Chapter 6

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

My sight was fuzzy and I couldn't make out the figure leaning over me. I tried to blink but my eyelids were really heavy. It was early morning I suppose, but I'm not so sure. Closed my eyes again, I felt myself drifting deeper and deeper into darkness.
Something soft and cold touched my forehead. I opened my eyes but there was nothing. Then I let the darkness took over my senses...once again...

 

I think I just had the weirdest dream. My eyes flew open with the blazing sun rays attacking the back of my head. I covered my eyes with my draped over arm. It was really weird for a typical school day. Chunji should have woke me up way before the sun was this high up in the sky. 

I took a glance at the clock. AH DAMMIT! LATE FOR SCHOOL! 

I jumped out of bed in too much a rush that I landed unfortunately on my knees. But the short sharp pain had me woken up fully. I winced and did a mental note to myself for neverending clumsiness. Just earlier this week I had spilled a glass of juice on L.Joe, soaking up his jeans in such a weird manner that it was so embarrasing to even think of it. Not forgetting that I tripped and fell on L. He had blushed so much and made things even more awkward on the same day.

I was getting on my feet just when both L.Joe and Chunji walked in. Seeing the sight, both of them broke into a run at the same time and almost bumped into each other. You have to look at their expressions. It was totally hillarious I actually just laughed. But well, over protective should be warned.

'HAHAHAHAHA OMG GUYS.. it's okay. I just...fell? You guys don't have to fight to help me up right do you?' I stuck out my tongue playfully at the shocked faces. 

'YOU! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CAREFUL AT HOME.' both of them said at the same time and exchanged that 'hey that was supposed to be my line' kind of face. Well, I just laughed, again. 

'Chunji, if you haven't realise, my head was burning, you should've woken me up.' I frowned not quite sure it was actually his negligience, and stood up with L.Joe's help. 

"Ah, I'm sorry I must've left it open last night.' Chunji frowned too tilting his head quizzically while looking at the curtains as though deep in thoughts. I didn't even realise I was staring at Chunji's side profile especially when some flowerboy is standing that close to you. Beside me L.Joe cleared his throat loudly and chuckled. It isn't that hard to see how he was laughing at me. I had to elbow his ribs before he could regain that usual straight and serious face. 

'Ah, before I forgot, Sungyeol has already called the school to give you a day off. He said you needed it.' L.Joe started and smirked suggestively with an arched eyebrow. I gave him another elbow but this time he dodged it with a swift ballet-like spin to Chunji's side. Daehyun must've taught him things he shouldn't be learning, like that annoying smirk he was showing me. I rolled my eyes but he grinned nonetheless. 

Right, I slept really late last night. It was great of him to actually be so thoughtful. I smiled but thought I heard a suppressed laughter coming from L.Joe so I shot him another death glare. Last warning to this man.

Chunji was still deep in thoughts about that 'amazing' self-opening curtain because he had been staring at it for quite a while and I have no idea how something so minor could catch his full attention. I waved my hand infront of him and shot L.Joe a puzzled look.

L.Joe pinched Chunji's in the waist and he jumped in surprise. 'Back to earth flower boy.' I said waving my hand infront of his face again. 'Let's eat, I'm starving.' 

* * * * *

The house was unusually quiet today, I took a glance at the clock before exiting my room; 12:30PM. Normally it should be filled with weird shoutings from everywhere around the house but today, it seemed so... deserted somehow. I could even hear my own footsteps echoing through the hallway. 

But to my surprise, Daehyun was sitting at the dining table with a french croissant in his hand. He smirked as soon as he saw me. I have to admit how my appearance wasn't even worth listing into Top 10 Grandest Entrance. Honestly, I didn't even bother combing my hair.

Let it be, messy it shall be. I don't even care if Daehyun must be thinking how untidy a girl I was. If I could ask haraboji to build a wall literally between us, it would be the best gift on earth.

'Our sleeping beauty, if you haven't already realise, it's already afternoon.' He teased and smirked again before taking a sip of whatever speak-with-no-manners-potion in his cup. 

I've learned to ignore him perfectly. I'm getting a hang of it; the whole  - 'Operation Ignore Annoying Daehyun' thingy. But suddenly a scene from last night jolted my memory. Was Daehyun the one holding the blanket? I frowned as Chunji handed me a toast, that earned me a puzzled look from the flower boy. 

'Where is everyone?' I asked L.Joe who was drinking juice from a straw. Side track, my butlers sit with us for all meals. They aren't exactly 'Bulters', more of like personal assistant slash best buddies, for the fact that L.Joe had actually folded my undies and Chunji already knew my cup size. They probably didn't really cared because L.Joe always just laughed when he collected my clothes from the bathroom. See, that's what happens when you live in a house full of boys. I'm like the fresh new barbie doll from the mall.

Okay back to topic. Before L.Joe even had the chance to speak, Daehyun answered nonchalantly.

'The others were helping out in an orphanage Boss recently established. The kids are in school. Aren't you happy that Sungyeol took a day off for you? No school for you doesn't mean no school for them. They're high school kids too.'

Then he took another bite off his croissant. That face.

'Aren't you a high school student too?!' I retorted. I thought I saw him flustered for a moment but he was back to poker face as soon as that happened. 

'I had errands to run for Boss.' He simply said, implying the end of this conversation. 

'But isn't Boss in Bali now for a private conference?' Chunji butted in and bite off an apple. Wow how can you look so good just eating an apple?

'I just had errands to run. And if you excuse me, I have had enough of croissant.' Then Daehyun got up almost immediately and left the table leaving me slightly dumbfounded. 

'Well whatever, I can finally eat in peace now.' I muttered under my breath before taking another bite of my toast. But the fact was, I knew he was hiding something.

'Really?' L.Joe said but it was almost inaudible.

'What? You said something?' I mumbled through chewing.

'Nope. No. Eat. Eat more.' He replied with a smile. 

Really, Daehyun seemed a little out of place today. What was he eating alone anyway and not in school with the rest of them? What was it that Haraboji gave him? mmm. I thought, but I let it pass and continued with my brunch.

 

* * * * *

Later in the afternoon, the rest were back from school and scattered around the mini living room at the second storey. I joined Zelo for a game of Wii Tennis while the rest chatted among themselves. 

'you, are you excited for the seaside trip?' Sungyeol asked from behind while I swung the Wii controller and scored another point off Zelo. 'Yah! You're not ever gonna win this!' Zelo shouted at the screen before swinging his controller madly. 

'Of course I am!' I replied Sungyeol after earning the match point. Zelo pouted and stared at me with puppy eyes. I could never say no to that pair of eyes, but I was tired already. 'Sungyeol ah! You play with him!' I threw the controller at Sungyeol and Zelo grabbed him off the couch at once. 

I slumped into the space between L and L.Joe who were just playing multiplication table in some weird memory game format. I couldn't even understand the rules let alone playing it with L.Joe. Seeing how deafeated L looked after L.Joe won for the thousandth time in a row, I would be an idiot to even try. But I had to admit L.Joe was amazing. He could memorized our english essay with just one look at the paper. His photographic memory must be his strongest and best characteristic, because the rest of the time he was just an idiot who laughs at my undergarments. I'm sure Haraboji must've recognized the side of him well enough to make him my Butler. 

On the other hand, Daehyun was drawing intently on a sketchpad for the past half an hour. I wondered what he drew in there. Even the rest of them hadn't even get a look inside it. It seemed really private. 

'Is he always like this?' I pointed at the said male sitting on the edge of the window. 

'Sometimes.' L shrugged. L was getting better at talking to me. Though sometimes he gave me the impression that he was secretly in love with Sungyeol judging from the way he always smiled like an angel when they talked. 

I hated to say this, but no matter how much Daehyun annoyed me, he looked the most attractive while he was focused on something. His fixated gaze on that sketchpad was impressive. Such intense concentration. His eyesbrows slightly creased into a frown and his lips slightly parted, very inviting.

Then again there was those really sharp jawbone of his that I couldn't help staring at. He must've sensed my equally embarrassing burning stare because he turned around fixing his gaze right on me. I looked away immediately, my ears were heating up by the second.

Oh gawd. why are you being like this stupid you. Get a grip. It's that annoying idiot right there!

Then I slowly lifted my head only to find that he was totally focused in his sketchpad again. Then a really outrageous thought flashed through my mind; I actually hoped to be the one he was drawing. 

I combed my fingers through my hair in frustration and hissed an inaudible curse under my breath.

What am I even thinking. I need air. Okay balcony right now. 

I got to my feet immediately and made my way towards the large balcony. I. NEED. AIR.

Once there, the scenery was as wonderful as always, peace was hard to come by at this point of the day. I could only hear the cars on the expressway in a distance and Sungyeol's atrocious high-pitched shouting and of course Zelo's never ending whining. I rested my hand on the edge of the ledge and closed my eyes, feeling the breeze on my skin. I inhaled deeply, and exhaled contentedly. 

'Do you like here so much?' A voice came from behind and I jumped again. I turned around and it was Daehyun standing near the door again. How many agains is it...again? Oh gawd.

'Seriously, you hadn't scare me enough?' I scrowled but he laughed melodiously. I hadn't really hear it after our first meeting in the van, but they were as enticing as ever. The main point was it wasn't an actual annoying smirk this time. 

He strolled over to my side and fixed his gaze on the traffic in the distance.

'I came here often too you know.' He said softly, almost a whisper.

I found myself staring at his side profile instead. He looked more child-like in this manner. Not that smuggish afterall I guess. But I soon realised he was looking at me too. I turned, feeling the heat slowly rushing to my face, with the intention of walking away. But he grabbed my wrist and sprung me around, facing him. We were just inches apart and I unconsiously held my breath as I saw my own reflection in his eyes. 

I thought I was expecting something but he let go immediately.

'Gotcha.' He said with that annoying smirk and gone back to enjoying the rest of the scenery, leaving me in a totally messed up state. I felt my face burning and the next thing I did was probably the best that I've ever done so far.

I gave him my hardest kick in his ankle before stomping off. 

'Ow!' He glared at me while grabbing his attacked ankle but I didn't really care.

'Serves you right!' I shouted back before breaking into a run to my bedroom. The fact was, my heart was in a total flutter.

What is wrong with you stupid idiot annoying Daehyun?!

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

I SHALL SAY I REALLY HAD FUN WRITING THIS CHAPTER. IDK I WAS TRYING TO IMAGINE THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES AHHAHAS. AWW I WANT MY OWN BUTLER TOO. BUT OKAY NOU.