyung-a...What if eonnie get drunk today?”, Bomi whispered to her, before Chorong arrived at their table. “Never mind, a girl need drunk too sometimes huh?”, she calmed Bomi. Her friends knows it somehow, that she’s in a bad mood because her ex, and they want to consoled her when she’s back in Seoul.

...

          God, is it her? Is it that girl in the cinema? She is right there... I’ll go there and talked to her, she wouln’t resist me... WooHyun decided to approach her in her table.

          “Hi...!”, he smiled to them, and 3 of them turned their head and looked at them. “Hi, I’m WooHyun”, he stick out his right hand, it’s kind awkward for him to try hit a girl, before, he doesn’t even have to approach a girl, girl who will try to seduced him.

          After like a long minutes, one of them finally shake his hand, “Hi too, I’m Bomi...”, the girl named Bomi smiled. And another girl, altough awkwardly looked at him nodded, “I’m YooKyung...” But the girl that took his sanity not even bother to looked at him. He tried again, “Hi, there...”, he stick his hand in front of her eyes, to grabed her attention.

          “I’m WooHyun...”, he smiled to her, try to looked cool and calm, like a gentleman, although inside his heart pounding so hard that he even afraid that the girls will heard. Unlucky for him, that girl just looked at him, annoyed, and tilt her head to her left, then continued to sips her drink. Feel devastated, never in his life a woman turned him off like that, but it’s just made him more curious and amazed with her, so he try to act all cool about that, and sit in their table.

          “Are you ladies from here?”, he flashed his famous smile to them. “Humm... YooKyung is from Seoul, but me and eonnie no”, Bomi answered him. Feel strange but bubbly and friendly side of her just answered him. Also, as a girl that depend on instinct, she didn’t sensed anything wrong with this guy and he’s not drunk either, so she decided to talked with him a little. YooKyung smiled too, but that girl keeps oblivious about him.

          “I’m from Seoul too, but it’s not that’s long when I’m back here. There’s so many different thing when I’m back, so different from my childhood. But I guess it’s more to the good side huh?”, he tried make a conversation with them, obviously trying to know about the girl in front of him.

          “Oh... where are you from? Must be America? You still have that different accent...”, Bomi stated,

“No, I’m from London, I’d spent my junior school until university there. I’m just came here not too long, to help my friend run his business.”, he answered.

          “Oh....”

          “So, are you all still school or worked?”

          “We’re all worked, I’m a designer, YooKyung are teacher, and Chorong eonnie...humm kind of teacher too”, Bomi smiled, somehow she sensed that this man like her cousin, he keeps glanced at her from a while ago. Ah, so her name is Chorong...and she is a teacher, Oh yeah, I’m know her name now...

“So, you’re a businessman?”

          “Not like that actually, I’m an architect.”, he smiled again, while glanced to Chorong, to looked if she paid attention to him or not, but unfortunately, she still opine that her drinks is more attractive than him.

          “Ah... do you want to drink anything? My treat... take it as an introduction gift. It’s my first time drink alone in here, but my bestfriend is regular customer in here, and he suggest me to come here.” He tried hard to attract that girl attention, so basicaly he just blurted anything in his mind.

          “Oh...who? Maybe I know him? I worked here as a part timer...”, Bomi asked curiously. “Oh yeah? Maybe you know him, his family have some share in this hotel, so you guys would be know him... His name is Kim Sunggyu, you know him?”

          “Kim Sunggyu ? Sunggyu? I quess I heard that name numerously...?”, she tried hard to remember. In the other side that girl reaction that made him curious. “Kim Sunggyu?”, she hissed, and her eyes full of shocked. Then someone tapped her shoulder, “Eonnie...!!”

          Eunji just come, not know there is someone else in their table, and when she looked at him, agape, and WooHyun also startled when looked at her... Is it Hyerim? Hoya’s wife?

....