Third Party

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

 

Nervous should be the word for the moment now. My mind is practically running at a hundred miles per hour as I watch the limo stops before all of us. Haraboji especially, broad wide grin across his face. But I've notice something about him; he seems to have aged just over the week. 

I know right, time is suppose to fly. But it's literally crawling against my skin as I dread every moment of this pointless competition. No matter how fired up the boys are, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy it whole heartedly. Especially since Chunji lost the match just hours ago. It's back to a draw now. It's not gonna end up with a draw right? 

Thinking back over the past few days, I realise how we've grown. I mean it in a good way. Especially since Daehyun's feelings grew significantly too right? I shouldn't be smiling now, but I have to. 

Daehyun grabs my last finger lightly as he stood beside me in his usual sleek black (Mafia) suit. The others stand beside him hands behind their backs. Like the first time I've saw them. It will always be a good memory to remember. Not to mention, our guests, the six other boys stand on my right. Niel looking even smarter in his grey suit than before. Ever since the match before I've knew so much about them. About their connections with me and of course my family. If mom's here, she'll remember. 

I am sandwiched between Daehyun and Yongguk of course. The only short and princess-in-the-making amidst a row of drop dead gorgeous alpha males of all kinds. 

I've almost forgotten that I live in a house full of males and that I'm sadly, supposingly proudly, an undergroud Mafia Boss's granddaughter. What complication, I even get tongue tied just thinking about it. I roll my eyes just before the person I am dreading emerged from the limousine. Please, not trying to be mean here but who drives a limo to a beach villa? This girl apparently. 

Kim Hye Rim; she is tall, maybe half a head taller than I am, wearing heels. I glance down at my flats self consciously and sighed slightly, but thanks to L.Joe and Chunji I wore a pretty maxi dress. Her bodyguard is a head taller than her, his hair combed neatly back with wax. He too, look like he just jumped out of a movie. Are all bodyguards supposed to look so gorgeous? He held out a hand as she took it while she grabs the helm of her long silky tube dress before balancing herself perfectly on her killer heels.

I am impressed.

She did not look the least afraid or nervous facing this amout of people, well mayb just 15? But smoking hot boys? How can she keep her composure and not blush like a child like I did before? 

I couldn't help but notice her every little actions. How she brushes away a loose strand of fringe falling off her neat beautiful bunned up hair. Of course noticing how her eyes flicker to Daehyun then me and then smiles slightly before bowing femininely at Haraboji. If a girl's intuition is accurate, I'm almost a hundred percent sure that was belittling me in action right here. If she is the rival? I'm going to lose right? 

I glance up at Daehyun who has his eyes on her. A pang of jealousy hit me and a stinging feeling hit the back of my eyes. I bite my lips immediately and turn back to Hyerim. She is beautiful, her revealed shoulders are equally as seducing as her pair of deer-like eyes. Naturally, this is a girl feeling jealous at every other beautiful girls in the world.

This is me feeling helpless as I imagine my Daehyun with her. 

Haraboji smiles slyly in Daehyun's direction. He drew a circle on the back of my hand quickly with his thumb before he walks over. It is fast, but I know he did that to make me feel secure. This is him telling me to not worry and trust him and I do. It's okay. Just a tour around the house, being her personal bodyguard for a few days. I have 5 more while she just gained one. It's okay. 

Somehow there's a feeling for me to look at her bodyguard again. He stood by the car door like a perfect silhuoette, his eyes sharp on their ends, his nose straight and sharp, his lips seems small. He isn't smiling, so he looks angry, but that's probably due to his thick eyebrows. Why do you even need Daehyun when you have a man like this around you?

I'm sure I'm glaring at her already. 

The whole sting in the eyes are coming back like a wave. As Haraboji smiles like a saint as he reaches out for both their hands and places Daehyun's on top of hers. As much as I hate to watch this whole scene breaking out infront of my very eyes, I have to watch, to keep my eyes open. I have to trust. To trust Daehyun with all my heart that he's heart is with mine even when his hand is on hers. The hand that ran through my hair a couple of times, the hand that brushed away my tears, the hand that held me close. 

'He's just like my son. I'm sure he'll make you happy.' Haraboji says, obviously implying a whole new meaning. Hyerim smiles bashfully, that's blushing. I'm so sure of it. That lowering of her head, smiling through her teeth, that little movement of her collarbone. Every body language she gives off should be illegal in such circumstances. I turn away finally. A tear fell and I wipe it away immediately faking some lame itch in the eye. 

Chunji took a step towards me, closing the gap that Daehyun left. I mentally thanked him. 

I don't know if Daehyun ever turn to look at me, or if Hyerim is probably firing fireworks in her mind at how insignificant I look right here right now. I can only feel my nails digging into my palm and my teeth biting into my lips as I hold back the one last urge to cry like a fool. 

I trust him. 

Right? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Decided to try writing it in present tense instead. see how it all goes. haha. anyone interested in the male bodyguard? hahahahaha. UPVOTE THIS ANYONE?! HAHAHAHAH /HIDES AND GRIN LIKE AN IDIOT/