Chapter 12

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

'K,' Haraboji moved away from the windows.

'Yes Boss.' Mr K replied respectfully, even though he could sense what was coming, he had no obligations to object or give any comments.

'Give these a call.' Haraboji said pointing to a file and headed out to meet you and the rest of the family. 

* * * * *

 

No matter how beautiful the sea was and how much it excites you, the villa was definitely another eye opener. Really just how big can a house get? I know, I live in a mansion but this villa?! 

You stared at the gigantic looking roof and walls and the fact that everything looked so magnificant. Your jaws hung opened once again and Sungyeol chuckled beside you. 

'Tell me this is legal.' You said softly still in surprise. 

'Of course!' Sungyeol replied and grabbed your wrist before darting towards the main hall. 

The whole house gave off a very traditional and oriental feel. It was different from the western inspired mansion. You felt like you were in Japan upon taking the first small step into the villa. 

'Woah.' You admired the interior design in awe. 

'MISS YOU!' Suddenly a really deafening shout came from behind startling you. You were almost leaning against Sungyeol and he was definitely grinning through his cheekbones while he spun you around to face the other members of the family. A long time since that happened. 

You nodded slightly and the 3 rows of males dispersed in all directions after greeting you. TOO MUCH! Your bodyguards and butlers were the only one left around. You frowned as their expression looked glum, especially Zelo. L glanced at Sungyeol and then avoided eye contact with him completely. L.Joe was looking past you completely while Daehyun's expression was just unreadable as always since forever. The only happy looking Chunji let out a short inaudible sigh and gave Sungyeol an eyeful. 

'What?I' Sungyeol mouthed still confused at the situation. Chunji shook his head once and gestured you towards the living room with the others following behind in silence. 

'What's wrong?' You asked Chunji and took a quick glance back; they were looking in all directions except at you or each other.

'Nothing. Don't worry.' Chunji replied with an assuring smile that has that magical power to actually succeed in assuring you. You just shrugged and saw Haraboji seated in an oriental styled couch in front. 

'Haraboji.' You greeted and settled in the one-seater beside him while the others stand in a line behind you. 

'How are you settling in so far? I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you all the time. We'll have lots of time together while we're here.' Haraboji smiled that father-like smile and patted your hand gently. You couldn't help but grin back.  

Haraboji glanced back at the rest who lowered their head respectfully. 'So, have they been treating you well? I could change anyone if you're uncomfortable with any of them.' 

'No..N..no they're nice. Y..yes they've been treating me well. Very. Well.' You were surprised at the question and the first thought that came to was Daehyun. He wasn't nice, no. Not with that hot and cold unreadable and unexpainable weird personality. But you didn't want him to be changed, not him, especially. As incomprehensible as it was, you seemed to be really curious about his weird personality. You seemed to be attracted to him in ways even you don't understand. 

Haraboji frowned but it turned into a smile. That was when you noticed a large crest behind him on the wall. It has an eagle in the middle and two swords crisscrossed in the background. At the bottom there was a word and a moto that read "Takeshi. To Fight and Defend." 

'Takeshi? Isn't that Japanese?' You asked. 

Haraboji cleared his throat and flashed a slow nostalgic smile.

'Yes we're the Takeshi Family, My grandfather was a Japanese who married a korean lady and moved to Korea. It meant unbending or warrior. Just like us, a family of unbending and undefeatable warriors.' His eyes seemed far away as he told you for the first time, about the family history. 

'So Haraboji you have a Japanese name then?' You asked fascinated even though that probably made you one-sixteen of Japanese blood. You arched an eyebrow just thinking about it, truly fascinating indeed. 

Haraboji laughed and you heard chuckles from behind but before you turned around they were back to poker faces. 

'Yes my dear. In fact you have too. You'll have to name your child after Takeshi too, carry on the family blood or tradition. I'm sorry I've totally forgotten to introduced myself,' he started and you frowned too for being too interested in your bodyguards than to know the family history and needless to say even your own grandfather's name. You smiled awkwardly and nodded. 

'Park Jung Soo is my Korean name. Park is the surname of my great grandmother. Takeshi Nobu is my Japanese name, Nobu means faith. I'm a warrior with faith. Hahaha,' He laughed again and continued, 'Your mother is the first female born to the family but she married your father.' His expression darkened with the mention of that particular man.

'So my suname is Kwon after dad obviously, but did mom have a Japanese name? She hadn't told me about it at all.' You watched as haraboji's expression changed and then he was smiling again. 

'Your mom's Japanese name is Takeshi Yoko. Sunshine, beautiful just like her bubbly personality isn't it?' Haraboji caressed your head affectionately. 'Your Japanese name is Takeshi Naomi, your mom wished that you'll become a honest and beautiful child.' 

You felt tears welling up in your eyes at those words. You suddenly wished that they were still alive.

Haraboji grabbed your hands and you thought you saw a flicker of saddness in his eyes too. You sniffed in a sob. 

'Alright Naomi,' Haraboji called you by your japanese name, even though it still felt a little foreign but you felt the warmth and hope from your mother. That was in fact the name she chosen.

'I've been wanting to call you that, you took after your mother so much, I've seen her in you.' But when he said that you thought you had saw anger or maybe regret, but it soon vanished completely. Maybe just your imaginations.

'Since you're next in line to the Takeshi Throne, as a female we'll need to find you a partner soon. Just great timing, you're turning 19, legal age for marriage.' Haraboji clasped his hands together a cue for Mr K to move forward and put a thick file on the table infront of you. 

'What?!' You were still trying to process what he've said. The last word caught you totally. Marriage? WHAT MARRIAGE? I'M GETTING MARRIED AT THIS AGE?! 

'HARABOJI, THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?' Your pitch was a few octaves higher and you covered your mouth immediately in embarrassement.

Turned around, you met the cold gaze of Daehyun. Does he know already? He looked away, but his eyes seemed out of focus. Then you saw Chunji who had his lips pursed into a thin line while a frown creased on his forehead. You turned back to face Haraboji who was still grinning through his teeth. 

Then something struck you, your mother is the only child too. Was your dad the arranged marriage too? 

'So you did the same thing to mother? Then dad-' 

'NO.' Haraboji raised his voice suddenly.

You flinched at his sudden rage. The silence in the room was killing you. You were suddenly very much frightened by his authority. 

'Yoko ran away from home behind my back and married that boy!' His voice cracked at the last word. You finally understood why you've never knew about your other life as a grand daughter of a Mafia boss all these years.

Your mother ran away too, she'd decided to pursue true love instead of such atrociousness. Is that why she named you Naomi? She wanted you to be honest to your feelings because she'd forseen this happening? You gritted you teeth. 

'So now you're doing this to me? Like what you did to mom?' Your voice shook and you felt your nails digging into your palms. All previous feeling of happiness and loved vanished into thin air together with Haraboji's words.

'This is for your own good Naomi, unless you're telling me you've fallen in love with someone else.' His gaze flickered to the boys behind and they stood in perfect posture afraid to make any sound or any movements. 

'No!' You shouted but Daehyun's face flashed in your mind. 

'Then that's settled. Look through this. They'll be here soon to meet you. You can decide later. It's okay you'll find someone you like. They're all the best of the best whom I personally picked, just like your bodyguards.' His tone implied something else, something much more that you couldn't make out. You could only frown in disbelief. 

'W..wha..-'

'K, let's go. And you, Chunji, bring her back to her room.' Just like that Haraboji left, leaving you boiling with rage and helplessness. 

Am I really going to agree to this without a fight?

 

'Let's go.' Chunji's said in a softer voice. Even though his voice was calm, you could still feel his shock from the news. 

'Is he really doing this to me?' You asked and glanced at the rest. They cleverly avoided your gaze. The fact is they were all finding it hard swallowing this piece of news.

'She's really going to marry someone else?' Zelo placed a hand on Chunji's shoulder and looked at you worriedly. 

'Don't ask anymore.' Chunji replied and held out a hand, gesturing towards the stairs. 

Your gaze focused on Daehyun. His eyes met yours for a short second and looked away the next. You couldn't make out his expression. Either he was really glad or he was really sad. But you didn't know if he'll be sad. He might just let you marry off to some random guy since probably this was all just your one-sided wishful thinking. 

You got up and followed Chunji without another glance at the rest. 

 

'Why did you pick that up?!' You almost screamed seeing the folder in Chunji's hands. 

'You might want to look through it. News is, they'll be arriving in two days. I know this is all too sudden, but you'll need to be ready anyway. I've heard alot about the previous mistress. She was disowned by Boss until you were born, as his grandchild, he wouldn't leave you alone. I don't know too, if only I can help.' Chunji's voice was almost a whisper and his eyes kept front.  

'You can help me leave!' You whispered back louder.

'That's not possible. You be back again.' 

'Then...' 

'If you have someone in your heart, go for it. Two is always better than one in this unfair fight.' 

* * * * *

 

L.Joe followed after both you and Chunji have left for a couple of minutes. He needed to talk to Chunji, he'd seen your expression and his over-protective mentality just doesn't approve of this. 

Sungyeol slumped into the couch beside L. 

'So... this is what happens.' Sungyeol's arm draped across his face. L didn't reply. He was too taken aback. You've held a special position in his heart, now that made him wonder if that can be considered as love. 

Zelo lay face down in the other couch on the verge of burning the house down with a lighter. 'waey did ee do tat.' He mumbled.

'Speak human Zelo.' Sungyeol sighed again kicking Zelo with his long legs making him flip over.

'Yah, hyung!' Zelo rubbed his waist annoyed. 'Why did he do that?' He repeated. 

'Who knows..' L managed to say. 

Zelo stole a glance at Daehyun who was staring out at the sea silently, deep in thoughts.  

Is it too late? He found out? Daehyun rested his forehead against the glass and squeezed his eyes shut. Then he turned around and realized that they rest were now looking at him. 

He took a deep breath. In fact, all of them did at once.

'I like her.' Daehyun said finally, his gaze determined. 

Then he realised all of them actually said the same thing. 'I like noona too.' Zelo echoed then realised the rest was silent. Sungyeol's jaws hung open. He didn't expect that coming.

'ALL OF US?!' He almost screamed.

'WHAT?!' Zelo jumped up on his feet and stared at the rest after finally realizing the situation. 

'WHAT DID YOU SAY?!' 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________