So near yet so far.

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

 

L.Joe had your luggage in one hand and your backpack on his back. He looks at you while you tie your shoelace on that comfy pair of converse. You've been stalling, quite literally. Giving excuses since the morning like forgetting this and that just to make a few more trips back the second floor, hoping to catch that lucky glimpse of Daehyun. The fact is, he is no where to be found. 

'Are we good to go?' Chunji smiles pleasantly. 'No more excuses.' He adds. In fact, everyone knew what you are trying to achieve but they didn't stop you from doing it, because they don't know how to anyway. You're just as stubborn as Boss. One good thing to be mentioned - Boss and Mr K have already returned to Seoul in the wee hours of the morning. 

'Fine.' You grumbled one last time before making your way out to the SUV waiting patiently at the entrance. Myungsoo and Sungyeol are bidding farewell to Jinyoung who sits quite cooly in his Porsche with a smile that can get girls swooning. You wave a quick goodbye as Siwan hops in with him before they drive off. Jinyoung even made a horizontal '6' with his fingers, a clear sign to keep in contact with him. Myungsoo and Sungyeol flash their best smiles before hopping on the SUV before everyone else. 

Well, another thing to be happy about, your potential husband-to-be candidates have magically turned into your good friends. You smile to yourself, mentally adding six more boys to your list of male aquaintance since the beginning of your new life, even though those ahjussi and oppas back at home is enough to make your head go haywire. 

Niel is talking to Sunggyu and Dongwoo who are leaning casually against a black shiny BMW. They wave at once seeing you. 

'When will we meet again?' Dongwoo asks with a smirk. You shrug and hit his arm playfully. 'Soon?' 

'We'll get going then.' Sunggyu says after a while, Niel surprises everyone pulling you into an unexpected embrace and whispered something into your ears triggering that automatic tear generating nerve at the back of your eyes. You fight back a sob and nod into his shoulder. 

You watch as they drive off with a sigh. 'What's wrong noona?' Zelo appears behind you suddenly. You turn around wiping away a teardrop quickly. He smiles brightly tugging you by your wrist. 'Let's go home!" 

L.Joe and Chunji have already entered the SUV before Zelo hops in like a little bunny. You watch the sea in the distance. The sound of waves still loud and clear, resonating in your ears. Suddenly a short sharp pain hit the back of your eyes, you know those tears are going to fall any moment. The five of them wait patiently for you to get up. 

'Why didn't Boss gave you a car?' You ask remembering how the other boys left in their flashy sports cars. Even though you are suppose to wait for a reply, however your eyes just keep wandering off, taking another look at the Villa, at the beach, at the carpark. No sight of Daehyun. You force back a sigh in case the others worry. You've only spent 2 weeks here in this beautiful Villa, but somehow it feels like a whole decade has passed. Some many things happened here, so many memories worth remembering. But there is always a prince to a cinderella story, yours is just nowhere to be found at the moment. 

'We do have cars.' You hear Myungsoo reply calmly with a smirk. 'We'll show you once we get back, but for now, it is utmost important that we travel with you.' Sungyeol adds without his usual goofy tone. 

Just as he finishes his really serious speech, in the corner of your eyes a silver Mercedes comes into a halt infront of the SUV. Yongguk steps out of it in a normal part of jeans, tee and high cut sneakers. However, you can't deny the fact that he still looks fantastic next to the gorgeous car. 

'Mind if I take her home this time?' He asks the rest with a smile that can easily be mistaken as a playful smirk. The five of them exchange wary glances at Yongguk and at one another. 

'Sure.' Chunji finally says. You could almost hear yourself heaving a sigh of unusal relieve. It's like passing some random impromptu test in the middle of nowhere. Random but weirdly nerve wrecking. 

'Shall we?' Yongguk stretch out a hand, waiting for you. You take it with a smile. The feel of his palm against your own send an odd calm throughout your body. But you aren't able to ditch that insecurity, because it is something that only Daehyun can provide. 

Yongguk opens the door to his silver ride in a swift and clean movement but you are never getting in. 

 

 

A black Chevrolet stops beside Yongguk's car and the window lowers gradually revealling Hyerim in the back seat. You froze as she moves back and Daehyun is right there beside her, his expression the usual unreadable. You grit your teeth as you make your way towards the car. Now isn't the time to act brave and noble. You know you aren't any sort a person like that and it doesn't even take you mroe than a second to figure out that Sehun is Mr Chauffeur for the 'couple' in question.

You grab the passenger seat's door handle and it click open at once. Sehun stares at you dumbfounded. Finally a genuine expression coming from this block of ice. You smiles quite forcefully, a smile obviously faked. 

'you!' You hear Yongguk and L.Joe shouting behind you. 'Go home! I'll be fine! Sehun will drive me home!' You shouts back in reply leaving everyone else equally as shocked. 

'What did you say?!' Hyerim tone easily exposing her dawning anger. 

'What. Did. You. Just. Say?' Sehun is next to speak, he speak so slowly articulating every syllable at the tip of his tongue. His mouth tightened as you make yourself comfortable beside him, buckling the seat belt immediately in case he decides to push you out. You are mindful of Daehyun's eyes behind you, but you can't bring yourself to turn around, it's gonna be a direct eye contact and somehow you are careful not to break into useless tears infront of Miss Angelina Jolie directly behind you. 

'Let's go.' You says smiling brightly again at the now composed Sehun. He takes a deep breathe before stepping on the aceleration while catching another glimpse at Hyerim. He look away immediately, because somehow he know having you here around actually improves the atmosphere a little more. The silver 'S' on his armlet make it's entrance again as he turn the steering wheel. His chest tightens as he take a quick glance at you. He relaxes significantly more making a mental statement to thank you instead, for barging in like that without warning. 

You take another glance at Sehun. His side view is beautiful too. In the corner of your eyes, you notice Daehyun's gaze on you. You look away, biting your lips anxiously. This isn't the time to be all girly and weak. 

'Oppa, shall we go shopping first before sending me home?' Hyerim asks purposely to spite you. But you are impress by yourself, at how you manage to ignore it completely. 

'It will be nice to go home. You promised to show me around didn't you?' Daehyun's reply is a little unexpected and Hyerim has gone silent. Just what promises the two of them shared now? You frown and caught Sehun taking another glance at you. You shift in your seat feeling somehow embarrassed.

'We're people from two different worlds.' Sehun's words rang in your ears once again. You can't help but take another look at Sehun and you gaze fall on that armlet he is wearing. Your heart is a mix of feelings, sympathy and angst. But at least, someone shares a same predicament right?

Your phone has actually been vibrating continuously for a long while already, you've been trying very hard to ignore it but now you reach into your pocket to take it out only to be beyond surprised at the number of text messages and miss calls you received from the past fifteen minutes. You scroll through the messages one by one, not conscious that you are smiling while reading them. 

You sure you'll be fine? - Yongguk @12:14PM

Noona! What are you doing!?! - Zelo @12:14PM

YAH PABO! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?! - Sungyeol @12:15PM

You'll be fine right? Chunji hyung asked me to type this though I know you'll be perfectly fine and probably beating up Hyerim and Daehyun by now. - L.Joe @12:16PM

I'm following behind you. - Yongguk @ 12:18PM

 

You quickly punch in a reply to Yongguk making it known that it wouldn't be nice to follow them back to Hyerim's home. You caught Sehun staring at you again, obviously taken aback by your one man show in the middle of the trip. 

Daehyun's eyes never once left you. He watches your every movement, your side profile and your smile. But he looks away finally, realising it wouldn't be right doing it. 

Fine, call me if anything happens okay. I'm sure my Mercedes is much faster. - Yongguk @ 12:25PM

 

You smiles gripping the phone in your hand. The wallpaper is a picture of Daehyun and you, a picture taken on the beach the other day after his confession. Somehow the day seems a long time ago. You are aware of that significant presence behind you, probably watching you right now. You look into your reflection from the window, the scenery outside whizz past in shades of blur, your reflection making known to you - an obvious look of forced calmness.

Somehow you kind of regretting tagging along shamelessly like that. But again, it might be something good because watching them closely is a thousand times better than watching them from afar while tasting sour in your heart. 

The car entered an underground carpark to a luxurious condominum. 

'We've reached?' You ask. 

'Yes of course.' Hyerim answers at the backseat instead. 

'A condominum?' You ask, it is somehow different from what you've expected. You are actually expecting something close to that crazy mansion back home. 

'This is not my real home. Haraboji offer me to stay here. My parents are in the U.S, they'll be back for the wedding though.' She's almost smiling through her gums, clinging onto Daehyun's arm like a leech. You cringe at the sight. Sehun notices however. 

'I see you're already calling him Haraboji.' You say sarcastically and Hyerim's lips twitched in annoyance at your unneeded remark. 

Both Sehun and Daehyun alight. You are about to open the door when Sehun actually opens it for you. Of course, Daehyun waits for Hyerim to step out gracefully. Sehun's gaze lingers a little longer on you as you step out of the car slowly. Then to your surprise he bent forward and whispers. 

'Thankyou.' His voice make you remember what Niel said previously. 

'Be Happy.' 

You smiles weakly at him, hoping not to look too genuinely happy. 

Daehyun has seen the moment and looks away with a poker face while he lets Hyerim wrap her arms around his arm. 

You follow behind the two of them with Sehun silently beside you. But the atmosphere between the two of your have already changed since seconds ago. You notice how he is matching to your pace. You look up and your heart skips a beat. 

His expression is soft, his gaze however, intense and observantly fixed on the girl a few metres away. 

You turn around and watch Daehyun's back. This distance between us can't be measured - So near yet so far. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

A LONG UPDATE. AND I FINALLY DECIDED TO SIT DOWN AND DO UP A POSTER FOR THIS FANFIC. HAHAHA. LAZY ME IS LAZY. AND HI I LOVE CUBE SO MUCH I HAVE NO WORDS. PLEASE LOOK AT HOW THIS ROH JI HOON IS MAKING THE WORLD GO ROUND WITH HIS Y MV FOR 'PUNISHMENT' (CHECK IT OUT HERE). OKAY SO THIS IS ANOTHER SONG FROM HIS EP. MY GAWD SO NAISE~ <3 I'LL UPDATE SOON! TILL THEN!