Christmas Party

Perfect...Truly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 62[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Christmas Party[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

It was finally Christmas and oddly enough, Mei Li wasn't very excited. She just woke up, but it was already noon. She was surprised that Anne let her sleep in on a day like this. She, too, was probably tuckered out from yesterday. I'll bet she's still sleeping.

But to Mei Li’s surprise, she was wrong.

"Unnie! There you are!" Anne beamed at the table.

Mei Li walked into the kitchen and sat next to her. "Morning, Ayi! Morning, mom," she greeted them.

"Morning, sweetie," her mother replied, "just woke up?"

Mei Li nodded and Ayi smiled. "You're just in time for lunch."

"What time are the EXO boys picking you up again?" her mother asked.

"7 o'clock," Mei Li answered.

"Have you chosen what to wear?"

"The dress that Luhan oppa got for her, of course!" Anne answered for her sister.

"Oh, I forgot about that," Ayi laughed. “Well, you and your sister will look beautiful in those dresses."

"Thanks!" Anne exclaimed, "I've already tried mine on. I love it!"

Looks like Tao has great sense. Mei Li nodded.

"Unnie, I want to see you wear yours after we finish eating!" Anne said.

"But there are still hours before we have to go," Mei Li frowned. It wasn't that I didn't like the dress because really, it was gorgeous, but I just wasn't particularly into dressing up. Anne was the exact opposite though.

Anne pouted. "Fine, let's do our hair first then!"

"Anne, it won't take us three hours to do our hair," Mei Li stated as her mother and Ayi sat down with plates of food.

"I want to curl it though, and you know how bad I am at that!" Anne sighed. "I'll just burn myself again if you don't help me."

"Ohhh! I can curl your hair, Anne," Ayi offered. "I love doing peoples' hair."

"Really?" Anne grinned. "Yay! I want to tie it into a ponytail too."

"What about you, Mei Li?" Ayi asked.

"Guess I'll just curl it," Mei Li shrugged, "it's the simplest way."

Her mother chuckled, bringing the cups over. "As you can see, these girls are exact opposites when it comes to dressing up."

"Wait, mom, what's that?" Anne asked her, pointing at her mother’s neck.

Mei Li glanced over and blinked. She found it?

"Oh, haha," her mother smiled sheepishly. "Luhan gave it to me as a gift."

Ayi raised her eyebrow at Mei Li’s mom, but it didn't seem like Ayi was jealous or angry. "Well, the star seems to suit you," she complimented her.

"Haha, yea," Mei Li’s mom grinned.

 

 

 

Hours later, someone knocked on the door. "Mei Li, are you ready?"

"Soon, mom!" Mei Li answered.

She stared at herself in the full-length mirror and bit her lip. "Why does it feel like something's missing?" she mumbled, unsatisfied with how she looked.

She was wearing the beautiful white dress Luhan bought her and the black heels Tao got her. She had curled her hair and kept it down, and she also wore the strawberry earrings that Chen had given her. She know it didn't seem like it'd go with the rest of her outfit, but the earrings were so tiny and cute that she just had to wear them.

 

 

 

The boys finally made it to Mei Li's house and Luhan honestly couldn't contain his excitement. Will she wear the dress I got her?

"Calm down," Xiumin told him, his hands in his pockets as they approached the door.

Only Xiumin, Kris, and Luhan went to pick up Mei Li since they didn't have room for everyone in the van. They could've taken all but one of them, but to be fair, they decided to split in half. And in the end, the three hyungs got the priviledge.

Kris rang the door bell and Ayi opened it for them. She let them in and grinned, "Well aren't you boys looking handsome!"

"Of course, Ayi," Xiumin grinned smugly, "what did you expect?"

"You're right, you boys always look handsome no matter what you wear," Mei Li's mom commented from the couch. She was fixing Anne's hair, and Luhan noticed that Anne was wearing the dress Tao bought and the shoes Luhan got for her. Does that mean Mei Li's going to wear our gifts too?

"You look pretty, Anne," Kris complimented her.

"Thanks, oppa! You look handsome too!" Anne smiled. “All of you do!"

Our attention diverted as they heard someone step down the stairs. "Finally!" Anne exclaimed.

Luhan turned, and he couldn't speak.

Mei Li walked down the stairs shyly, biting her lip.

She was absolutely stunning, and Luhan was ecstatic that he wore the dress he got her. As she came closer, he also noticed she had on the strawberry earrings Chen gave her. Signature Mei Li, haha.

"You look beautiful!" Ayi gushed.

You got that right. Luhan turned to his left and saw Xiumin still with his mouth agape. Luhan elbowed him and he closed it, facing him. "Yah!" he whispered.

"No worries, I have no intentions of taking her away from you," Xiumin smirked, "though I could if I wanted to."

"Thanks, Ayi," Mei Li blushed, shifting uncomfortably.

"Are we all set then?" Kris asked.

"Wait!" Mei Li's mom stopped them, "your ties are on wrong!"

The three boys glanced down and Xiumin scratched his neck sheepishly. "Yea, we don't really know how to tie ties. Our stylists usually do it for us, but most of them are on vacation."

Mei Li's mom walked over to Xiumin and took the tie in her hands. "Haha, don't worry, I can fix it."

Kris's mom went to her son, and that left Luhan standing alone, not knowing what to do.

"Mei Li, go help Luhan, will you?" Kris's mom asked her.

Mei Li glanced at her and turned back to Luhan. "Uhm, alright..."

She went over to him and took his tie in her hands. He was wearing the one she bought him.

As she was fixing it for him, Luhan stared at her, loving how close they were at that moment.

"Do you like it?" Mei Li asked.

"Yea," Luhan replied meekly, still staring at her.

As she tied it the right way, Luhan decided to compliment her. "You look beautiful, you know."

Mei Li blushed and refused to look up at him, keeping her eyes on the royal blue tie. "T-thanks," she stuttered.

Just then, they heard a car honk and realized they were going to be late if they didn't leave now. "That must be our manager waiting in the van outside, we should probably go," Kris said as his mom finished fixing his tie.

Mei Li let go and went to retrieve her jacket and bag, as did Anne.

Suddenly, someone tapped Luhan’s shoulder. He turned to see Mei Li's mom. "Yes, Ayi?" he asked.

"Here," she replied, handing him a tiny box, "take this."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter