Chapter 29

Like A Dream

One week later

          It’s already past 6 in the evening.  Sun already tired of today and likely to nap in his throne. The goldish brown light that seeps from the opened window in her room looked so beautiful. An autumn breeze that starting to drop the temperature filled her half empty room. The room that used to be so messed, because of disorder things that put in there, now looked so cleaned. Empty. Just like her heart.

           “Eunji-a, are you ready?”, Chorong asked Eunji and come in to her room that she shared with Bomi. She looked at her. Eunji didn’t even realize her. She’s drowned in her mind. Sitting in the edge of her bed, looking outside behind her window, she looked content. In her mind.

           “Eunji-a...”, she sat beside her, caress her head. Eunji turned her head to Chorong, not realize her until now. “Eonnie...”, Chorong can see the glint of fear in her eyes. Unsureness. Sad. Despair. But she also can see a faint of hope in there.

             She hugged her friend whose already like a sister for her. How she willingly to protect her with all her might, for she’s so afraid that she’ll lost her like before. Afraid that Eunji will become unrational Hyerim after she lost her child. Hyerim that almost cut her life off because she lost herself. Hyerim that become someone else after that accident. A strong Hyerim that lost her ground, lost her core. A  beautiful heart that tainted with pain. A pure soul that ripped and throwed into a black pit of hopelessness. Hyerim that wanted to become Eunji, her once hope and life. She doesn’t want to see her pass through something like that once more. So hopeless. Jung Eunji that comeback to Korea now after three years, is almost the same as Jung Hyerim that they knew before. And she didn’t want to lose her again.

         She hugged her more tightly. Hoping that this time, this is that best for the, both. That this re-marriage thing is the best decision for Eunji. She always knew deep inside her heart, that there’s still Hyerim that always loved Hoya. A thought that they throwed aside every time it popped from nowhere. Maybe, just like Eunji said before, that this is the time for them to try to figure out what fate mean for them. To forgive each other, to forgive them self. It’s all their decision.

              “I’m fine, eonnie. I know I will...”

...

          “Howon? Are you there?”, Sunggyu came in to his room. The room that he left more than three years ago. The room that he left empty all these years. Sunggyu look around and he almost didn’t recognize his room anymore. Hoya begged Soyu to decorate his room, and now it’s really looked like a girl’s room, so feminine. There flower prints and lace everywhere. His bed now is not purple checkered print like before, but a flower pink violet. He chuckled. He knows that Hoya do it for Eunji, but he also know that this type maybe didn’t suit her. She’s a little tomboy, as he remembers her. She doesn’t like pink this much. And Hoya did beg a wrong person. His wife is poor with these interior design things. Just looked at their room for him to know.

        Sunggyu know that Hoya must be wanted to give her everything that he didn’t give before. Do everything that he didn’t do in their first marriage. He loves her, Sunggyu knew it for sure, even when Hoya angrily resist to marrying her when they knew she’s pregnant. He just can’t show it to Hyerim somehow, that he do loved her, that he cared for her. Just like now, all this preparation. So maybe, it’s better to not let him know that pink actually not her best color.

          “Hey, you...”, he lightly smacked her little brother whose walking back and forth in his room. “You’ll burned and make a hole in this new carpet if you move back and forth like an iron like that.”, he laughed.

          Surprised, the first feeling that come when Hoya told him that he would marry her. Worried, that what will come next. Worry about her reaction, their family reaction, about what will happen later. But all of this subsided with happiness when he knew that she had agreed. And more over, when their family glad with Hoya and Eunji decision as well. They didn’t know before that this couple is still in their marriage and now willingly to get back together again. But they glad for them, especially for Hoya. They all know how much he still loved her.

          And it’s like to find his sister again after so long. How he thank God for this. But he can notice Hoya’s change. He’s more closed now. He didn’t tell him anything beside his plan to stay in this home again, begged his sister in law to help him, and about their marriage status in law to all family. And the biggest change is how much he came home in unsober state. He started that habit when he met her again, and for Sunggyu surprise, it’s just worsened after he said that they’ll married again. That confused him. He should be the happiest person in the world, right?

          “Ah, hyung... you’re come...”, he looked at his brother. You can read the word n.e.r.v.o.u.s in that face. Written in bold black ink.

          “Aigoo, just calm down, won’t you. Everything will be fine. And this room, hummm.... I bet she’ll like it.”, hold on his laughed, he assured him. “Howon-a, it’s almost 7. Didn’t you promise to picked her at 7?”

          Surprised, he looked at his watch, “Ah, hyung, you’re right. I-I...Mmmm... I’ll go now, okay?” He turned back to get his jacket, “Hyung, do I look okay?”, nervously he asked.

          Sunggyu looked at him a while. Amused how after everything that happened, and after this times that passed. Something still stayed the same. His nervousness. His way to express it still the same. Still like his little brother as before. For now, Sunggyu didn’t ruffle his hair anymore, instead he patted him lightly. “You’re okay, handsome as always. And you’ll be fine, big man.”

...

Eunji Apartment

MangwonDong

 

          “Eunji-a...”, Bomi weep her almost fall tears from her eyes. She hugged her dear friend tightly, feel sad to separated from her.

          “Aigoo, Bomi-a...” It’s not like I’m gone like before, it’s just I move to another home.”, Eunji caressed her back, assured her, “We’ll still can meet each other right? And you can have that mess room all for yourself. Ah and all the food that Yookyung and Eonnie cooked.” She , trying to lift up her mood.

          “I know... It’s just, I feel sad to let you leave just in short time after we reunite.”, she let her off. “But, this is your decision, I just hope that this is the best for you, Eunji-a. And don’t forget, you can call me if anything happen. I’ll kick his for you.” Bomi showed her taekwondo high kick. Yookyung, Chorong, and Eunji all laughed to see her.

          “She’s right, Eunji. Is anything happened, you can always count of us, Chorong eonnie can kick him too, and me. I can make him sure to taste a frying pan in his head.” Yookyung smiled patted her.

          “I know... I know...”, Eunji hugged them, touched by their concern and love for her. She knew that she always have a place to come back now.

          “It’s a pity that Yoseob oppa have to go to Japan yesterday, it’ll be more harder to see you when you moved in his house. Especially for him, I think.”, Yookyung said to her. They all just nodded, knowing that all that she said is true. Then they heard a bell.

          They all tensed. Chorong reluctantly going to front door to opened the door, when they all know whose that behind the door.

          “I guess it’s time.”, she feels tears forming in her eyes. She hugged them for the last time before going to her new home. Her new life. She has to face it all by herself now.

          “Eunji-a...”, Chorong called her from the front door, “Lee Howon is here.”, she said, didn’t even bother to let him enter their home. “Be safe, called us when you’re get there...”, she looked at her as to remind her that she always have a backup, and as a warning for Hoya, to not hurt her.

         He nervously picked her bag that Yookyung and Bomi give to him. All her other belonging is already sent to his house before. And ready to grab her hand when her phone ringing. He looked at her curiously.

         She looked at the caller id and picked it immediately. “Hello? Oppa? Eoh? Yes, I’m ready to go now. Uh. Yes. To his house, in Bukchon. I know oppa. I know. Be safe. Come here quickly. Said hello from me to mom and dad. I know, oppa. Love you too...” Eunji said to Yoseob that called her from Japan, asked if she’s already gone. He wants to make sure himself that she is safe, but his company matters can’t let him do so.

          Bitterly Hoya heard all the conversation between her and someone, that he sure is Yoseob. He didn’t know that they always talked like that from they’re little.

       What? Mom? Dad? Whose that she called Mom and Dad? Who is her husband? Yet she called his parents mom and dad? And love you? LOVE YOU??? Jealously he thought. And to be honest, he’s hurt with that. To hear she said that words to someone else. The one that always he thought as his rival. After all that I’ve done to get her back... Is she still loved him? Is there’s no me anymore in her heart?

...

 


Have a fun read all.... please do subscribe and comment... Thank you...^^