Chapter 9

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

Author's POV

 

The house has once again became really quiet. L.Joe said the rest had all gone to the seaside villa for preparation. 'You will have alot of pleasant surprises, they worked really hard to make you feel more at home.' so he said. At least that was something good to look forward to for now.

While you've been lying on bed for quite a while, Zelo was shouting about how he was going to use some kamikaze skills to defeat Sungyeol. Talk about gaming, these two are total chodings.

You leaped out of bed, shouldn't be wasting a peaceful afternoon doing nothing, since we have a basketball court you were thinking about having a solo game of basketball. You could do with solo, not pathetic at all.

You bumped into L right around the corner, and collapsed upon impact so hard you would've thought you hit a pole. 

'Are you okay?!' L helped you up with a worried expression and you just shook your head but that made you dizzy so you got up half stumbling instead. 

'Yah Myungsoo, did you grew up chewing metal?'

L laughed, this was the first time you've heard his laughter. It was.. surprisingly charming with that little bit of awkwardness. It got you stunned for a second or two but the pain on your forehead was really throbbing.

'I think you hit my chin.' L spoke between chuckles and let you hold him for support. 'Really? This is funny to you?'

L just continued laughing while examining your forehead. 'You're still going to look pretty you.' He grinned.

'Not you too?!' You placed a palm on your forehead and grimaced.

You just don't get it don't you you, my heart.. L sighed while you walked away rubbing your forehead. 

 

You were walking past the squash courts towards the basketball court, when you saw Daehyun in one of them, sat with his back and head against the wall, looking really tired while ily drenched in sweat.. Your heart skipped a beat as your eyes traced his jaw to his adam apple. You jumped in surprised as he suddenly turned around and fixated that strong gaze on you. 

'AH... errm... errr... no.. actually basketball, basket..ball..' You got tongue tied while trying to explain but soon you realised that his gaze wasn't that cold or harsh as they usually did, they just looked tired, drained and helpless.

Somehow, your legs seemed to move on their own. A slow step at a time, your legs brought you forward and sat down with your back against him. Not exactly. The only thing that was separating the both of you, was that transparent glass wall. 

You were both silent. Then Daehyun knocked on the glass behind you and you turned around, hopefully. 

You saw his lips moved but all you hear was muffled sounds.

'Am I a bad person?' Daehyun said. That thick glass wall was really something. 

'Huh?' You frowned and made a gesture but he didn't seemed to notice as he stared at his hands. 

'These few days I've been thinking,' he continued despite you looking at him in frustration. 'and noticing.' He stopped but once again you could only hear a really soft mumble. 

'Speak louder Daehyun!' You shouted and stood up. You wanted so much to open the door, to dash inside, to hear him clearer, but somehow you felt like nothing good was going to come out of it if you invade his personal bubble again. You knew he had a lot in mind, probably he just wanted to talk while someone was here, whether  or not they could be heard. So you sat down again and hugged your knees, back facing him.

If a moment like this could help lessening his troubles, you didn't mind at all. 

Inside, Daehyun stared at your back. He smiled in defeat at your small frame and placed his palm against the glass. Maybe someday that warmth could get through him.

'Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Zelo, Chungji, L.Joe,' he sighed and lowered his head, smiling bitterly. 'Ever since you came, everyone revolves around you. You're like our sun. We didn't had a girl in our house before, so we loved you like our little sister. Did you know that?' He took another look at your slouched shoulders and sighed deeply. 

'You little idiot, What have you done? Ever since the first day you appeared, there was something so different about you that frustrates me. I didn't know what that was...' Daehyun ruffled his hair again and leaned against the glass. You were so near, yet so far. He could almost touch you, but he can't. 

'You disrupted my peace, yet the very thought of you drives me crazy. Of course, you aren't going to remember something that long ago don't you?' Daehyun laughed, a tingling feeling at the back of his eyes...

 

It was a year when you're only 4 years old. Your mom has brought Daehyun from the mansion to play with you. You were probably too small to remember or maybe you didn't cared because you cried so hard the moment you saw him and refused to leave your mom's side. Daehyun watched in envy as your mom caressed your head while you sniffed inbetween sobs and finally looked Daehyun in the eye. Little Daehyun stepped bravely forward and lightly pecked your cheeks stopping your tears all at once... 'I will take care of her when I grow up so she won't have to cry again.' 

 

'You aren't a cry baby anymore huh?' Daehyun reminisced, to him that was an unspoken promise to your mom all these years. When he found out that your mom had passed away, he practised really hard to become recognised and accepted. Taekwondo is a must in the underworld, especially when Boss believed in real strength rather than the idea of guns and bullets. Finally, earning the black belt in Taekwondo was the first step closer to meeting you. 

He got up and left the court. Finally kneeling down infront of you, he realised that you've already fallen asleep. 'Pabo, I'm going to tell Boss that you bullied me. Am I that boring?' 

He smiled at your sleeping face and tucked your hair behind your ears. 'How can you even fall asleep like this?' He whispered and felt a tug somewhere deep down his heart, Slowly, he found himself leaning closer, finally planting a kiss on your cheeks. He pulled away but realised that Chunji has witness the whole scene with a teasing smirk. 

'This isn't the first time you've kissed her didn't you?' He teased. 'I knew it was you.' 

'. You're going to wake her up.' Daehyun rolled his eyes at the other male and gently carried you up in his arms while you fidgeted uncomfortably, but not waking up. 

'Ya Daehyun, didn't Boss...'

'I'm not going to care anymore.' 

'really? Then...' 

'Don't worry, she'll never find out. If..' Daehyun shot him a glance. 'you don't mention a word.' 

'But Boss..' 

'I'll deal with it.' 

'In any case Daehyun, you have competition.' 

Chunji's words caught his attention and he turned around. Fact is, he already known, he'd saw Sungyeol covering you with a knitted shawl the other night. 

'Sungyeol...' Daehyun's voice was almost a whisper and you're somehow waking up in his arms. 

'And Myungsoo.' Chunji added leaving Daehyun slightly dumbfounded.

'Huh?!' 

'I've seen alot.' Chunji grinned and jerked a finger towards the house. 'Now now, get going before our princess wakes up and scared the life out of herself in your arms. You don't want to kill her don't you?' 

'Yes mom.' Daehyun smiled sarcastically and took another glance at your sleeping face. Lovable and vulnerable.

 

Really you? Are you going to make my life any more harder than it already is? 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

HAHAHAHA WHY AM I GRINNING. IMAGINE LITTLE DAEHYUN DOING THAT. OMG... MY CREYS. OKAY. AND I WANNA GIVE CHUNJI GLASSES. I MEAN LOOK AT HIM, HE'S ALL KNOWLEDGABLE AND GIVES OFF THAT I'M SMART KIND OF FEEL DOESN'T HE? OH GAWD OKAY ANYWAY.. HAHAHA. ISIT BETTER TO WRITE IT THIS WAY? OR YOU GUYS PREFER THE FIRST PERSON POV STYLE? PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PREFERENCE!!! B) 

**KOREAN 101: CHODING = ELEMENTARY SCH KIDS (used to describe Child-like or Childish)