The 5th Member

The Reason I Live [Abandoned]

Aron's POV

 

    Well, here I am. Standing in front of the room, with my 4 band mates I would soon meet. I'm so nervous though. Nu'est's manager told me I was the only one who could speak English very good in Nu'est. All my questions raced in my head.

What if they don't understand me? I must look so foreign.

What if they don't like me?

What if they are all jerks?

What if I'm the youngest?

Will I fit in?

The manager's voice interupted him. "Aron!"

My head snapped in the direction of the manager's voice.

"E-ehm, yes?"

The manager looked at me with kind Fatherly eyes that reminded me of my father at home. My heart ached at the thought of not seeing my mother or father for a while. 

"Do not worry. I know they will all like you." the manager said kindly, patting my back. His warm smile made me feel more confident.

But, I was still nervous. 

The manager gave me another smile before placing my hands on the doorknob.

"Go ahead. Open."

I gulped and nodded.

What if they don't like me?

What if they think I'm stupid because I don't know Korean?

I my suddenly dry lips. Slowly, I turned the doorknob and stepped inside.

It was surprisingly ordinary, except for the almost abnormal ammount of ramen cups that filled the trashcan. 

The first person I saw was a tall, muscular, blonde manly looking one. His hair was styled into a moehawk, which I thought suited him well.

Then, I remembered how my manager taught hme to introduce myself.

"Annyeonghaeyso." I bowed with his hands beside me. "Aron-eyo. Bangawo"

(Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Aron.)

I flashed what I thought what was the most pathetic smile.

He looked like he didnt notice my weak smile since he came over to me and gave me a big hug, wrapping his muscular arms around me.

When he pulled back, he looked shocked. "WOAH. You're more muscular than I thought, Hyung!" he teased as he squeezed my arms. "Very handsome. But, why are you wearing summer clothes? It's winter here!" he asked, his face very confused.

I laughed a little. "It's summer where I lived."

He cracked up. I mean cracked up. He was rolling on the ground, having crazy laughing spasms and even crying from all his laughter.

Right then, two other members walked in. One was very tall with dark brown hair. The other one had feminie features and blonde hair. They both were very handsome.

The taller one with brown hair smiled at me. "Annyeong. My name is Minhyun. You must be Aron Kwak. Nice to meet you. Welcome." He shook my hand very politely.

The blonde one rolled his eyes at the (still) laughing friendly idiot with a blonde mohawk. "Hello, I'm Choi Min Ki, or you can call me Ren. Nice to meet you. His name-" he pointed to the laughing blonde, "Is Baekho. He eats alot."

Then, walked in another member. I assumed he was the leader since none of the others said they were the leader.

He looked like he just woke up. "Baekho! Stop being so loud. I'm trying to sleep-" his gaze caught on mine and I choked on my own spit. He was extremely..........................handsome.

"Hi. You must be aron Kwak. I'm Kim Jonghyun, or JR. Nice to meet you." he grinned.

My breath caught in my throat. My heart sped up. I stuffed my sweaty hands in my pockets.

JR laughed. "Don't be nervous, Aron! You're actually the oldest, so we'll treat you with respect, like we do with Ren."

"You're all mean to me, especially Bakeho!" Ren piped up.

Bakeho stopped laughing (finally) and sat up. "I'm not mean to you, Min Ki-ah." he hugged Ren softly, nothing like how he hugged me. The way Bakeho hugged Ren was like how a little girl hugged a new doll; careful and fragile. 

To my surprise, JR walked over to me and gave me a soft hug. He smiled at me. A genuine smile. I smiled back.

As he walked away, I could tell there was some pain under his smile.