Chapter 31

Like A Dream

        

        The light of the sun kisses his face and woke him up from his deep slumber. He feels pain in his head. It’s feels like something banging inside of his head. Hoya tried to opened his eyes, but it’s like someone put something in there too, it’s just to heavy for him to opened it, but he pushed himself to get up. And when he sit in his bed, that dizziness come back to him, with extra nausea thing that churning in his stomach. He run to the bathroom and vomited, until he feel much better.

          He took the honey tea upon his night table. That’s really a remedy, he thought. He took a sip of it and sit in his bed. He looked at himself. Wow...I’m looked wrecked. His necktie is nowhere to be found, his shirt un tugged with two button opened, he looked at the mirror from his bed and he do thinks too that he’s look absolutely damn, and most of all he’s smelled of alcohol.

          Then suddenly he realize something. Bed? Why I’m in bed? Am I sleep here all night? What about Eunji? Damn, my head still hurt. This honey tea just give a temporary effect. Wait...wait...honey tea? Whose put it in here? Is it Eunji? Eunji? Really? He smiled at that thought. The idea of her take care of him bring him such a big happiness in the morning. He is about to search for her when he heard his phone ringing.

          “Eoh...hello hyung?”, He asked Sunggyu that called him.

          “Ya! Are you not wake up yet?” frantically he asked him.

         “Hyung! I answered, okay, is it that means I’m already wake up?”, Hoya hissed to his hyung, “What’s up hyung. If it’s just a morning greeting, then forget it, I’ll put this off.”

        “Ya...ya!! Your big brother is still speaking, and now already noon, idiot. It’s already 1 o’clock, sleepy head. Guess you really worn out last night huh? Can’t imagine someone like you could drink like that every night. Don’t you feel sorry for Eunji. She’s your wife, and you always home late, drunk,” Sunggyu started his nag, “Don’t try to denied, I know you’re drunk. It’s just grams and mom didn’t know it. They just nag everyday why you’re not home every dinner. I can’t cover with another appointment or meeting anymore. No, I won’t, okay... Later you just go tell them yourself.”

        “Hyung..! Stop nagging would you, my head still hurt.” Hoya cover his ear and go the bathroom. He thinks that if he will meet his wife, better if he tidy himself first.

        “Okay...I won’t. But don’t forget to go to that business party tonight, you must come as our rep. Hyung can’t go there. As you know, your sister in law is with her parents in Daegu, and hyung will go there tonight. Take Eunji with you. Don’t left her alone. There’ll no one in home tonight.”

       “Yes...yes...”, half heartedly he heard all his word, then something hit him, “W-what? No one home? Why?”

        Hoya heard Sunggyu sighed loudly, “Ya! That’s why you must at home in times. Grams, mom, and dad have their Europe tour from today. You know that already planned,” Sunggyu can’t help to nagged at his little brother, he just too ignorance. “I take them to the airport this morning, they can’t wake you up because Eunji said you’re sick from last night. Huh, sick my , you must be drunk, right. Eunji just too good to always covering you.”

     “Sorry, Hyung. I don’t realize that...”, Hoya looked himself at the bathroom mirror, think about Sunggyu’s words when he found himself realize that he’s indeed too ignorance these days. He neglected all. His family. He can heard his brother sighed again, still weak at heart to keep nagged to him. “Alright, I know Howon-a. Just don’t do that again, okay. You’ll hurt not only yourself, but everyone that love you.”

         “I know, Hyung. Ah, and I will come to that party tonight.”

...

          Weird enough that all of this day he spent to smiled at me, no cold treatment anymore huh? What’s kind a pill that he took this morning, no, this noon, for him to acted like this? And now he dragged me to...shopping? Just can’t believe it... Eunji sighed when Hoya grabbed her hand and take her to another boutique when he don’t find something that attract his eyes.

          “Are you tired?”, he asked her, “Do you want to take a rest for a while, we can go searching after.” Too nice. From the moment he goes out from their bedroom this afternoon, he just acted all sweetly to her. Not like usual where in his rarely time met her, that he just keep that cold or grumpy or angry face towards her. And suddenly he take her to go out to Coex, browsing and searching for only God know.

          “No, but if I want to go home, will you let me? It’s almost dinner time, we should go home now.”

          Hoya pouted when he heard that she wants to go home. She can’t help to feel a tugging in her heart when she looked at his adorable pout, but all those time face him make her an expert to maintained her expression, in front of him.

          “We won’t have dinner at home. Don’t you remember that all of them are not home?”, and he dragged her to another store, “Okay then, let’s try here. Maybe we’ll find something for you.”

          After some time, store to store, and many times for Eunji to try many gowns, at last he find some clothes that he like. Even she was tired to do that change over and over again, but she can’t deny that she like it. The expression of him is awesome everytime he looked at her, jaw dropped literally, but then acted all cool he just told her to change again. And the face of him when she georgeously out from the changing room with that tube white dress, Eunji just want to snap a picture of his. It’s just too adorable. He blushed, no, his face just red, like a cooked shrimp, and Eunji know he have a difficultly where to place his eyes.

         She likes that dress though, simple short tube dress, in broken white, with it back is in lace, see through material, and low cut in chest area, give a real vibe of y dress. Not racy, but elegantly y in her body. Made it looks more voluptuos. But Hoya just didn’t permit her to buy it, he just picked another dress, a conservative one this time.

          It’s a simple peach dress, light fabric, with decent cut. She looked beautiful in that, but Eunji just don't feel like it fitted her. Too feminine for her. But who can she debate, Hoya just stubbornly make her dressed in that, pay it, and drag her to another place. A beauty shop, he make her did the make up there. And he just go alone to pick him self a suit.

          After that, Hoya sit at the sofa behind her, wait for her to get ready. She looked tired, and almost fall asleep when the stylist do her hair. He can’t take his eyes off of her.

          God, she just so damn beautiful. More and more each time I saw her. And yes, I love her more and more each day. She looked so cute when she fall asleep like that, the stylist have a great job to make her bun without waking her. Glad I picked this shop, and that dress. God, how can I let her wear that white dress as she wanted. She’s already attract people around her even without that, how can I let her wear that y dress. I won’t let any man look at her.

          God, please tell me. How can I do to make her mine again, to make her heart with me again. She’s my all, I don’t want to lose her again. Not after this time I missed her and now she’s right in front of me.

          “Sir, your wife is ready, you can wake her up now. Poor her, I guess she just too tired huh? She slept even when we do her make up and hair”, that stylist tapped Hoya’s shoulder, woke him from his daydreaming.

          He just nodded and approached her slowly. “Eunji-a, wake up, honey... We have to go now.”

...

          It’s the biggest and greatest party that Eunji attended all over her life. It’s not like she had that much. It’s just when she’s in Japan, Yoseob often to take her along to attend party like this. Business party.

          The house is like a castle that she know from the movie or fairy tale. It’s not that big, but it’s like an old west house that keeps the story behind her. Mysterious. Elegant. And for some reason she feels it’s sad. She doesn’t feel like she’s in the down town of Seoul right now. She’ll believe if anyone told her that she’s in England or France.

          Kim family mansion. That’s the sign that she read when their car passed through the first gate. Hoya told her that their family have some business agreement with their family, but the one who attended things like this usually is Sunggyu. Hoya don’t quite like to have something like business party, or a party itself. Even though he knew their child. But when Eunji asked him more about the successor of this beautiful mansion, Hoya just glared of her, and make her shut off her curiosity.

          When they came in, Eunji just struck in awe. The inside sight of that house is absolutely more cool that the outside. Hoya don’t said anything, and he don’t looked that he pleased with all of this. He just grab her hand and take her to get in their table. “Stay here, okay. Don’t go around. I’ll get some food for you, we’ll have a chit chat with someone here, then we can go home, alright?” Hoya said after he get her to her chair. Eunji just nodded, and look around her when he left.

         The party looked fun for anyone that’s in the circle. The food looks great with many drink that you can choose yourself in the bar. Eunji just can’t imagine it, a bar inside a house. There are so many people engaged in conversation here and there, some laughing and some in business mode. Looks fun, she thought, but unfortunately, she knows no one there, and all of them looked sophisticated, looked like they already know each other in their little and exclusive clique. So she just wait there, just like Hoya told her to.

          She still amazingly look at her surrounding when something that laid in front of her eyes shocked her. It’s just like someone punched her right in her stomach and tugged her heart from it place. It’s hurt. How much she remind herself that they’re nothing now, it’s still hurt. So much until she feels suffocated there. She averted her eyes from that scene, and decided to go outside. To gave her self a break.

         It’s in mid autumn now, the chills already strike her skin and the cold wind gushed her bone. It’s so cold in the balcony, especially when you just wear that thin dress like her. But still, it’s better for her to stay there, than inside that too warm for her to bear.

         The sky is clear, and the stars are shining brightly in their black abyss. It’s just like that you can pluck them if you stretched your hand to them. Reachable beauty, yet for truth is so far away. Just like him.

          Silently Eunji raise her hand, try to reach every single of them. So beauty until it’s almost blinded her heart. The cold breeze kissed her face once again, and she failed to hold those tears any longer.

           “What is the beautiful princess doing in this cold autumn night outside?”, she hopped with shock when suddenly she heard someone speak behind her. Quickly she erased all the tears from her eyes, and turned around to face him. She’s a mess, she knows, but the man in front of her made her want earth to burry her instantly. He just absolutely gorgeous. If words can describe him in one.

         He is tall, with decent fine body, not too built nor too skinny. His face is handsomely in egg shape, with every piece of it perfectly compliment each other. His skin is like a porcelain, white and smooth. His eyes is two small dark brown orbs that adsorb her to his world. It’s beautiful, mysterious, elegant, and in the same time sad. Just like her thought about this house. He smile at her, and she can see a small dimple in his corner of his mouth. How can God made person this perfectly, Eunji thought. A man that looked pretty yet handsome in the same time.

          “Hello? World to princess?”, he waved in front of her face to grab her attention. She just stare at him. Blankly. “Hello?”, he speak louder.

         “Uh? Oh?”, perplexed she answered him, “Hi?”, she looked at him with questioned face, but he just laughed at her. He offer her his right hand. “Hello, princess... May I know your name?”

          “Eoh? Oh...”, she took his hand and shake it, “M-my name is Eunji, Jung Eunji”,still find it hard for her to speak to him.

          “I’m Myeongsoo”, he still laughed, “And what are you doing outside. It’s so cold in here.” He still hold her right hand in his.

         “Eoh? No, it’s just...hmmm....it’s just beautiful in here, don’t you think so?”, she took her hand from him, and awkwardly nodded her head to the sky above. But she can’t help not to shudder when a gush of wind kissed her.

          Myeongsoo noticed it, “Aigoo, is it that beautiful until you left the warm and come to cold like this”, and put his tux in her shoulder, make her warmer with his hands still hugged her in shoulder. At first she tried to avert his hand, and made a gesture that she is fine, but Myeongsoo just stubbornly placed his tux in her shoulder, “You’ll get cold like this, Eunji...” It’s not like that she can rejected his charmed in a moment like this, so she just let him be.

          They spent a whole ten minutes to speak up with each other. Eunji don’t understand why, is it in her mood or it’s just him, but she just feel comfortable around him. She just met him for about fifteen minutes, yet she feels like she knows her for fifteen years. She can laughed and told him about his friends and family. To a totally stranger. But he don’t act like she’s a stranger. It’s like that he knew her too.

         He was about to tell her another lame joke to cracking her up, when suddenly a grab of hand roughly pulled his hand from her shoulder. “What are you doing, Myeongsoo?”, they heard someone sharply asked him.

        Before they can turned around, he already take Eunji to his embrace, his hand in her waist, grab it tightly. “Oh, Hoya hyung!”, Myeongsoo said when he looked at him. Hoya's eyes shot a glare to him, full of rage. And when he looked at his hand in her waist, he tilted his head.

        “Are Eunji...?”, he tried to find a fit word just to cut with his words, “My wife. What are you both doing here?”

         Eunji feels suffocated by his gesture, he just hugged her too tightly, and she’s not in the mood to get hugged by him. “Release me, will you”, she hissed, try to release herself from his embrace. It’s uncomfortable, and to be honest, it’s kind of embarrassing to her for Myungsoo to looked all this. But her try is all vain, Hoya just tighten his grip.

          “She told you to release her, hyung, you hugged her too tight. She can’t breath.”

          “It’s not your business”, he muttered under his breath, “We had enjoyed this party, thanks for your hospitality. But we had to go home now, if you let us.”, Hoya release her just to grab her hand tightly, forced him self to bowed and awkwardly smile at Myeongsoo. Then he dragged her and stomped inside.

...

A late update.....><....sorry

Have a fun reading.....^^