Foul play.

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

Daehyun has always been unreadable. His expressions, his tone, the words he say. I couldn't quite get him at all. But I am inevitably drawn towards him. His smirk, his jaw line, his voice, his unreadable expressions. Those things made up Daehyun don't they? 

 

I haven't realised how tightly he held my hand as we made our way towards Haraboji's room. I could hear the loud waves outside, I could see the dark sky with little stars tonight. I hear the footsteps of the others who followed silently behind us. I could feel my own rambling heart thumping noisily against my chest. I could maybe feel his hand trembling. 

Random thoughts race through my mind like a bad mix tape, clashing and trashing against my skull. I was feeling dizzy again. I wanted to run. To take this boy away with me. We could run away, together. Why must I get someone else to decide my future? 

The door looked heavy and scary. I could almost feel Haraboji's authority and exertion of power from within. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. Daehyun let go of my hand before he opened the door, and I feel the cold slowly creeping back inside me. 

We entered the room slowly, the 6 other boys were already inside standing in a row on the left. I heard Sungyeol's scowl and Zelo's sigh as I looked Haraboji in the eye. Those eyes felt cold. Colder than the winter night. Does he have any emotions for me as his granddaughter? I tried to speak, but only my lips parted, there was no sound coming from my throat. My head feels heavy and my legs were losing strength. 

Daehyun stepped forward with a bow and moved to the right together with the rest, leaving me in the middle right infront of Haraboji's marble desk. 

'Naomi.' He said, and I flinched. This wasn't the tone I was expecting. It sounded so deep and hollow, I struggled to keep my balance while my legs trembled. 

'I'm sure you have someone in mind right now don't you?' He said with a grin that looked forceful while he glanced in Yongguk's direction. In the corner of my eyes I saw Zelo flinched. I couldn't reply. I didn't know what will happen if I've admitted the truth. Why does this have to happen when our feelings were finally brought across to each other? I've waited so long for Daehyun to say that. I've always wanted to stay in his arms to feel his warmth. 

'I will be looking forward to a good show tomorrow.' He added with another grin. 

'A show?!' I felt the fury swallowing me from the inside. My fists were clenched so hard and my tears were fighting to flow. 

'What?' 

'Why are you treating me like this?! I'm a game? I'm only 19! Why cant I decide my own future? Just because I'm your granddaughter and just because you suddenly acknowledged my existence after all these years. MY MOM RAN AWAY BECAUSE OF YOU. JUST BECAUSE OF YOU!' I screamed ignoring the pairs of eyes on me. I understood how my mom felt when she decided to run away from this distorted reality. 

Haraboji's lips pursed into a hard line and he stood up, his eyes were icy cold. It doesn't take an idiot to feel his incoming rage.

I felt a short sharp pain across my cheek as my legs gave way on impact, falling into Daehyun's arms. I forced myself to hold in those useless tears as I stared at Haraboji. He stood there looking back at me with a furious expression. The shadow casted by his raised hand shook eerily on the wall. I looked away as Daehyun supported me.

No one said a word.

Neither did yongguk or anyone else moved. I felt Daehyun's cold fingers on my burning cheek as he the side of my face gently but his fingers clearly trembled. 

'Your mom ran away because she fell in love with her butler. You have to marry someone of equal status.' He simply said, avoiding eye contact. But he was breathing heavily. I stared at the ground in disbelief. 

'This is the 21st century!! Who cares about that?!' I knew I was challenging his patience but I couldn't care less. I remembered mom's letter and hell no I'm giving him control to my life. 

'You, will not talk to me like this.' He said coldy but his tone intimidating. 

I laughed bitterly and felt Daehyun's worried glance on me. I stepped away from him and bit the inside of my lips. Am I causing pain to you too?

'We won't lose.' Suddenly, Daehyun said as he stepped forward. I turned around in shock to see the rest of them smiling at me. Those tears that I've been holding in fell almost immediately. 

'We won't lose too.' Yongguk challenged and nodded at Haraboji. 

'I supposed our conversation is over.' Haraboji sat down in his leather seat and Mr K stepped forward gesturing the rest of us towards the door. Zelo and Sungyeol wrapped their arms around my small shoulders while Zelo wiped my tears away with his sleeves. I smiled. 

'Thankyou.'

* * * * * 

'Do you think I did the right thing?' 

'You were never wrong.' 

"Is that so...?' 

* * * * *

The day has finally arrived. I have to watch my friends, my bodyguards, my butlers and my love battle for me. How wonderful a life I have. 

Last night was an unforgettable memory. In a bad sense. I couldn't shake the look on Haraboji off my thoughts. I couldn't ignore the fact that Daehyun embraced me with all his soul assuring me that we'll be fine. Is that so? 

Zelo and Yongguk stood face to face in the middle of the Dojang. Battle of Skills = Taekwondo skills. Seems like Zelo will have to battle him face to face. I looked at Yongguk who smiled in my direction. I looked away immediately. I don't want him to lose for the sake of being a nice new friend. But neither do I want Zelo to lose. 

'The winners will advance to the last match.' Haraboji said. Apparently he changed the rules again. I wonder if it's a good thing. Because as long as Daehyun wins his match, I get to chose right?? No?

 Zelo gave me a thumbs up, but I could feel the tension behind his smile. Mr K stood in between them as they bowed and got into position. Zelo seemed more like a kid in his Taekwondo Dobok. His black belt tied tightly on his waist. But Yongguk was a black belt too, his eyes were fierce as though already in position to eat Zelo up. I couldn't help but feel nervous. 

'Why didn't you tell me you're getting married?!" Jihye whispered beside me. I've almost forgotten her presence, guilty-mode activated. I haven't seen her last night too.

'Sorry. I didn't know it too,' I said sarcastically. 'You promise not to tell anyone?' I asked again just to make sure. I cant afford the whole school to know about my weird marriage plans. 

'I might not get married okay. Whoever wins this gets to be my fiance. I think...?' I added again, doubtful at my own words. Haraboji is unpredictable. He sounded almost eager to marry me away. 

'I wont.' Jihye punched her chest lightly and grabbed my hand. 'Daehyun will win right?' She winked but I only sighed.

I turned around and met Daehyun's glance. How long has he been looking at me? He stood smartly together with the rest behind us in their sleek black suits while niel and his gang stood beside them just a few metres away. Niel smiled in my direction and I nodded in acknowledgement. I don't know how to feel about them because I only had an actual conversation with Yongguk, and me breaking down yesterday wasn't a proud experience too. I feel embarrased just thinking about it.

I locked gazes with Daehyun again and he smiled. He'd been smiling more isn't he? 

'Start!" Mr K said loudly and I shifted my attention back to the match immediately. 

'Zelo, do well.' I heard Sungyeol muttered under his breath behind me, while my hands were clasped together, praying for his victory. 

 

Yongguk made the first move by advancing forward. Zelo took a few steps back pulling their distance apart. His expressions were tense. I've never seen this side of Zelo before. Suddenly he was grabbing Yongguk by his arms and in a swift motion he swiped Yongguk off his feet, shoulder first onto the ground. Jihye cheered beside me. But Chunji sighed. I turned around and frowned. He nodded slightly and jerked his chin towards Zelo. 

'1' Mr K announced raising his arm towards Zelo, who then took a few steps back while Yongguk stood up as if there was no pain. There was a smirk across his face. On the other hand, Zelo looked anxious and taken aback. Could it be that Yongguk let him took the first point? If it is, then, this is bad. 

Zelo shot me another glance and force a smile. Too forceful a smile. It seems as if that one attack used up half of his energy. I was too nervous and worried at the same time. I couldn't watch anymore. I couldn't watch the usual bubbly Zelo get beaten down like that. 

I have no idea what skills are you supposed to have. But seeing Zelo getting flipped over by Yongguk wasn't exactly the best scene I liked to watch. As last he fought to stand up, still giving me the best smile he could manage. But I couldn't return it for it was too painful to watch.

'Something's wrong.' L.joe said suddenly and both Jihye and I jerked our heads back towards him at the same time.

'What's wrong?' Jihye asked and L.joe just frowned. I looked at Daehyun, his experssion looked horrible. I gasped as a mixture of shock and fury formed on his perfect features. He noticed me, his eyes listless. I glanced over and they all seemed to notice something that I wasn't. 

I looked at Zelo again focusing on his arms and legs. He seemed really out of breath. His jaw was tightly clenched all the time and threads of sweat streaked down from his forehead. He looked like someone in great pain, like being stabbed. 

'STOP!' I stood up and shouted just as Yongguk was about to perform another merciless body flip. 

Haraboji glanced in my direction, but I couldn't care less what he has to say. Zelo was definitely hurting. I ran towards him and knelt down beside him, grabbing his arms. His face twisted as I lifted them. Tears welled up in my eyes as I wiped the sweat away from his face, helplessly hoping I could wipe away his pain too. 

'Is that how you've been fighting? In pain? What on earth happened?' I said and glance at Haraboji. He showed no expression. Nothing at all. It was more like he had expected this to happen. 

'What did you do?!' I shouted at Yongguk, who stood motionless just staring in my direction. But Daehyun grabbed my arm pulling me up from the ground. His grip was forceful but I felt his anger and his helplessness. His other hand was clenched into a tight fist. He was suppressing his rage.

I took another look at Zelo while Chunji pressed his legs gently. But even with that gentle a touch, Zelo winced.

'I think he has a broken ankle.' Chunji finally said. Yongguk was horrified too, kneeling down beside Chunji muttering his apologies. But Sungyeol pushed him away coldly. 

'Quit acting like you care.' 

'He can't fight like this.' L.joe added putting Zelo's arm over his shoulders.

'Let... let me win.. i have to win this.' Zelo's voice was almost a whimper as he looked at me in the eyes. I shook my head and looked away. 'No, I won't allow this, you can't.' 

Daehyun squeezed my shoulder lightly and led me away as Chunji and L.Joe carried Zelo out of the Dojang. 

'Boss we're sorry but he couldn't continue.' Chunji said just before he left. But he'd missed that horrible smirk on Haraboji's face. 

'What did you do?!" I raised my voice. I was so sure he was the mastermind behind all these. 

'What happened?' Yongguk asked standing beside me now, looking at Haraboji too, raising his suspicion. 

'Nothing happened, I just gave some little punishment to kids who misbehave.' Haraboji said, yet again cold and simply as though Zelo's life doesn't concern him at all. How can anyone be so cold?! 

'WHAT?!' I could hold in my anger anymore and threw my shoe in his direction, but Mr K caught it right before it hit him on the face. He shook his head lightly and I knew instantly from his eyes that whatever answers I need, he could be the one to provide me with. I looked away pulling the confused Jihye in the process and stomped out of the Dojang without turning back. 

Right before, I heard Haraboji announce loud and clear, on purpose for me to hear.

'The winner for this round is, Bang Yong Guk!'