Chapter 34

Like A Dream

 

        “Howon-a? Eunji-a? Anybody here?”, Sunggyu put his bag in the sofa and come to the kitchen. It’s about 1 in the Sunday noon when he arrived from Daegu after spent his weekend with his wife and in-law. Their business partner give him some big project in London that attract him. So he decided to comeback earlier to Seoul to prepare some files before he goes to London the next morning.

          Are they get out? Sunggyu thought. The house is looked silent, this is Sunday, and all the maid have they day off. He’s looking around the house and decided to take a look at Howon and Eunji’s room. Are they still sleep?

         “Howon-a...? Eunji? Are you inside?”, he’s knocking their door, and when he heard nothing, he tried to open the door. Open. “Howon-a?”, he looked at his little brother across the room. Stand in front of the window, his eyes locked at the crossroad behind it. He just looked like a statue there, frozen with his own mind.

          He approached him slowly and lightly tapped his shoulder, “Hei, Howon-a... What are you doing here?”

          “Ah...oh... Hyung! When did you arrived?” perplexed he turned to him and asked him.

          “Ya... I’m here half day already. Yet you didn’t know I’m here?”, he . He looked disbelief, but still trust his hyung. “Eoh? Already? But when Eunji gone I didn’t saw you?”

          “Eunji is go? Where?”

          “Mmmm....”, hesitantly he answered him, “You know hyung, ladies, she asked me if she can meet her friends. And what can I say? I can’t say no huh?”, he said no, but Sunggyu can saw him pouted, looked didn’t even willingly to said yes to her. He laughed at him.

          “Eoh?? Why hyung? Why did you laugh?”

          “Huh? No? I just feel that you’re so cute Howon-a? You didn’t agreed her to left you alone, right, but couldn’t said no to that. Aigoo, Howon-a, you have to let her have her own life, don’t you? If you just hold her here all day long, she must’ve been bored to death. Don’t you think?”

          “I know... I know hyung, it’s just...”

          “What? You just want to spent all day long with her huh?” smiled he asked him. Looking all shy, he blushed and nodded. “Huh? Blushed? Howonie? You blushed? What...why? What happened between both of you yesterday?”, excitedly he asked Hoya.

          “No...no...nothing hyung...”, frantically he shakes his head and hands. But those just make Sunggyu surer that something did happened when he’s gone.

          “Eoh?”, he slanted his unseen eyes, “Sure, Howon-a. Really? Nothing happened. Humm....okay, I’ll go fetch Eunji and asked her myself.” He and walked out the door.

          “No...no hyung, don’t fetch her. Don’t ask her anything”, Hoya grabbed his brother arm.

          “So, bother to tell me what happened Howonie?”, his smiled evilly, ready to win his curiosity. He sited upon his bed, and make a gesture with his hand to Howon get sited in front of him. Sighed, know his self that he can never win from his brother, he sat in the sofa beside the bed.

          “Humm...nothing happened hyung, really. It’s just....”

          “What...what...? Did you two..ehem...”, faking coughing he asked him with his eyes. Hoya just confused to see his gesture. “What...”, he asked him. “What? That?”, his pupils larger when he thought about what Sunggyu means. “No...no hyung, of course not, are you crazy?” his face gets reddish like a tomato now.

          “What? Why? I don’t see something wrong from that. You’re both adult and married. And didn’t you already settle those bitter feeling from the past?”

          Hoya looked at his hyung. He said that they both have a deal to have this marriage, but he didn’t ever tell him what the cause that made Eunji agreed. He hates himself for that. For all that he’s done to her, for all that he’s done to his family. But what can he do? He couldn’t let her left again. Whatever the consequences are.

          “Oh... hyung”, he bent down his face, averted his eyes to the floor below, “Actually... We... You know, I...mmmm... She didn’t agree before, but... But I...”

          “I know. I know Howon-a.”, Sunggyu cut his words. Shocked, Howon looked at him, “You know? What? When? But.... Did Woohyun hyung?”

          “No...” he shakes his head, “Not Woohyun, not Eunji or you either. I had my suspicion from the start that something wrong in this remarriage thing. You know you can’t act well, Howon-a, so does Eunji. So I decided to search for the answer myself. I knew it all along, Howon-a. I know how much it must’ve been difficult for you. Even to choose this way from the start.”

          “Hyung....I’m...I’m so sorry...”

          “Aigoo ya Howon. I know how you’re feeling all these time. Believe me, I can understand why you choose this way. Even if this is maybe not the noble way, but nothing wrong with it Howon-a. Can’t you see, you loved each other, both of you. And someone has had courage to make a move first.”

          “And don’t say sorry, okay? You can told me everything now, and not drink every day to ease yourself. Don’t punish yourself to hard. I’m not blaming you.”

          “Hyung...thanks... Thank you so much”, he mumbled under his breath, didn’t even think that his brother won’t blame him like this. Moreover he just supported him, in every way he chooses.

          “Ya.... Don’t be like that”, he laughed, ease the atmosphere, “Just tell me what happened yesterday between you and her, my curiosity killing me, don’t you know?”

          And he just started to blush again. To think about what happened two days ago, in that lodge. Him kissing her, she that kissed him back. It’s just still overwhelmed for both of them. “Nothing, hyung. I’s just... we’re kissed. That’s all.”

          “Kissed? Just that?”, but why you looked so shy about that Howon. Sunggyu burst to laugh. “It’s not like you still in middle school, right. And like I said before, you’re both married, and love each other.”

          “Really, hyung. Do you really mean that? Do you think that she love me?”

          “Huh? Can you see that? She loved you, Howon-a. I know I’m sure of that. Don’t you think so?”

          “But... But she hates me, Hyung. That’s why I can’t even tell her that I’m sorry about what happened three years ago. Or told her that I loved her, I missed her all this years. She hates me. More over when I used her loved one to trade her freedom with me.”

          “I’m sorry for that, Hyung. I, myself didn’t even think that I could do something like that. It’s just I want her for back to me again. I just hope that she can give her heart for me once again. But that just make her further than before.”

          “Actually, I thought about gave her the divorce that she wanted. But I can’t hyung. I can’t lose her again. This thought really drove me crazy. That’s why I drink every night to drunk, I think. I really want to forget the fact that she hates me. And I do want to erase all the thought to have divorce her.”

          “I don’t know, Hyung. It’s just that we had fight every day. Acted cold towards each other. I know I’m wrong, but I can’t find myself treated her as I want. The thought of her hates me haunted me.”

          “But that day, when you all gone. I felt that she slightly opened her heart for me, Hyung. She takes care of me when I’m so drunk that day, and she laughed at me. Can you imagine, Hyung. She laughed. She smiled. Gosh, you know how much I missed that smile. Her smile is the most beautiful thing that I ever saw. I get my hope high. That we can back together somehow. And then there’s Myeongsoo. And Hyuna.”

          “Myeongsoo... What about him. She didn’t know him, right. I don’t remember that she ever met him. And Hyuna? What do you mean? She is your college friend, right? I’m slightly remembering her.” Sunggyu asked him.

          “That’s... That Myeongsoo.” Hoya looked a little bit annoyed with that name, Sunggyu didn’t know what exactly happened. But Hoya didn’t like him even before. And now, he looked like he wants to punch that poor little boy.

          “I’m not quite understood why you didn’t like him. He’s nice, kind, and he’s not looked like a spoiled boy, even with his background. And if you knew him, I think you’re going to like him.”

          “No, I’m not. It’s just that I don’t like him. Just because the fact that he is Kim Myeongsoo, just that. I know you’re all love him that much, and pitied him. You, grams, gramps, and Fany noona too. What to pity about him, hyung. He still has his parents, his sister. You all always compared me to him, even since we’re little.”

          “Aigoo, Howon-a. Is that little thing from our childhood really made you jealous toward him? Until now?” Sunggyu laughed, didn’t think that his little brother really this childish. “And now what, are you jealousy toward him include Eunji?”

          “Hyung!! I don’t like him, okay. Just that. And with Eunji. I really can’t take that she just nice to everybody. And I don’t like the fact that she always attracted men with the way she’s smile. I hate it when she laughed with other men. Moreover that man is Myeongsoo.”

          “Myeongsoo? Eunji?”, Sunggyu frowned, “Are they met in that party?” Hoya just shrugged his shoulder, didn’t believe that Myeongsoo and Eunji did just met at that party. “That’s what she told me. But I don’t know, Hyung. I can’t believe that. How can she just that closed with someone that she’s met for about...it’s not even an hour.”

          “Closed? They just talked I bet. You just too obsessed with her sometimes, Howon-a. Eunji always like that. She just a bubbly and nice person, and yes, with her personality, I think that she can made anyone get closed to her in amount time.”

          “That’s why she drove me crazy, Hyung. She just that nice with anybody, except me. And no, it’s not just chatting. He hugged her, can you believe me. Hugged. And she just smiled at him. And she just called her Eunji. Just Eunji. How can I believe that there’s nothing wrong with them.” He grabbed his hair with frustration.

          “Aigoo, Howon-a. It’s just your jealousy, please... It’s just too excessive sometimes.”, Sunggyu rolled her eyes. “And what about Hyuna, what’s made her into this?”

          “Ah, Hyuna? Nothing. It’s just... I saw her that night, and from what I heard from Eunji that night, she thought that I kissed Hyuna. That’s just impossible, right.”

          “And Hyung”, suddenly his eyes beamed, “Her expression when she told me that I kissed Hyuna, and when she said that she was hurt because of me. Somehow I can saw a fade of jealousy there. Is it true, Hyung. Or it’s just in my imagination? Couldn’t that means that she still have a feeling for me?”

          “You said that you’re kissed her right?”

          “Eoh...”, he nodded.

          “And her? What’s her reaction?”

          “Uh...it’s just happened, Hyung... I...I didn’t even think anything, and she... I don’t know, Hyung...”, reluctantly he answered. Of course he remembered every detail, every moments with her, but he just want to keep it himself. Sunggyu just looked at him, somehow understood what inside of his thought. He just smiled.

          “She kissed you back I guess”, Sunggyu just hold his laugh when he looked at Hoya’s face when he said that. “Howon-a... I told you that she still love you. Put a little trust to yourself. And trust her too. Don’t acted crazily like that again. I know you’re always have that possessive thing about her, but try to believe her. If she is yours, she will always be yours.”

          “I...I don’t know, Hyung. I want to talked to her, seriously, heart to heart. Just two of us. I thought that we’d ready to open a new page of our life, to get rid of our bad feeling before. But after that night, things just became more awkward for us. She’s kind of avoid me. Just like today. Actually I want to asked her for a date, when she cut off my word, and told me that she want to hang out with her friends.”

          “Humm...”, Sunggyu puts his hands to his chin, thinking hard about what that Hoya has said. “Place and time to heart to heart talk?” Then suddenly he snapped his finger, “I know, Howon-a. What about Jeju? And you can help Hyung too.” He grinned.

          “Jejudo?”

      “Yes, Jejudo...” His eyes beam with his brilliant thought. “You can attend that Architectural annual meeting as our company representative,. You know that Woohyun that supposed to go there suddenly fell sick, he called me yesterday, that he didn’t even have strength to get up. Aigoo, he just tired himself these days. That’s why hyung comeback earlier, beside I have to do some preparation for next project. I want to take a look for him.”

          “You can help hyung, huh? Just learned that presentation and you can edited it as you want, for your preference. I know you have a slight different taste with Woohyun. And Eunji would be a perfect support for you, both physic, mental, or brain. You have to acknowledge her know-how in this field.”

“And more over Jejudo. You can take your time there, after that presentation done you can have a vacation there. As your CEO, I give you permission to go there longer”, he smirks.

          “Is she will agree, Hyung?” Hoya still hesitant.

          “Of course she will, don’t you know that she always want to go there? She’d go there when she was little, with her parents, and never again since then. She said that the scenery just so beautiful in her memory, and she wanted to go there once again.”

          “Really, Hyung?” he squinted his eyes, looking curiously at his brother. “Why you know her that much?”

          “Aigoo...”, Sunggyu sighed. He actually rise up and ready to get out from Hoya’s room, but before he wanted to knocked some sense to his little brother, lightly he smacked his head. “Aigoo, Howon-a. Please get rid of that crazy and blind jealousy.”

          “Ouch... hurt, Hyung.” Hoya said to Sunggyu, but the big brother just shrugged his shoulder and answered, “Just want to knocked you some sense. Ah by the way, your sister in law will stay longer in Daegu, I don’t want her to stay alone here without anyone to take care of her. I mean mom and grams not here either. Good thing then, when you both actually gone.”

          “Alone? Are you want to go somewhere again, Hyung?”, Howon get up and walked with his hyung. “Mmm...”, Sunggyu nodded, “I’ll be going to London tomorrow.”

          “Get ready Howon-a, I guess you want to prepared all for that trip. And just tell you secretary about that plane ticket, for tomorrow okay, because that meeting is in two days.”

          “Tomorrow? How can I tell Eunji?”

...


Another update... Have a fun read. don't forget to comment and subscribe...^^

By the way, please kindly looked at my Hoji one shot..

Gbu all ^^