Chapter 36

Like A Dream

        

         Chorong looked at her phone. For only God know how much time she looked at that. It’s 4 in the morning, and don’t know why she can’t even closed her eyes from the night before. Something keeps bugging her mind. Something keeps make her heart beating faster. Nervously. Doesn’t even know why, or what that make her feels like that.

          She looked at it again. Opened the call history. Then the message history. She unconsciously looked through it. And somehow, she feels worried about someone that she doesn’t even bother before. Woohyun.

          It’s almost four days since the last time he called her, or sends her a message. Don’t know why, but she keeps looked at his last message. “Good night, princess. Dream of me.” That simple message, that contains all his heart. she didn’t reply it of course, it’s just too greasy for her. But she can’t help to keep awaiting for his called or his message. Even from the first time he made her promise to pick his called instead get stalked by him.

          Without fail, he always called her since that day. At least once a day. And abundant of message that keep her on track about him. Whether she want to know it or not. And of course, to keep him a track of her. Is she already eats or not, what that she’s eat for today, or is she’s in class or not. Is she’s happy today, or is there’s something bothered her today.

          At first, she thinks it annoying, and she just replies it coldly, just to keep her promise. But after some times, she used to it. She used to get showered by attention and love from him. And she has to admitted she’s quite enjoyed it, to feel someone have that big amount of interest of her. To feel loved. It became her habit now, to looked at her phone and waited for his called. To hear his voice. Although she’s still can admit to herself that he filled more and more room in her heart. 

          She didn’t know what happened to him, until him suddenly missing. No phone call, no text, no news at all. For the first two day, she just wonders. But now, she feels something missing. She tried to search him in her class, just to notice that he really keep his promise to never show up his face in front of her until she allowed. To her surprise, she did worry, and she did miss him.

          Still move in her bed, roll left and right. Still she can’t fall asleep. She looked again. It’s almost five. Sighed, she let herself to wake from her comfy and cozy bed to face the cold morning. She prepared herself to have a jogging this morning when suddenly her phone ringing. Afraid to waking up Yookyung that still in peace in her dream land, she quickly get out from her room and picked the phone up.

          “Hello?”, she answers, wondering who will called her in this early morning.

          “Hello? Is this princess Chorong-ssi?” some woman voice asked her. Almost chocking she answered that, “W-what?”

          “Is this princess Chorong-ssi?”, she asked again, “Are you know Nam WooHyun-ssi?”

          Nam WooHyun? “Yes, but...”, she doesn’t have a chance to clear about that princess thing when she heard what that woman said after.

          “Ah, thank God. You must be his girlfriend, right. This is Seoul Hospital. Nam WooHyun-ssi faint when he tried to get some medicine here before. He has a high fever, and in emergency room now to get examined. We have to call his guardian, and your number is first in his phone. Can you come here?”

          “W-what? Hospital?” Woohyun? What happened to him, God... “O-okay I’ll get there immediately...”

...

Seoul University Hospital

          Quietly, Chorong opened the hospital room after she gets herself some coffee. Four hours ago, after rushed to hospital, she gets some news that Woohyun is in emergency room, and from his examination before, he had appendicitis, that’s what make him fever and faint before. The inflammation of his appendix almost burst and they have to operate him immediately. Panic, but thanks to her cold head, she still to maintain her calm and signed every consent and just waited him in front of surgery room.

          That three and half hour, that she spent wait for his surgery, is the longest three and half hour in her life. She just pray, that he’ll be alright, for she can’t do anything for him. Pray that God will help him through this, that there’ll be nothing wrong with him in there. She can’t help to keep worried, but she held her self.

          Then the red light that announced that operation is done, and the nurse informed her that he’s fine. There’s no peritonitis, or abdomen wall inflammation, that could be a worse condition from an appendicitis. After that, she couldn’t hold herself anymore, she just cries. Relieved.

          Now, he’s already is in his room. Still under his anesthesia. Quietly, Chorong approached him and sit beside his bed. Looking at his sleeping face, she can’t hold herself to not touch his handsomely sculpted face. He looked so content, there’s no pain in his face like before. He looked so peaceful, and so pure, just like a kid. She thinks about all this time she knew him. His warmness toward her. Her coldness. How he already told her that he loved her, in words and in action. Did she still doubt it?

          She touched his cheek. She feels so afraid before. So worried that something bad will happen to him. She touched his lips, she still can feel it in her lips. Just like before. And she recognized the warmth that filled her heart before. The butterflies that swarm freely in her stomach when he told her that he love her. The jumping heart that he made up and down every night he called her good night. Is it love? Is she already fall in love with him. Is, even without her permission or without she know it, he already take her heart with him.

          She takes his hand, this cold hand that used to be so warm, and hold it tightly. She just so relieved that she can hold it again. But now, she just feels so tired, and her drowsiness takes her over.

...

          His eyes so heavy and he feels numb. Ah, and a little dizzy. Woohyun smelled something that always he hates from little. Drug? The smell of hospital? He still feels dizzy. He opened his eyes slowly. Try to cover his eyes from sudden light that make his dizzier. But his hand feels so heavy. He looked at his left. A big window with lime green curtain, a hose with an i.v line that he knows somehow end in his left hand. Indeed he’s in hospital.

          Hospital? Why I’m here? And why I’m feel so heavy and dizzy. Damn. What happened. Fever? Yeah I’m sick for this three days and my head so hurt every time I’m moved. Then I remember that my stomach hurt suddenly last night, and I can’t sleep, so I go to the E.R. And? What happen next? Why I’m here now?

          He feels something in his right hand. Something’s move. Something’s warm. He moved his head to his right. And he can’t believe what his eyes tell him. Chorong. Park Chorong. His Chorong. His princess. It’s need a longer time for him to believe that someone that beautiful did sleep beside him. He can see her lay her head beside his hand. And for more surprise, something that moved in his hand before is hers. Her hand in his. She hold him in her sleep. He blinked. Once. Two. And three, afraid that when he closed his eyes and opened it again, all of this will gone.

          But she’s still there. Breath heavily in her sleep. Her hand still in his. He can’t believe it. Didn’t want to wake her up, slowly he move his left hand to caressed her hair that fall to her face. He can’t reach her, so he try to move his body, and unknowingly fold his right abdomen. Suddenly, a very sharp pain attacked him. He’s grunt in pain. And unconsciously squeeze her hand in his.

          Hearing his grunt, and a squeezed in her hand, Chorong awake from her sleep. Worriedly she look at him. “Are you alright?”, she asked him. “Are the wound is hurt?”

          “Mmm? Eoh?”, Woohyun still place his hand upon his wound, the place that hurt most. Wound? Why? Damn, it’s hurt...

          “Woohyun-a, is it hurt? Wait for me a while, I’ll called the nurse, alright?” she told him and get up from her chair, ready to go out. But he didn’t let her. Despite all the stings that make her broken in cold sweat, he didn’t want her to leave him. He grab her hand tightly and pull her.

          “Woohyun-a... Let me called the nurse, okay?”, she looked at him. Her hand still in his. Woohyun looked at her, at her eyes. He can see the worries in there. In her beautiful orbs that used to looked him annoyingly, cold stare, or mocking glare. But now, there’s nothing but worry. For him. How he want to jump happily from his bed, if his body allowed. He just smile, pulled her closely, and kissed her.

          Without word, without any sign, he just kissed her. Chorong just so startled until she can’t do anything. Her body frozen. Her mind stopped. And she feel like her heart want to burst anytime. He let her go when he feel those pain snapped him once again. Heard his groaned in pain, Chorong found her mind back.

          “Ya, Woohyun-a. Stay still a while would you?”

          “No...no...Chorong-a...”, he stopped her again, “I’m fine... I’m all fine.”, he tried to smile although that pain didn’t want to leave him.

          “Fine?”, Chorong squinted her eyes. “You said you are fine?” her emotion fired up, looked at Woohyun that laid in bed, still in his bandage. But manage to smiled and said that he were fine, and more over kissed her.

          “If you are fine, so what are you doing here, idiot!” she glared, “Four days without a news, and suddenly I heard you faint in the hospital, need surgery!!! You damn idiot !”, she spill her raged at him, and burst in tears, unconsciously. Her fatigue from all this night, her worried from all these days he didn’t contact her, her feared when she looked at him in pain in this hospital, and her relieve when she know he’s alright. All that mixed emotion that couldn’t she hold anymore.

Woohyun looked at her, dumbfounded by her anger. He looked closely at Chorong that stand in front of her. She looked miserable, her hair in a mess pony tail, her bare face without a slight touch of make up, her grey loose training suite, and a fire that blaze through her eyes for him. But what amazed him the most is, in that kind of state, she still manage to looked beautiful in his eyes.

          Surgery? Oh, no wonder that I feel that stupid pain. Four days, is she noticed? Is she wonders? Is she worried of me? Woohyun is all smile. Wait...wait... Is she called me... Woohyun-a?

          “I am Chorong-a”, he stretch his hand to grab hers and pulled her closer, peck her lightly. And that’s enough to make her sudden outburst stop. “I’m sorry, I really am, I won’t make you  worry anymore.” He caressed his thumb to her cheeks.

          “I’m not worry.”, she still glared at him. She clearly worried about him, and her anger just proved it.

          “I’m sorry again, Chorong-a. Forgive me, eoh? Don’t mad at me okay?”, he pulled her and make her seated beside him again. Doing his smile aegyo. “Can you tell me what happen with me? What surgery?”

          She feels so helpless, so she just sighed to look at this childish grown up man in front of her. “You have an appendicitis. Your fever is because of that. Why didn’t you tell me that you were sick? Or your friends? Or your assistant?”

          “Sunggyu hyung is in London, and Hoya is on his late honeymoon with Eunji as you know. My personal assistant is in hell because I put all my works to his shoulder.”

          “And me? Why don’t you tell me?”

          “You?”, Woohyun grins, “So, you do worried about me, huh? Do you missed me?”, playfully he .

          “No...”, she denied it, but her cheeks blushed.

          “Chorong-a... Can we just honest with our feeling now? I love you. I really am. Please don’t close your heart for me anymore. Please don’t be afraid of me anymore. I know I’m such a jerk before, and you hate that kind of man the most. But I do change because of you. And I guess you love me too, you know it yourself that I do love you. Can’t you give us a chance?”

          He confessed to her again. She know he mean it. She know that he loved her, and so does she, she can’t deny it anymore. She does fall for him. She looked at him closely. “I don’t know Woohyun-a...” she whispered. After she admitted that she loved him, all that she feels is fear. What if someday he was done loved her, and all that left for her is hurt. Once again crushed like before. Is she can handle it?

          With all his might, he wake up and sit in his bed, ignoring all the pain that make him in drenched in cold sweat. He just wants to calmed his heart. He knows this is the time for them to be honest with this feeling for each other. Although he always honest to her. And for truth is he already tired about this push and pull game. He wants her to trust him, to trust herself, to trust them. He take both of her hand, he stare closely to her, tell her all the feeling, all the words that his eyes want to convey to her.

          “Chorong-a. Trust me. Please. Just this once. I can beg you if you want it. Pride? I already throwed it far away when I realize I fall in love for the first time. I never love anyone before you, and I’m sure that I can love no one again. Please trust yourself, please trust your heart.” he leaned forward, and kissed her again.

          She know that he’s right, she always know. And with his kiss, she knows she already trusted herself for him.

...

 


this one is for Woorong shipper....yay.... \(^__^)/

Have a fun read everyone, it won't be too long again until this story ended, it's just about 2 chapter more

thanks for all the comments and subscribers, you guys  really make my day.

God bless....^^