It's Me

Perfect...Truly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 4[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]It's Me[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Bzzzzzzt! Bzzzzzzt! Bzzzzzzt!

Mei Li woke up to the sound of her annoying alarm clock that was set on loud so she’d never be able to doze off again. She shut it off and got up to take a shower. While she was blow-drying her hair, she stared at the two mini canvases propped up by the window. Hopefully he’ll like it.

She had painted them to give to Luhan as his birthday present. She wanted to buy him something expensive, but couldn’t afford it. Plus, she didn’t know what to buy him anyways. She was always bad at buying gifts for others.

So, she had decided to give him two paintings. Art was really the only thing she was good at in her opinion.

She brushed her hair and went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. After a few minutes, she glanced at the clock on the wall and sighed. “Why can’t time move faster today?” she mumbled to herself, wishing that it’d be time for Luhan’s party already.

Throughout the whole day, she kept checking the time, only to end up pouting at how slow it was passing. She had already changed into a cute summer dress, a cardigan, and tights; and placed the two mini paintings in a box. She’d also put a copy of the photo of her and Luhan from the Christmas party last year with it, in which she had written a few things on the back. Eventually, she was so bored that she started cleaning the house, which she rarely ever did.

She dusted the living room, swept and mopped the floors, cleaned the kitchen, and tidied up her bedroom.

After doing all of that, there was still time left before she had to leave. She was so tired from the cleaning that she decided to take a little nap. She made herself comfortable on the couch and drifted off to sleep in no time.

 

 

 

Hours later, Luhan was becoming anxious.

Where is she? She is coming today, right? He called the security guard again for the nth time, only to receive the same message. “Where could she be?” he mumbled to himself.

Suddenly, he found himself enveloped in a huge group hug by six people. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they shouted before letting go.

Luhan laughed when he realized it was the EXO-K members. They congratulated him and for being ‘old,’ but he was still a bit distracted.

“Hyung! We came to your party and you’re ignoring us?” Sehun whined.

“Yea, are you looking for someone or something?” D.O asked, noticing how Luhan was constantly gazing at his phone.

“Huh? Oh it’s nothing, sorry. What were you saying?” Luhan asked, trying to divert his attention.

Just then, Lay popped up from behind and swung his arm around Luhan. “He’s looking for his girlfriend,” he cooed.

“Mei Li’s coming too?” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Well, I thought she was…” Luhan replied, biting his lip.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure she’s on her way here,” Suho tried to reassure him.

“Yea! Mei Li would never miss out on a chance to see you,” Baekhyun added.

“And us too!” Kai corrected, winking at Luhan.

Aish, this guy always had a thing for pretty girls. “Yah, don’t even try,” Luhan warned him.

Kai laughed and held his hands up in surrender. “Haha, I was just kidding. Everyone knows you two are inseparable.”

Inseparable? I wish. My busy schedule separated us many times already. Luhan let out a sigh.

“She’s going to walk right through those doors at any minute, so until then, just have fun!” Chanyeol tried to cheer Luhan up.

Well technically she’s not going to walk right through those doors… Luhan thought, smiling slyly.

“Yea! And you’ve always got Sehun to keep you company until she arrives,” Suho added, la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter