Chapter 2

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

My new life has just begun...

 

Concentrating in class was the hardest thing ever for me. As much as I managed to swallow the fact that I'm a granddaughter of a really big figurehead in the whole nation... and the fact that all these years seeing this old man in the news who turned out to be my grandfather... right I was coping really well.

That hasn't been the worst. Worst was having Daehyun seated right next to me in the same class. Especially since he had been staring at me for the past hour isn't doing anything great to my concentration with his eyes eating into my soul. My cheeks literally burned and I was afraid that he had already realised. There goes my chic girl behaviour all these while after the conversation we had in the van. 

'Could you please concentrate at least?' I whispered pointing a finger at the teacher and not making it obvious I was talking to him. No unwanted attention needed for the rest of the day. 

I was so sure he smirked. 

'Boss said to keep an eye on you, no harm staring.' He shrugged and scribbled something on his notes. 

'Right smartie.. he said an eye. NOT EYES WITH THE S!' that was a little louder because our english teacher turned around and gave me a hell of a death stare. I smiled awkwardly before shooting Daehyun my own glare of death. He shrugged again with his smirk and turn to his notes. 

Load off my shoulders at last, finally. 

* * * * *

After class Jihye, my best friend since middle school, nudged me in the waist. 

'Hey you! Who is that guy beside you? I'm sure he was looking at you the whole time!' She teased while narrowing her big round eyes. 

'Really? I didn't know though.' I walked away at my fastest feigning innocence, because Daehyun was literally less than 10 feet away from us and this bodyguard thing wasn't sinking in as well as me being the heiress of a humongous corporation. In the corner of my eye I spotted him smiling and following us really casually.

Absolutely professional. Nobody would have realised it. I bet he'd got special guard duties since young probably more fitting to play in a spy film instead. 

* * * * *

School ended on a good note though. As much as I really not wished, a black SUV was parked right outside school and another middle aged man was waiting near the rear with his left hand clasped modestly over his right hand; totally suit up like M.I.B, minus the shades.

Daehyun pulled me by the wrist gently, though his grip was comparingly firm. I would not have the chance to escape his clutches, literally.

'How was school today Miss you? Boss has sent me to pick you up from school. Nice to meet you, I'm K, Boss's right hand man and personal assistant.' He smiled and opened the door in a smooth motion. 

'Er Hi Mr K, school will be fun without someone to stare at me though.' I shot Daehyun an annoyed look but he returned me with his annoying smirk. Mr K laughed loudly. Another fatherly figure in the house huh? Or so I've thought. Granddad must have liked him enough for him to become the normally most trusted right hand man. That was how movies potrayed them isn't it?

'I'm sure Daehyun is doing his job just fine. Hop on now Miss, we have your stuffs all packed up from your old apartment.' Said and done, Mr K closed the door after Daehyun sat down beside me. 'From today onwards you are moving in with us. Hope you don't mind the all-male mansion. i'm sure we kept up with the cleanliness. Haha.' Mr K continued with a broad grin after fastening his seat belt. 

'Right... actually... I mind.' I muttered under my breath but I was sure Daehyun heard it perfectly. I sighed watching the scenery whizz past outside but in the reflection, I caught Daehyun watching me. I couldn't quite make out his expression since he was definitely a weird one. 

But the weirdest thing just happened again; 

He smiled. A genuine smile I was so sure of. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________