Chapter 30

Like A Dream

 

 

Lee Mansion, Bukchon

          “Eunji !”, Soyu hugged her happily when she opened the door for her and Hoya when they arrived. For Eunji remember, her sister in law is the same beautiful like she used to. She still have that wavy brown hair, chubby cheeks, and figure that can make every man droll and women envy. But now, she has a baby bump in her stomach. And her face gleamed beautifully with happiness, that’s what make her more pretty.

          She hugged her back, have that same feeling of happiness when she met her again. The cold and awkward atmosphere that heavily poured in the car before, is gone when she entered this house. Believe it or not, she does missed all of his family member.

          “Let her come in first, honey”, Sunggyu came and put his hand to his wife shoulder. He smiled at her, “Welcome home, Eunji. We already waited for you to have dinner with us.” Then he help Hoya , that still have that grumpy face, with Eunji stuff.

          Eunji come and greeted all the elders. And what make her so relieved is all of them looked glad to see her again. They treated her just like they used to, as if she did not ever gone from their life before. It’s like that she just go home after a short vacation. Nothing change in them, all that change are her and Howon.

          After dinner, they tell her to rest at her room with Hoya. Sunggyu and Grams did not let Mom and Soyu monopolized her and chatting with her all night long, the thing that would be happen for sure if they let them.

          Hoya came in not long after. For all this night, he didn’t say anything to her. Right from her apartment, in the car, all along dinner and a little chit chat with his family after, until now. His face still that cold and grumpy expression. She can’t handle it anymore. Although she know that they don’t have a good relation from the start, she just can’t handle his cold and silent treatment from him.

          “So, isn’t this is all you want?”, she asked him, coldly.

          “What?”, he hissed at her, equally cold.

          “To threated me and trapped me in here. Your house. You think I won’t realize it huh? You think I’m an idiot or what?”, she snapped at him. Don’t know why but all that she want is pour out her emotion to him.

          “What do you mean by that? What trap?” Hoya glared at her. He don’t know either why he so mad at her. But he know clearly one thing, that phone called before from Yoseob, that make him extremely disappointed. And her sudden outburst burn that rage inside him.

          “Huh... Don’t you think I’m that stupid. I know why you told me to moved here. It’s all because you want me to be always in your radar huh? With your family. You think you can control me?”

          Hoya glared to her, his raging emotion made him lost his self control. His sense and logic. “Oh, right, I guess you’re not that stupid”, he hissed at her, opened the door that he closed earlier. He is about to get out, when he said, “So control yourself from now, you’re Lee Howon’s wife for the world”, and slammed the door behind.

          It’s has it part of course, he can’t deny it. He want her always close by his side. But the biggest part of the reason why he wanted them to stay in his family house is he want her to have a family. Just like that she always wants these times. To give her all that she wanted. To give her accompany. He knew how lonely she was when they just stay with just two of them before. When all that he’s done is worked all day long, and left her alone in their home. And he does not want her feel like that anymore. He wants to protect her from now on.

          But yes, it’s all only is in his mind, his heart. He can’t even tell her anything in his heart. To tell her that he missed her all this time. To tell her that he wants to fixed everything in their crushed marriage life. To tell her that he always loved her, from the moment he saw her until now. How much he’s sorry for the pain that he put her through. And he want her to understand that he know that exactly. For he does through the same pain too.

          But sometimes, the words that you want to tell for most is the one that have the hardest spelling the most.

...

          “So how about your life these days?”, Bomi asked when she called Eunji. Eunji couldn’t meet them all that she wanted. Except to finished all the project from the hospital, she hardly get out somewhere else alone. Soyu that’s really glad to has a new accompany, drag her here and there. Shopping, most of all. Or everything that woman in their age find attractive. And because Soyu is in her 28 weeks pregnancy, their family can only rest their mind if she is with Eunji.

          It’s not that honestly, beside of all the argument and cold treatment between her and Hoya, she find it’s a nice thing to moved in his house. His grams and aunts loved her, and they really treat her like they treated her before that accident. They do all the parents always do, include nags. And now she has partner in crime for that. Soyu, is a perfect sister in law, both of them have a quite strong alliance, until Sunggyu’s mom sometimes nags for both of them. And they just laughed at it.

          “Not that bad actually...”, Eunji is on her way back home from the Hospital. That project is almost done, just need some finishing touch in here and there, and it’ll done. As Hoya said, she can’t get herself in any project or work for sure. She will miss working for sure. “Where are you now? What about Yookyung and Eonnie? Aish...I miss you guys a lot.”

          “I’m in my office, Yookyung and Eonnie is in home as I know. You know we miss you too, can’t you just came to home?”

          “Nah... You know I can’t. We had to have dinner at home together.” She said, “And... as you know I’m with a chauffeur now...so don't think about running away”, she muttered

          “A totally lady like....”, Bomi can’t hold her laughed. She pitied her friend, but she can taste high society feel now. Not that bad, huh?

          “Ya...! Just wait until I can meet you all, I’ll kick your fat .”, she hissed at Bomi. And Bomi just laughed harder, “Okay, I’ll wait in fear...whohoo... Haha...”

          “Stop it already, you know I’m not like that.”, Eunji sighed, “What about Yoseob oppa? Are he’s fine?”

          “Oppa? You didn’t met him in your work?”

          “I do, but... you know. It’s hard for us to really talked in office. You know what people would say. And I can’t called him often in home also.”

          “Wow, your husband really get you on track huh? Are you still in cold war with him?”

          “I don’t know Bom... Looks like that. I don’t know anymore...”

          “You never know anything regards him, it’s all in your system. Both of you. Didn’t you moved back together to fixed everything from the start again. But why it’s just become worse?”

          “Dunno Bom... it’s just worsen than before. Before, it’s just like us bickering with each other and somehow always re conciliated again. But now, it’s feel like we both throw tantrum to each other. Shot our anger to each other. And it’s like we hate each other. No one wants to back off. I know I have my part, but I just can’t treat him like before. Before all of this happened, before that damn accident. It's just too different now. I just can’t trusted him anymore, or my self. It’s just left us more scar huh? To treated each other that poorly.”

          “You do still love him huh?”, Bomi asked her. Eunji just silent, she can’t answered her. She asked herself if she does. But everything didn’t that simple anymore.

...

          It’s already past midnight when she heard a crack from their bedroom door. Silently she sighed, but keep still as rock in her bed. He always came late, but this night it’s more late than usual. She knows. She knows that he never come home before she sleep these days. Or as it seems like she’s sleep. She knows that he always have some reeks of alcohol from him everytime he ‘s back home.

          He’s not a drinker, as far as she knows, she didn’t get it why he is now. She sighed deeper, un consciously, she just feel uncomfortable with all of this. She know that this re-marriage thing is a deal. A contract. But did he feels obligated as a husband to her, like he demanded her to him. How he always said that the world now know that they already comeback together, that Eunji is his wife, and she must put her act carefully. That’s why he restricted her from friends, especially Yoseob, right?

          But himself? She feels it’s just so unfair how he can drink everynight, with who knows who. She still feels that jolt in her stomach when she found a red mark of lipstick in her shirt the day before.

          Even though, she still wait. She can’t sleep before he come back home, although her mind keeps commanded her to. Even her head keeps telling her to snapped her mind. For logically, there’s nothing can fixed between them. There’s no hope for them to forgive each other. There’s no trust, and maybe there’s no more love between them. If he ever loved her.

          But this’ all beyond logic. All of this game between them is beyond sense for her.

          She keep her position, her back face him, and she keep her eyes closed. But she knows exactly what he’s doing right now. She can sensed him. How much she feared it, his present bring her sense on her skin, a tingling sensation that through her spine everytime he’s around. She hate it. She hate how much he still affect her.

          She heard him mumbled in his drunk, he moved closer to her bed. Eunji can’t help for not worried. All this time, he sleep in the sofa in their bedroom. Her heart keeps beating faster as he moved more closer. Faster and harder punched her ribcage until she feared he can hear that. He sit in the bed and leaned towards her. Reeks of liquor strongly came from his mouth. He caressed her gently, put back her fringe behind her ear, and he kissed her.

          “Hyerim-a...”, he mumbled in her ear, “Hyerim-a...”. And she can feel something wet flowing in her cheek.

His tears.

...

 


An update....^^....sorry to take it too long for a new update.

Have a fun read, please do comment and subscribe...

Have a happy Merry Christmas dear all, and have a joyful Holiday....

God bless you