Chapter 22

Like A Dream

2 weeks later

He never felt like this before. Never once acrossed in his mind, that someday he will eventually and genuinely love for someone. Just one woman. The one that he’ll be able to risk all his life to get her. The one that make him up and down, just by her presence. The one that make his heart pounded so hard, and breathless upon one smile. The one that ripped away his soul with just one tear. The one that tied him to the sanity, yet keep him insane. The one that make him know the sense of fall. To falling in love.

Park Chorong, a simple and ordinary young woman that tried hard to pursued her dreams, became his first.

          For Nam Woo Hyun, love is not there in his life dictionary. Raised as a spoiled kid from a very rich family, blessed by both beauty and brain, he never failed to get whatever he want, except a warmth of a family. He practically raised by his maid, and grandmother that sometimes be there for him. His parents are nowhere to found, always in their business trip, so somehow he learned that they will give him everything, except themself. That’s the way he grown up, and that’s the way he treat others.

          He is kind though, he’s not fully brat from inside to outside. He just can’t stand a relationship, or love. It’s kind of a miracle for him to met Sunggyu. They attend the same university in London, same major, same class, and as Korean that lived there for a long time, they naturally being friends. And he decided to move in Sunggyu apartement rather than his mansion. For him Sunggyu always have something that he doesn’t have, warmth.

Even though he can’t always understand him, particulary about his love life. He always asked him the same thing, why he just love one person in a life time. Sunggyu have a love crush in his highschool, and as long as WooHyun know, he never attracted to another woman during he know him. It’s just nonsensical to him, but Sunggyu just shrugged every time he bring him a girl, any type.

It’s not like that WooHyun doesn’t believe in love. He believe in it. He believe that he as a man, blessed by all face, smiles that will melts people, build up body, smart brain, witty sense, whole packaged of a Don Juan, it’s a vain to spent it all just for one woman. So he just love a women for a while, a day, or a month most long, before his desire fired off. After all there’s way too much women that seduced him. That’s the meaning of love for him.

That’s why when he found her, he didn’t know what to do, or why he does feel like that. There’s nothing really special about her. She is pretty, yes she is, but not that absolute gorgeous for everyone in this world. Yet she can take all his breath. Her curvy body? Her chubby cheeks that bloomed like a cute bun when she laugh ? Her smile that can bring sunshine even in a dark storm day? Her coffee brown eyes? The eyes that full of curiousity and soul behind that, although it usually looked annoyed when she looked at him, or barely amused ? The brunnette wavey hair that framed her figure?

Nothing special yet so special in his eyes. He don’t know, he doesn’t find the answer yet. The reason why she is like his sun, his core of gravity, and all that he can do is circling around her. Maybe it’s simply because it is her, just her. Park Chorong.

The moment that he saw her, it’s like a magical moment, just like he’s under her spell, although she casted it unknowingly. There’s nothing like love at the first sight, but the second he looked at her, he mesmerized by her. And she refuse to get off of his heart and mind from that time. That very second.

So he willingly ready to do anything to get her. To make her eyes looked only for him, to make her smile for him, to make her his. He tried to met her, he tried to talked to her.

Although all seems vain, she never pay attention to him. For her, he is just a big player who is by chance standing in her path. She, that hurt by love, is not ready for another hurt. So she closed her heart. Inside, there’s still wound. Pain that ripped her apart because of unfaithful love, broken promises, and shattered faith.

For her, Nam Woo Hyun, is nothing better than her past boyfriend that smashed her beautiful imagine about love, if not worse.

...

          “Argh....!!!!!”, Chorong rushed into their home with rage and frustration. That makes all of her friend looked at her. YooKyung with her ladle and apron pop out from their kitchen, and Eunji and Bomi looked up from their couch to looked at her, to checked what’s wrong with her. Their eonnie never seem this angry, or frustrated, or anything that would describe her feeling now.

          “Why...why eonnie? What’s wrong?”, they all asked her. “That’s...freakin’...bastard...!!! Argh... !!!”, she angrily shouth her words. “Bastard? Who?”, Bomi asked curiously. Her cousin is not usually like this, throwed a temper tantrum, or looked this frustrated. She has a temper, it’s always like that, she’s not all kind and calmed like in all people assumption. But she is also the one who can controled it well.

          “That... WooHyun guy, that player...how dare he intruded me in my workplace. I just can’t stand him anymore. He’s not the one you can ignore and leave your life peacefully. He’s just so annoying...”

          “WooHyun-ssi? What’s again, eonnie?”, Eunji chuckled, half amused and half concern about her dear friend. She supposed that WooHyun like her or get a crush on her, she prefer that term, just crush. It’s all because when they’ve met with Chorong in the hospital, he can’t stop asked her about Chorong.

          Last week, when Eunji and Woohyun visited hospital to checked out the progress of their project, they met with Chorong with her hapkido uniform. She’s in the middle of teaching, when one of her student fall, so she rushed there. Eunji introduced them officialy there, even though she know that Woohyun already knew her.

          “That crazy guy... He’s in my class today, twice, no make it thrice. Two in my hapkido class, and one in my literature class. Is he out of his mind or what?”, she annoyed retorted. Chorong teach hapkido in the hapkido centre near their house, and in her campus as an extra assistant. And she is also a student in Seoul University, somehow, she liked literature so much, so last year, she enrolled herself to learn about that more deeply.

          Something that doesn’t make sense for her, how can WooHyun pop out of nowhere to her class, three of them. And the one that really get her nerve is the third time, in her private class. It supposed full of children that she love teached, boys and girls with their passion about this sport. And then that face that stalked her one day along appear there, between her lovely students. He already annoy her all day long, but with his appearance, trying to get her attention all time in class. All of her students, and their parents stare strangely at them both. They must supposed that he is her lover or something like that. And she know well it’s not like that, at all.

          “What’s wrong with him, really...”, Chorong still grumbled, even after they all ready to sleep that night. “Is it so clear, eonnie...”, Bomi heared her and answered her question. “What?”, she frowned, “Humm...let’s see...Is it that Nam Woo Hyun-ssi like you? He is head over heels about you...”

          “What...!!! That player? No...no...no....it can’t be...”, Chorong squinted her eyes, and just go to her room.

...

          Is WooHyun-ssi really like Chorong eonnie? I’m not quite sure about that... Well it’s not like I know what’s inside his mind, it’s just I don’t want to looked at broken Chorong eonnie again. Eunji thought to herself, when she heard her phone ringing. “Hello?”, not recognized number, but still she pick it up.

          “It’s me...” she heard someone answered, someone that the voice she knows pretty well. Hoya.

          “I know you hear me, meet me tomorrow at Milky way cafe, Hongdae, 4 pm, you know where...”, she heard his demand and cold voice, but still she can’t make a mental desicion to turn his phone off or to answer him.

          “Just go there, you’ll be regret it if you’re not come, I can guarantee that”, still that cold voice, stern voice that she hadn’t hear for so long. It’s like a threat. And Hoya is not like that. Something scared her, something that creping in her mind that there’s must be something serious behind that 3 seconds call. It’s not like that he didn’t try to called her, or asked her to met before. But now, something in his voice, in his tone, or in the way he made his words, is frightened her.

          He’s usualy not like that. And he never make her feel this way before.

...

Milky way Cafe, Hongdae

       The autumn breeze kissed his skin when he stroll by a street that almost never he visited before. The beauty of golden brown falling leaves that dance from it’s way back to earth is not in his sight right now. He didn’t have a spare mind to looked at the smile of a glorious children in their peace of mind, running through him. The one thing that usualy take his mind even for a while. The one that always made him wondering if, and only if their child was there.

But all of this plan occupied him. He barely even can closed his eyes last night, after he called Eunji. He already knew that the thing that he will do is something bad, very wicked, and disgusting even for him self. He knows that all. But he can’t figure out something else beside this plan. Nothing, if he want her back. No one know what would he do today, even his hyung, the one that always be the backup for him. He know that Sunggyu will strongly opposed this. But still his selfishness win.

He looked at the small cafe, with warm wood decoration in it. Milky way Cafe. He only visited this place once, 4 years ago. That’s when Eunji, his Hyerim, suddenly struck to a new song from 10cm ‘Love in the Milkyway Cafe’. She loved that song too much, and in the end she dragged him here.

He come in, feel a warmth surround him, exclude him from the cold autumn wind. His heart warmed with his memories of her, their sweet memories that rewind by itself in his mind. A stupidness of a younger adult to face love. Their foolishness for not even know what's inside their heart is not always what their mind thinking. From time when all that matter is them self. To have fight, bickering with each other for every tiny matter. To simply smile again when he looked at her contagious smile.

How he always missed her smile.

He picked the place in the corner. A comfort and cozy place to soothed his mind. And he waiting. Like he always do these years. Waited.

Waited for her to come back to him. Waited for her to forgive him. Waited for the time that will healed their broken dreams. And now he don't want foolishly waiting for her again.

He just can't. He want to take her again. Claimed her. Even though he knows its wrong. Still he want to take that risk. He decided it’s better than to looked with his own eyes that she will belong to someone else. He can't let that all happen. He won't.

He let his mind wandering, not realized that someone silently sat in front of him.

"What do you want?" Flatly she said. Like she always was. Blunt, never beat around the bush. She talked to him like he is nothing to her. Finally realized her, he looked at her, masked his longing with a stern face.

"So you come..." he smirked. A smirk that sends chill through her spine.

"What do you want?" once again she said to him. Didn't want to spend more time with him. He made her scared. Always like that. She afraid how her mind drawning to him every time he's around. How she feels her heart weaker when he's beyond her sense. He keeps bugging her. His faked smile, his dimmed eyes. She just didn't want to believe her self with him anymore.

She thought that she have erased him completely from her heart from her mind. 3 years is a long time for her to fixed her heart and mind.  To get back and forget her past. But it seems that its not. He is still lingering there. She never get fixed in the first place.

“Just want to offer you something that you won't decline", that smirk stills there.

"What?" she looked at him, half scared and half curious.

"Your Yoseob oppa..."

"What about him? What's wrong with him? Is something happened with him?” She ranted the question to him. He knows that it will make his plan worked. She wouldn't let anything happen to her oppa. But her concerned eyes throbbed him. He make up his mind.

"You know that his company is on the edge right now...",he throwed a bundle of file in front of her, "I can make him forever be sorry to be in this field.” There is a vivid threat in his voice. "You can either save him or push him through that edge.”

She knows that something wrong with his company when he left two days ago. She knew him. There's must be something that he hide behind that "everything is fine" words from him every time she asked. She squinted her eyes. Braced herself to looked at the man in front of her, she asked "What do you want from me?"

"Marry me..."

 


PLease make a comment n subscribe if u like this story....><

Thanks b4

GBU....^^