Chapter 1 : The Love of a Friend

The Risk That I'm Taking

--------------------------------------

 

~10 years ago~

 

"Dara, promise me you’ll always keep in touch with me, okaay?" Jiyong said that while sobbed.

"Huh, like you will! How we can keep in touch? You'll live in Japan! And I'm in Korea, we both didn't have our own cellphone at all! My dad never allowed me to use the phone :(" the 12-years-old girl in front of him replied him.

"There is what internet made for Dara"

"But I don't have any internet connection in my house!" Dara was shouting. She was hurt because another bestfriend of her will moving.

"Actually I have, Jiyong-oppa, you still can talk to me from e-mail, I will send you e-mail everyday!" The other girl, a youngest one, smiled at him. Even tough she is the youngest, she never cried, not like Jiyong and Dara who cried a lot.

"That's good Chaerin-ah.. But I wish Dara send me e-mail too... Everyday.." He looked down on his feet.

"Don't worry oppa, I will let Dara-eonnie use mine. Don't cry again oppa, it make me sad.." Chaerin touched Jiyong's chubby cheeks and smiled again.

"Jiyong-aaah.... I'll miss you" Dara pushed Chaerin a little and hugged Jiyong tight. Jiyong smiled behind her back. He hugged her back. The 8-years-old Chaerin left dumbfounded.

"I'll miss you Dara" Jiyong kissed Dara's forehead.

"Aww.. They are so cute!" Jiyong's mum and Chaerin's mum squealed.

"Jiyong likes Dara, that's why he didn't want to moved" Jiyong's mum whispered to Chaerin's mum.

"Ah, that's why..." Chaerin's mum just chuckled.

"So, Jiyong-ah.... Come on baby, we have to go.. Say goodbye to Chaerin's parent and Dara's appa.." Jiyong's mum held her son hand and asked him to say goodbye.

"Samchonideul, Imo, Annyeong haseyo.." Jiyong bowed.

"Okay Jiyong-ah, be a good boy in Japan okay, always listen to your mum and dad, Imo yaksok?" Chaerin's mum kissed Jiyong's cheeks.

"Okay auntie... Bye Chaerin, bye Dara.." Then...

Jiyong and his parent left.

 

---

 

 

"Mum.. Why did Jiyong-oppa kissed Dara-eonnie? Why he didn't kissed me too?" Little Chaerin asked.

"Because.. Jiyong oppa likes Dara eonnie.. And they'll cannot see each other for a long time"

"Then why he didn't kissed me too? He didn't like me?"

"Nope honey, he likes you, but... His feeling toward Dara is a bit different, so he kissed her" Chaerin's mum explained to her only daughter. Chaerin's dad is driving but after heard what his wife and daughter talked about he is laughing out loud.

"Chaerin , honey, do you like Jiyong oppa?" Chaerin's dad asked.

Chaerin nodded.

Chaerin's mum eyes oped wider.

"Honey, I'm so sorry..."

"Its okay mum, Maybe Jiyong oppa hate me that's why he didn't kissed me, maybe I'm too fat and ugly.." Little Chaerin looks down.

"Honey, don't say that, you are beautiful honey, Jiyong didn't kiss you because he gotta hurry that's why he couldn't kiss you"

"So... He doesn't hate me?"

"Nope!"

Chaerin smiled widely, her eyes turned into crescent moon. 

 

 

***

 

"Eonnie look! Jiyong-oppa send us an e-mail again!" Chaerin screamed while checking her computer screen.

"Look! He even sends us photos!! Wow~ Japan is so so so cool!! I want to go there! This one is the oldest building in Tokyo, let's reply this e-mail eonnie!" Chaerin grabs her bestfriend's hand who was busy with her Barbie dolls.

"Why didn't you reply it by yourself! I'm not on a good mood to reply it!" Dara refused.

"Because... He sends it to you eonnie, looks! This is your e-mail account!"

"And that's your computer, Chaerin-ah! So don't distrub me and do whatever you want with my e-mail account, you can reply it for me if you want, umm.. Chaerin, I gotta go, I have guitar lesson today, bye!" Dara grabs her bag and went.

 

"Huh... Bad eonnie... What should I do now? Should I reply it? Hmmm... Well..."

 

 

Oppa...

So nice to see you in your photo. You seem so happy ^^ have you found friends there? Did you eat well or sleep well? Did you miss my mom's gimbap?

 

Chaerin.

 

"Done! Should I sent this?? Ahhh~ otteokhae???"

 

Chaerin?

 

Aish..

 

Oppa...

So nice to see you in your photo. You seem so happy ^^ have you found friends there? Did you eat well or sleep well? Did you miss my mom's gimbap?

 

Dara.

 

 

Sent.

 

--------------------------------------------