Chapter 2

Like A Dream

Seoul, Summer 2008.

“Hyung..!!”, Hoya come into Kim Sunggyu, his cousin, office. “Howon-a...!!”, his hyung happily greet the little brother that can’t he see for this past 2 years. His mother, is Hoya’s aunt, they came to Korea when their grandfather died, and took the resposibility of their company, and along with that Hoya. They started to live together when he was 14 and Hoya 12. He always thought of him like his own brother, but they rarely seen each other, for his family lived in London. He oftenly plead his parents to give him a brother or sister back then, but when his family took him, he never asked for a brother anymore, he’s already have. And when they studied together in London for this 4 years, they have bonds that envied anyone else. Sunggyu have to go back first to learn to take the company, and with his heavy schedule, he rarely seen his brother. But now, Hoya is already graduated, back to Korea, and will be an intern in their company.

“Hyung-a....I miss you!”, Hoya hops to Sunggyu and hug him.

“Whoah...big guy...” Sunggyu ruffled his hair, and laugh hard to see that his dongsaeng is indeed a dongsaeng. And a dongsaeng never seem to grow.

“Ehem...? Sir? Mr.Kim?”, Hoya heard a voice that tried to hide her giggle behind him, then hastily release his hyung and turn around.

She has an annoying look behind her round glasses. He knows she laughed at him, and for him it’s annoying.

“Yes, Hyerim-a...”, Sunggyu face his secretary and smiled to her “Anything...?”

“I’m sorry to interrupt your reunion, Sir...”, she grins at Hoya but smiled sweetly at Sunggyu, “But Mr.Han is already in the meeting room...”, she flashed her eyesmile to him.

She’s pretty, Hoya think when he have a better look of her. She’s kind of a doll, not a barbie of course, he scoffed, she’s short and a little bit chubby. But when she’s smile, and her eyes create a cresent like that... Humm, what’s this, are she is a magician or what? I feels this grumbling in my stomach...ah...I must be hungry right, time to go home....

“Okay, Hyerim.... Let’s go there”, then he turned back to his dongsaeng, “See you at home, Howon... Mom and Grandma would love to see you again big guy...”, Sunggyu smile at him and hug him lightly.

...

Whoah... a guy came and hops then hug Mr.Kim... A guy, no, I must say a boy... right, he looked like a gay for me, if i’m did not know Mr.Kim, or if I didn’t realise later that he is his dongsaeng. Lee Sunggyu... he is so sweet, he must be love his brother so much.

Jung Hye Rim, is a 21 years old Busan girl who come to Seoul to live her new life after her parent dies. She heard that in this big town, there must be many oportunity to her. She take many part time job for this three year, from a barista to cashier, from a bartender to a singer in a club. Until last year, she help a young man, a charming and handsome young man that robbed when he was drunk in the club where she’s work. He very grateful to her, and offer her a job. Then here she is, to have a job, as his secretary in this big company.

She knows nothing about her job for the first time. but he was so nice to her. And Hyerim herself, is a strong and determine girl, althought her head not too smart, but she always want to learned. Maybe that’s one of her charmed, and Sunggyu wouldn’t keep her in his side if he’s not saw her potential, grateful or not.

For a year she take her job as a secretary in an architecture company, she started to fall in love with this field. She never had a dream before, her family is not that wealthy anyway, she barely graduate from her highschool and help his parent with their job. But when they died, she have nothing, no one. And a suffer place without her parents make it unbearable, so she choose to made her own path, in Seoul. But this place, this man, give her a dream, to be an interior designer.

For her now, he is her family... and this place is her home... She feel safe and warmth here. And she adore him, a lot...

...

“Lee Howon... this is Jung Hye Rim. She is my secretary, and you can asked her anything you want about this company, I guess she mastered it now...” the next day Sunggyu introduced Hoya to Hyerim.

“Annyeong..I’m Lee Howon, Hyung brother, a succesor of this company”, he said arrogantly and shook her hand.

What, this little spoiled brat, Annyeong? How dare he used banmal with me. See, so different with his hyung. I don’t even believe they have the same blood.

Sunggyu chuckled to hear Hoya actually said that. Last night, he asked him about Hyerim, and told him that she looks annoying, and that he would make her know her position and else.

“Yes...” she shook his hand and unwillingly bowed to him. As if I would praise him or what. She thought. Better to not oftenly get contact with him, or I’m afraid someone would smack his big head, and that someone is me.

...