Chapter 4 : Dara's Showcase, A Moment to Remember

The Risk That I'm Taking

“Morning, Chaerin-ah... So what we gonna do today?” Jiyong oppa greets me while I was watering the plants in the backyard.

“Eh, Jiyong oppa, morning..” I smiled at him.

“Chaerin-ah..... Let’s play, I’m so bored..” He pouted.

“Hm... I gotta sent my story to the magazine today,oppa, But I haven’t finished it so I have to stay”

“You are a writer?” Jiyong oppa asked.

“I’m a freelance writer oppa, I’m still a student”

“Wow, so you must be love to read?”

“Yes I am, I love to read”

“A Love story? Dara told me that she loves a love story!” Jiyong said it excitedly.

“Dara? Nope, She doesn’t like to read....” Fiuhh.... since when Dara read? Yeah she will read, when the hell has frozen.

“But she told me, in e-mail that she...”

“OH! YESS! She loves to read!! Of course she is!! Hahaha” I cut him, sigh.. I forgot that I have told him I, who pretended as Dara, love to read. Now I look like a dumb, laughing without reason.

“Oh, that’s good, I love to read too, and I already read every single books that dara recomended for me, we have a same taste in books, I think! You have to read All about Love by Anton Chekov, Dara recomended that book last year, and it’s quite good”

Oh of course I have oppa, I am the one who suggested that book.

“Really? I will read that later” I just kept watering and listened to him.

“You know what I love from Dara, Chae?” He asked me. I turned off the tap and then look at him.

“Of course I know, She’s cute, loveable, pretty..”

“Not that..” He cuts me off. “Because when I was in Japan, I felt so lonely, I didn’t have many friends, all I can do is starring in front of my computer and hope she’ll sent an e-mail, she always listened my stories, replied it, we have a lot of similiarity..” He said it while wondering. He is really cute when he said that.. he is so... beautiful. Maybe that’s why people said that fall in love is such a beautiful things. I wonder...

If he knew the truth than i’m the one who sent the e-mails... maybe, just maybe, will  he falls into me?

“Chaerin-ah.. even if you are busy, you have to sent me an e-mail later. How cruel you are, avoiding me while i was suffering caused lonely! You are also my bestfriend”

“Okay, I’m sorry oppa, to pay my mistakes, I’ll treat you an ice cream, and then we can go to Dara’s showcase in school, how is it?”

“Sigh... how you know that if i’m mad i always demand for an ice cream?”

“You never changed oppa! Let’s go, after I...” I turned the tap water on again and  started to attack him with water.

“You have to shower first oppa!”

“YA!!!!”

We laughed together.

 

Time please stop. Let me have him for this second.

 

------

 

“Chaerin-ah where’s Dara? Does she know I was here? She has a lot of fanboys look at them!”

Here I am. With Jiyong oppa in college’s hall, holding an ice cream. Today is Dara’s showcase and Dara always warned me to come.  He kept starring at the guys who holding “I love Dara” banner. Huh, jealous much?

“yes she is, she’s quite popular... and maybe she’s on the backstage, wan’t me to bring you to Dara?” I asked him.

“No, i don’t want her to know. I wanna surprise her!” He gaves me that cute smile again.

“okay, but i have to see Dara, she’ll be upset if I don’t see her. She must be very nervous, I have to calm her down, see you oppa, stay here, don’t go anywhere! I’ll be right back!” I stand up for my seat.

“ Okay mommy!”

“Aisshht..” I  went to the backstage.

 

----

 

 

“Chaerin you come!!!!” Dara hugs me tight. I know, she is extremely nervous.

“Chaerin i really really nervous, what if i mess up the choreography and then fall and i break my own neck them i can’t go to school for 2 months, andwe, what of my voice suddeny crack and then they throw me many eggs and then i drop out from the school!!!!!”  Dara suddenly rapping. She always tells me that she can’t rap and she never ever try to learn it. But she is quite good at rapping if she nervous. Haha such a cute girl.

“Ah dara please, stop being a drama queen! This is not your first showcase!” I rolled my eyes.

“I know.. I know.. but still..”

“Dara, you worked so hard for this showcase and I know you can do it! You praticed so hard so just calm down and do your best! Okay?” I look at her and hug her, try to make her calm down.

“Chaerin-ah.. I love you so so so much, I’m glad you’re coming!”

“Yeah, you have to pay fot this, I choose to go to your showcase and avoiding my unfinished story” I pinched her cheeks.

“Aw aw! My  make up!! Okay miss nerdy, just back to your seat and watch my performance!” She smiled widely.

 

----

 

“AND THE NEXT PERFORMANCE IS ....... DARAA!!” The MC called her and suddenly ‘KISS’ intro can be heard.

 

I just wanna kiss,

I never wanna miss..

 

She danced the choreo perfectly. I look at Jiyong oppa beside me. His jaws dropped. His eyes light up. I’ll bet he likes the show so much.

“Chaerin-ah, Dara is amazing..” He said it to me.

“Yes, she is, she worked so hard for this”

 

The song ended. Everybody clapping, include me and not forget, Jiyong oppa. he gaves her standing ovation.

“So, Dara will choose one of her fanboys to dance with her , who want to be a lucky fans??” The MC asked. Jiyong oppa went to the stage without hesitation.

“Can I?” He asked Dara with prince tone.

“Yes of course” Dara shocked and nodded.

“Wow, such a brave and handsome guy, who is your name?” The MC asked to Jiyong oppa.

“My name is Jiyong, I’m.. Dara’s forever fanboys..” Dara started to blushed and the MC see that.

“Aww.. so sweet, even our Dara here is blushing, so forever fanboy, what do you want to do?”

“I want to sing a song for Dara, I heard she likes rap song, so I’ll rap to her” He smiled cutely. Damn, Dara doesn’t like a rap song, I am the one who like it. Please daraaaaa says yes you like it..... I  closed my eyes.

“Um... Let’s see..” Dara is a bit confused.

“Music start!!”

All I can do is record that moment on my handycam, I want to show it later to our family. It’ll be ineresting.

 

(G-dragon ft Dara – Hello)

Let's go you ain't got a girl right now
Well cuz you ain`t got no gain (I know)
I'm show you how to do it gd style (he's write it down)
Here's some rules though,
One, Put on nice
Two, Don't be nervous
Three, Just be yourself (Yeah-p) Follow me now

He just wanna be rap star vita?
Put your hat lightly on your head and pull your pants down as hard as you can
White shoes and shining necklace (bling!)
When you walk follow the rhythm too
And have a tough expression
Mic in left hand, boombox in right, if you're bored beatbox

Yeah cute nice and cool, now say nice to meet you to that hip girl
But she's looking at you weird with your way man I told you (oh no)
It's sense-able, even though you did well, you can still tell
But a way to get another chance so hollaback yo

 

Dara is smiling then follows the beat.  

 

*Hello y guy or hello handsome boy
Hello Hello I'll talk to you first
Hello powerful girl hello cute girl hello hello uh, excuse me
say hello

 

She's wanna be, now kind of a hard date
Even if you sit still you have to take a picture
A little bit more chic, more sentimental (fashion)
Jeans and a white tee, fresh suit or maybe vintage
Whatever you wear, wear it with charm (kimchi *to smile in a picture*),
like you've worn it your whole life show like

Yeah cute nice and cool, you can do it too, you don't see that fool
That girl's looking at you too, she's catching a glimpse
A girl's pride is her high heels height
You go first carefully
Your eyes are sleepy, drink something
Even a fun movie, say I go anywhere you go

D) excuse me G) me too, excuse me
D) I'm not a bad person G) The expression was probably just unpracticed
D) You're brave to come all the way to me, need to say goodbye
G) When I first say you I'm falling in love with you girl

 

When Jiyong oppa sing “I’m falling in love with you girl” he looks at Dara’s eyes and their face is just soo closed. Dara’s face turn red a boiled crab.

 

La la la la la la La la la la la la La la la la la la
So So fresh what a Hello!

La la la la la la la...

 

The music ended. I stop the record and when I’m about to clap,

something happen..

 

Jiyong kissed Dara’s cheeks.

My jaws dropped. I feels a knife stabbed into my heart.

A tear comes down to my cheek. But i quickly erased it with my palm.

 

Jiyong oppa... Could you ever see me?

 

----

 

“WOW, That’s a good performance Dara, Jiyong!” My father said it after I show them Dara-Jiyong performance after we had dinner together.

“Yeah, you look like a couple!” My mom claps. I just smiled bitterly. I didn’t have much strength after I saw the kiss.

“Yeah I know, we are” Jiyong grabs Dara’s shoulder.

“Huh, He is such a sweet talker!” Dara pouted.

“Hey, but you like it! You even blushed!” Jiyong stick out his tounge to Dara. Then Dara hit his arm.

“Why you always hitting me? Chaerin-ah.. helps oppa” He looked at me with puppy eyes. I just smiled at him.

“Umm.. guys.. I have to finished my story so... goodnight” I kissed my mom cheeks, and then went to my room.

 

Today...  I realized,

Maybe, Lied is the best thing I ever did to him.. He is happy, and I’m so happy he could found his princess.

 

 

 

She can' see the way your eyes..

Light up when you smile,

She never notice how you stop and stare,

Whenever she walks by..

And you can't see me wanting you the way you want her,

But you are everything to me..

 

 

Author's note : hi!! thanks for subscribe my story ^^ and for the comments too~ but actually, i hope for more comments, but it's okay ^^ you guys already gave me much streghts to write more~ you guys rock!!!