Chapter 5

Like A Dream

Shilla Hotel Club, Seoul

“Waiters...!!! Give me my drink...!”, half drunk, Hoya put his glass in front of him. He’s already there for 3 hours, just drink and drink, trying to forget what happened earlier.

“But, sir... You already drunk... Are you want to get some taxi home?”, a waiter help him, when he almost fall from his chair.

“No...!”, he yelled at him and release his self, “I’m fine...How many times I have told you all. I’m a man now, I’m not a child anymore... Stop lecturing me..!!”

“A-alright, sir...”

“What happen, Juwon-a?”, a bartender ask that waiter when he back to get him some drink. “Another desperate drunk man?”, she asked.

“Ah, Hyerim-a... Are you here to replace Bomi?”

“Yes, she want to spent her new year eve with her family, and here i am...”, she shrugged. She used to be a bartender here, and after Sunggyu offer her a fixed job, she quit this job.

“What about that man? Are you sure he won’t make a commotion here?”

“I don’t know”, he shrugged, “He looked rich and spoiled, Mr. Jang himself that take him here, so he must be an important person...”

“Mr.Jang?”

“Ah, you don’t know him right? He became a front manager after you left. I heard that he used to be in this hotel for 20 years, as an officer and he want to take that position as a front manager, when they offered him to be a general manager. Can you imagine that? Is a position as a front manager looks more interesting than a general manager? And he say it’s all about passion, whew... a passion to served...”, he might be lecture her more if that customer didn’t make a stir.

“Waiter...!!!!”, Hoya shout, “I said get me drink....”

“Aigoo...”, Juwon sigh, “I guess I have to told Mr.Jang, that young master is drunk... Can you help me, Hyerim-a?”

“Okay...just left. I’ll handle him...”

...

Wow...the drunk young master, is none other that this spoiled little brat... Hyerim thought, when she saw Hoya actually half sleep in front of her.

“Hyerim-a... let’s take him upstair, they’ll get a room for him”, Juwon tell her and help her lift him... they almost reach outdoor when their manager, Mr.Choi, called him.. “Juwon-a, i need your help in here, it’s getting crowded... And Hyerim, after you take that customer to his place, you can go home early, the new bartender is already here. Thanks for replaced Bomi...” and headed to their crowded club. It’s almost 10, in a new year eve, so the club is like a market right now. Juwon face her with helpless face.

“It’s okay, Juwon-a... beside I can go home early tonight, nothing i can wish more, right...”, she smiled and winked to him.

...

Ugh.. this brat heavier than his looks. I must tell him sometimes that he needs a diet...

“Emm...excuse me? I’m a bartender from the club, and I’m told to bring Mr.Lee to here..”

“Ah...Mr.Lee... Okay, miss...I’m really sorry to make difficulties for you, but can you help him to his room, please...”, Mr.Jang plead her. “It’s kind of hectic here...”

“Oh...okay”, she rolled her eyes, “Where’s his room...”

“Ah...let’s see... The only empty room is 818, its in eight floor, the 18th room, you can go to the right from lift. Here is the card..., Oh, and thank you...thank you so much. Just came here when you’re finished.” He bowed to her.

Eight floor, 18th room... august, 18th... she giggled, “My birthday...”, she sigh. “W-what...”, Hoya heard something that knock him from his sleep. “Wow, now you wake up, young master...Right, perfect time then...”

“No...no...”, he still drunk,”What did you said?”

“Huh? Perfect time...?”, she opened the door and help him come in, and put him to the bed.

“No..no...not that... The one earlier, in front of the door...”, he shook his head, try to looked more clearly and trying to expel these stars that running around in his head.

“My birthday?”, Hyerim looked confused...

“Ah... Hyerim-a... it’s your birthday today?”, Hoya smiled to her. The sweetest smile she ever saw him. He never smiled like that as she knows. And she startled how he ever recognized her.

“N-no.... this room is... 818?”

“Huh?”, he tilt his head to right and left, cutely...”so today is this room birthday?”, and smiled to her again.

“Aigoo...you must be very drunk, Mr.Lee...”, she smiled at him, amused. “The room is my birthday, you know... I bet you’re not...”

“N-no..no...”, only heaven know what words he want to spill next, because he just vomit then, to his own clothes, and along with that, to hers too.

“W-what...Aigoo....!”, she just sigh. Again...

...

How he recognized her? He didn’t know that clearly too... He dreamed that he heard her voice, her husky yet cute voice yet grumbling as she sigh beside him. He heard her voice when she mumbling to no one...”My birthday...” , and he really doesn’t know which one is dream.

....

“Aigoo...How can I washed away this stinks...”, Hoya heard someone mumbling in the bathroom.. Where am I? What I’m doing right here? Argh, my clothes? Where’s my tux? He shocked to learn that he is in a hotel room, with half body , and a very heavy headache.

“Ya...!!!”, he screamed when he looked Hyerim get out from the bathroom, in her wet bartender uniform. Gave him a sight that he knows everyone would die for...

“Ya...!!!”, she shouted to him back, tired and dejected. She just want to go home. Tomorrow is her parents death aniversary, and she wants to go to Busan this night to pay a visit for them. She just have such a little time to go back and forth to Busan, because of her job. But she won’t make it now and with her wet uniform... so she glare a dagger to him..

“W-what....?”, Hoya try to focus to her eyes, instead of her body, and realise that he is half .

“What have you done to me?”, he shouted to her.

“Nothing, you little brat...!!! Why would I have to met you, in a day like this... argh... you’re really nothing but a pain in the for me...”, she screamed, let her frustation out.

“Ouch...”, Hoya massage his temple. Ouch, my head... the room looks like want to spin. Wait...where am I again? In hotel room? With this annoying woman? Why... in sudden the memories run to him. Fany noona... club... waiter, is she a bartender here? 818? This room? Gosh... am I vomit to her? Damn....

“Ya...ya...chill out. I’m sorry to get you to this trouble...”, Hoya realize that she is in trouble because of him. He fell a surge of guilt too when he realize that she is really doing nothing beside help him, yet he yelled at her. He search for his clothes but found nothing, so he take the bathroom gown in front of him. Then he brave him self to approach her.

“Ehem... Ah... mmm... Hyerim-a? Miss Jung?”, carefully he sat infront of her.

“What?”, she still glare at him, still annoyed.

“Hmm... looks... I’m sorry that I get you into a trouble like this, I’m really really sorry. You can tell me what can I do to redeem your trouble...”, he try to plead her.

Looked at Hoya, Hyerim just can sigh. She’s not that hate him afterall, and she feels that maybe he has a big problem right now. Maybe it’s a fate that I can’t go home now... it’s not get me better to spit all my bad feeling toward him.

“I’m sorry...okay?”, he flashed her his sweetest smile, try to tame her anger. He smile like that again. He’s kinda cute like that, why I didn’t even know all this long, that he have a sweet smile, and looks handsome when he’s smile.

“Yes, Mr.Lee... It’s alright... I guess better I’ll go now, you are already sober.” She get up from the sofa, but he grab her hand, “Don’t...!”

“Ah...sorry”, he release her hand when he realise that he hold hers, “It’s not like that...uhmm...it’s just... I am so thankful that you help me tonight. And.. and.. will you stay here a while... Ah...I-I mean, your shirt still wet, right.. you can stay here a while...” What that I’m blabbers? Damn is it after effect of alcohol? Why my heart likely want to burst like this. It’s not that I love her, the one that I love is Fany noona. I’m supposed to be a broken heart guy right now. But why am I so excited when I look at her, and I hate the thought that she will leave?

Why he want me to stay? Should I stay? Or should I not? Hyerim a little perplexed that her ‘boss’ want her to accompany him like this.

“Are you want to drink?”, he blurted out of the awkwardness aura within them.

“Ne, thanks Mr.Lee...”, she smile at last. Maybe I should stay... I’m all alone anyway...

...

At last, they spent that new year eve together, drinking and chatting. Maybe it’s their almost similar age, or simply the somewhat loneliness in their heart, that bring them together, they found accompany in each other. In a mean time, they feels like they have known each other for a long time, and slowly the prejudice feeling between them resolved.

“So... are you stay alone in Seoul then?”, Hoya asked her.

“Humm...no...I’m stay with my friends, Mr.Lee...”, she already feel a little bit tipsy, but still gulp her wine.

“Ya...I already said before, don’t called me Mr.Lee, just call me Hoya...or...oppa?”

“What?”, she chuckled, “Oppa...Humm... Hoya oppa? It’s awkward you know...”, she found it funny and giggling.

“Ya...ya...are you already drunk?”, Hoya grab her forearm, try to help her. But his sudden grab bring her face so close to him, close enough to him to drunk by wine in her breath, close enough to him to looked deep down at her eyes and captivated by that, drowned into her soul, close enough to him to mesmerized by her smile, and close enough to him to feel that his heart beating faster, and faster. Without even thinking he found himself kissed her. The gentlest and the sweetest kiss ever, it’s just a moment, then he broke their kiss and look at her eyes, she looked startled though.

Gosh she’s so damn pretty... and lean himself to kissed her again. This time, she closed her eyes, surrender to her instinct. She trailed her arms to his nape, locked herself in his embrace. Deeper and deeper.

My heart beats like crazy, but yet I don’t want to release her. It’s feels so right for her to be in me, God...what’s all this...

 


an update....^^... thanks 4 read....please comment.....