Chapter 3

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

WOAH... I HAVE A MANSION AND... BODYGUARDS?!

 

Talking about Mansions.. I've actually seen quite some on tv. How magnificent they look with big white classic outer paint and big casement windows and glamourous gates and front doors. Imagine them right infront of your eyes. 

Breathtaking? What? No! That's totally my dream house! 

Wait till you see how two rows of suit-up boys/uncles/men/males whatever on both sides of the gate when you entered shouting at the top of their voice.

'WELCOME MISS!' all the males at once in unison. I almost went deaf first instead of a cardiac arrest. And I could assure you Daehyun and Mr K were pretty much enjoying my embarrassing moment. 

Granddad stood at the end of the 'military' welcome, smiling. Strange, but his smile made me feel more comfortable, I knew I belonged the moment our eyes met. I have a family now, minus the fact that I have a hundred other male 'relatives'. 

The interior was even more impressive. Stone or probably marble carved statue of my Granddad right in the middle of the hall. And a really huge candelier hanging from the ceiling. There were two semi curved staircases on both sides of the statue leading to the second floor. My jaws literally hung open. Granddad put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer laughing his really loud laughter that echoed through the grand hall. 

'Haraboji... I think your hall is bigger than my school hall...' I inhaled still admiring the diamond candelier. He laughed nodding. Yea I'm sure anyone would be this proud. 

I realised a commotion going on right behind from the entrance, I turned around and frowned. 

I bet there was more than twenty pair of eyes fighting to catch a glimpse of... me? And when I turned there was this really loud gasp. Then someone shouted. 

'BOSS! YOU SSI IS REALLY PRETTY! SHE LOOKED JUST LIKE OUR PREVIOUS MISTRESS OF THIS HOUSE!' 

Whoever that was, he'd definitely succeeded in making my face flare up redder than red hot chilli peppers. 

'Wait haraboji, Mom lived here?' 

'Yes of course my dear, she was a really witty and naughty girl.' Granddad smiled probably remembering something nice of mom and took a glance at a portrait hanging on the wall of the right stairway. It was a canvass of mom when she was young. She was literally breathtaking. I wondered if I really took after her. 

Not realising I was actually touching my face, Daehyun sneaked behind me and whispered into my ears. 'Yes miss pretty, don't get too excited yea?' and walked up the stairs with the most annoying grin on earth. 

Granddad urged me forward leading the way up the stairway. Gosh, totally feeling the posh when you were walking on marble. 

The second floor was even more impressive than the first, with a long row of rooms and a small living room at the end of the corridors with a wide screen HDTV and really cool hi-fi sound system. 

'Really nice couch you've got here...' I breathed. Even the air felt different here. 

Granddad laughed again. He must really enjoyed my reactions. A few other laughters came from behind me. 

That was when my jaws dropped. Was I dreaming? Or was there six super handsome boys dressed in sleek black suits standing there looking like statues themselves. I rubbed my eyes subconsiously. I thought they were shooting sparkles at me. Literally. 

Granddad gave me a pat on my back and headed downstairs. All of them gave him a slight nod. 

Daehyun was there on the far right smiling wryly. Had to admit he was really good looking even though I wanted very much to put a wall in between us. 

The five other boys started introducing themselves. Gawd, their smiles made me dizzy and I guess I was turning tomato again. 

The one from the far left introduced first. He was the tallest among them. His hair was slightly longer than all of them, with a nicely three-quarter side parted fringe and gum showing smile. 'Annyeong haesaeyo you I'm Sungyeol but of course, you can call me whatever you like though.'

I nodded shyly. 

'Myungsoo or L.' The guy next to Sungyeol had a totally chic aura around him. He seemed a little introverted though with a small smirk playing on his lips but avoiding eye contact as soon as he self-intro-ed. Obviously not as witty as Sungyeol who was still grinning through his gums at the moment. 

'I'm Zelo! Wah noona you're really stunning. Do you have a boyfriend?' As soon as he said that the rest shot him their best glares. However, he innocently gave them a confused look then returned to smiled really brightly at me. Instead of feeling embarrassed I laughed and Zelo laughed along too, waving his black rabbit plushie in the air before hugging it to his chest. He must be the youngest with that baby face. His skin was so milky I got jealous. Juuuust that little bit. And his blonde hair was really curly.

'Sorry Miss you I apologise for the rudeness. Pardon Zelo, though he was the same age as us he still acts like a kid. I'm Chunji by the way.' Chunji gave Zelo an elbow in his ribs while his voice was calm and showing mannerism perfection.

'ZELO?! SAME AGE?!' My voice came out rather high pitched. I could hear Daehyun's annoying 'ppfffttt' at the corner that I ignored. He fake-coughed into his fist and regained his composure. Show-off. 

Chunji laughed and nodded. 'Technically he is the maknae among us, but just by a few months. And... He is actually older than you.' 

That was really some news. Judging at how Zelo was behaving I wondered if he'd hit his head on a pole when he was young but I gave up resisting his cuteness. He was totally adorable. Well I guessed you have all kinds of good-looking people in a house full of men. 

'And I'm Byunghun or they call me L.Joe.' The other blonde haired guy with a really attention catching smirk introduced next with an outward wave of two fingers above his head. He fixed his hair almost immediately afterwards. 

'You've met me already, I guessed I don't have to introduce.' Daehyun replied sending a blow to L.Joe's ribs causing him to wince a little before straightening up again. 

'Right... So... Er... Hi?' Right, this is the time when I find a hole and hide. 

'Anyway Miss,' Chunji started. 

'No, just...just call me you.' I waved a hand cutting him off. 

'But..' 

'No more buts.' 

"Alright, you L.joe and I are your personal butlers from today onwards and the rest of them,' the four others stepped up immediately, 'are your bodyguards.' He ended it with another smile. 

'WAIT HUH? DAEHYUN ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH?' I argued. Obviously baffled. 

'No. You know just in case someone tries to bully you, we're here to help.' Sungyeol replied with a wave of hand at the rest of them. 

'Woah Woah Woah, wait a second,' I took another step back and shrugged. 'Not like someone could kill me?' 

'...'

'OH.'

Judging by their sudden serious expressions, I could be in danger. Even Zelo looked a lot more mature with that tiny frown on his forehead, but that lasted only for a second. 

'...fine.' defeated I was as I slumped into the really unresistably comfortable couch.

'ALRIGHTS! From tomorrow onwards, me, L and Zelo will be transferred to your high school!' Sungyeol cheered with a clap of his hands and a little too forceful bump on L's arm. 

Chunji and L.Joe smirked while Zelo did a full spin on the spot with his rabbit. Sungyeol already had his arm over L's shoulder grinning while L shot me a really embarrassed look and suddenly finding the floor interesting. Daehyun on the other hand, lived up to his 'annoying smirk face' this time adding another annoying wink.  

'WHOOOOTTTT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD?!' 

 

and so my voice echoed through the corridors.